Objectdock vs Objectdock Plus vs Rocketdock vs RK Launcher

Question

None of them. Docks are annoying. I just use pinned applications on my Start Menu.

The Start menu can only hold so much.

The Start menu can only hold so much.

<Clicks Start and All Programs...>

Looks like it holds everything right there. JK

The Start Menu will actually increase in height the more programs you pin to it. I don't use that many applications anyway. Images open up in ACDSee due to file association, videos open up in Media Player Classic due to file association, MP3s open up in WinAMP due to file association, MS Office documents open up in their respective applications due to file association...need I go on?

Other programs I just press the Start Windows key on my keyboard, quickly type the first 4-5 letters and press enter. I never need to move my hand from the keyboard. The Windows Vista Quick Search is such a blessing in disguise.

<Clicks Start and All Programs...>

Looks like it holds everything right there. JK

The Start Menu will actually increase in height the more programs you pin to it. I don't use that many applications anyway. Images open up in ACDSee due to file association, videos open up in Media Player Classic due to file association, MP3s open up in WinAMP due to file association, MS Office documents open up in their respective applications due to file association...need I go on?

Other programs I just press the Start Windows key on my keyboard, quickly type the first 4-5 letters and press enter. I never need to move my hand from the keyboard. The Windows Vista Quick Search is such a blessing in disguise.

one dock with all the apps you need is better than all that. Just one click and that's all.

another vote for RocketDock

The superbar :whistle:

But when I was using a dock program , I used RocketDock, and it did the job very well. Nothing will ever beat Yz Dock though :p

Docks are useful to hide things you don't want people to see :shiftyninja: I used to use rocketdock but I much prefer XWindows Dock :)

Edited by Minimoose

I use ObjectDock because I love the black skin which goes very well with Windows Vista. I don't see what's wrong with ObjectDock and why many people prefer the uglier RocketDock. I tried that once and there was a reason I didn't like it, but I cannot remember.

When I get Windows 7, I'll do away with docks though and use the amazing new taskbar for everything :)

None of the above!

DarkBackgroundScreenshot.jpg

CircleDock!

One-click access to the programs represented by the shortcuts. A mouse with a middle-click on the scroll-wheel is perfect for this, as the dock rotates via the scroll-wheel.

Easy to configure, responsive, and very unobtrusive.

Caveat Emptor: This is Alpha 0.9; however. I've had zero problems with this software.

Bonus: It's Open Source!

--ScottKin