Resident Evil 5 Demo on live!

Personally I loved both GOW 2 and RE 5 Demo so, I dunno.

In my opinion neither realyl needs fixing.

I do have to agree in my opinion that Re5 controls/movement is a feature, not a problem, it's just how it is for now, no doubt it will evolve later through RE 11 or something.

guys...better listen to DM he knows alot about "fixing". He has been bitching about Gears of War 2 needing to be "fixed" for the past 2 weeks.

Oh goody, a new play toy. Let's see how long you last!

And yeah, GoW2 did need fixing (Y) Anyone who says otherwise is an outright liar :)

Or maybe Epic just thought they'd spend the extra time/money/man power on a patch for no reason just for the hell of it :o

:rolleyes:

Just because you think something needs fixing means that it needs fixing no matter what? Are other people not entitled to an opinion about what is right and what needs fixing about certain games. You were on AB within minutes about how RE5 doesn't need to be fixed. From now on no one should even bother posting in this section because whatever DM says is apparently always right.

Oh please...

So if GoW2 never needed fixing, then why did Epic release a patch? And I can bet they'll release another one very soon to sort out the net code. I never said no one can't post their opinion, hell I even told AB he can have whatever beef he has with RE5, but the word he is looking for is not "flaw". I don't care if he enjoys the game in the end, that wasn't what my discussion was with him over it. Just like I said it was great that Mystic didn't have problems with GoW2, but there is a lot of us who still do.

I even agree with AB that I think Capcom should let us move while shooting, if you bothered to read my past reply you'll see that. I simply said Capcom have always intended RE to be like this and thats what they've stuck to. Just like Nintendo did with Zelda and being able to jump. That used to be one of my biggest gripes with Zelda games, but I can acknowledge its not a flaw and a design choice.

Taking 10+ minutes to enter a game, melee through walls, glitched weapons and ammos are not design choices, they were flaws and needed fixing.

I don't care about being right or wrong, I post my opinion just like anyone else. I was active on NW at the time and having a discussion with Gavin, nothing wrong with that (Y)

So move along if you got nothing else to say, I've dealt with much worse than you in my time at NW (Y)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_(computing)

A patch is a small piece of software designed to fix problems with or update a computer program or its supporting data. This includes fixing bugs, replacing graphics and improving the usability or performance. Though meant to fix problems, poorly designed patches can sometimes introduce new problems (see software regressions).

Knock yourself out (Y)

Okay, every POS game/gameplay mechanic/design choice from now on that's been made the way it is because the developers intended it to be that way is barred from being called "flawed".

;)

Dead Space was rather unoriginal, but at least they knew how to do a damn control scheme :p

I'm with you completely, Audioboxer. Having a control scheme that is frustrating and bad doesn't make it a good feature.

I wasn't big on Dead Space, but at least it felt fine -- controls and all. Resident Evil 5 does not. Just not my style game.

@ gamerboy: Don't bother. Trust me. Don't bother.

Well, I loved RE4 but wished for a little bit more in the horror department. I was hoping RE5 would blend the best elements of previous RE titles and those of RE4. It did however feel like an extremely well done visual facelift on RE4.

It was fun but not as much fun as I was expecting. I don't know if it's just me or not but the characters felt...Heavy and slow. The environment was kind of irritating to look around in I found. I felt like it was...I don't know how to describe it.

It was good don't get me wrong - Just not as good as I was hoping.

come to think of it, this demo reminds me of Sword of Sodan on the Amiga circa 1989. gorgeous visuals and spectacular presentation, cumbersome movement and frustrating gameplay. at the end of the day, you need to make a choice. get it for the sights and sounds, or let it go over the frustrating mechanics.

Played it.. got totally messed up by the dude with the chainsaw, I mean really, I emptied atleast two clips, and blasted a barrel next to him, he still didn't die.

I played the demo and loved it :)

not to try and start up anything but i can see AB's point but i agree with DM on how he see's the movement scheme.

The biggest complaint i have with RE5 and i'm so suprised that no-one else has brought this up is the new equipment box.

In all RE's i have played your "equipment" box was in a menu that was out of gameplay so you could equip guns, combine first aid sprays and whatever else in the safety of this menu.

Now if i get badly hurt and i'm in the middle of a zombie hoarde you can't do this or you will find yourself dead pretty quickly. I want the old menu style back sothat i'm not going to die when i try to use a first aid spray so that my lack of health doesnt kill me the next time i am hit!

Overall i still thought the game was good and have pre-ordered my copy and looking very forward to this :)

I have played every RE game to date, so I know my way around the control scheme. IMO, the demo wasn't bad because the controls are "classic RE" controls, it was more disappointing than anything. They should definitely change the scheme to allow you to move and shoot at the same time. Other games can do it just fine and still maintain a sense of tension, horror, action, etc. so there really is no excuse.

Dead Space is a fanastic example of what can be done with the right control scheme in a survival horror game. Not once did I feel restricted, and I was almost constantly moving while shooting. And yet, DS was still incredibly scary and tense. Capcom should get their collective heads out of their asses and realize the "classic RE" control scheme is dated and unacceptable.

I won't be buying the game, but I may eventually rent it.

What a pathetic demo that was.

I just felt totally constricted, like I was in a bad dream (nightmare). I couldn't do what I wanted to do. Whoever thought up the control settings needs shooting. And what the hell is up with not being able to sight and shoot whilst walking/running?

Deleted.

This is your first time in RE-land isn't it?

I played the demo and loved it :)

not to try and start up anything but i can see AB's point but i agree with DM on how he see's the movement scheme.

The biggest complaint i have with RE5 and i'm so suprised that no-one else has brought this up is the new equipment box.

In all RE's i have played your "equipment" box was in a menu that was out of gameplay so you could equip guns, combine first aid sprays and whatever else in the safety of this menu.

Now if i get badly hurt and i'm in the middle of a zombie hoarde you can't do this or you will find yourself dead pretty quickly. I want the old menu style back sothat i'm not going to die when i try to use a first aid spray so that my lack of health doesnt kill me the next time i am hit!

Overall i still thought the game was good and have pre-ordered my copy and looking very forward to this :)

I mentioned the equipment box a while ago :p

They need to bring back the suitcase.

RE doesn't need to feel "realistic" or "get your blood pumping" from the frustrations of trying to navigate a menu in real time, that just ****es you off - It should do it from making the zombies faster and more responsive.

But to be fair, the suitcase would be hard to manage in Co-Op - Which seems to be the whole idea Capcom made RE5 on...

I haven't played a RE game since 2 and 3, but I am bitterly disappointed with this.

pretty damn dissapointed :( the game looks great, but the gameplay doesn't do it for me, stopping to fire at someone, zombies taking 3 shots... bah.

Pretty much sums my opinion up as well.

controls are junk IMO. it may have been "necessary" during the ps1/2 days, but now there's absolutely no reason to have that crap control scheme. I'm glad I played the demo because I definitely won't be buying it. I'm sorry but Japanese developers are really out of touch now.

I liked the RE5 demo. I myself am not a RE Vet and I thought the controls were fine. My roomate who has over 40 completions of RE4 had no complaints about the new inventory system. I don't think it'll be much of a problem since you have pretty much "unlimited" health since Sheva can "revive" you whenever you take too much damage. I'm looking forward to RE5 and having many run throughs once the full game comes out.

I played the demo and loved it. I was still hoping for a revised control scheme where you could move and shoot but I am still going to be buying it when it comes out.

I mentioned the equipment box a while ago :p

They need to bring back the suitcase.

RE doesn't need to feel "realistic" or "get your blood pumping" from the frustrations of trying to navigate a menu in real time, that just ****es you off - It should do it from making the zombies faster and more responsive.

But to be fair, the suitcase would be hard to manage in Co-Op - Which seems to be the whole idea Capcom made RE5 on...

Ah i did skip through some pages quite quickly... although im still suprised that wasnt mentioned as much as the controls!

Although i can see your point and it would make it very annoying to be forced to to "pause" or go to your box because the other player has so i can agree with the reasoning.

It's dissapointing to see so many people dissatisfied with this addition to what i believe is one of the best series of games on consoles.

Maybe i just love the franchise too much to be put off but although i agree with the frustrating controls and can see the need for evolution to step in... i'm happy with them and cannot wait for the game to be released :)

I have played every RE game to date, so I know my way around the control scheme. IMO, the demo wasn't bad because the controls are "classic RE" controls, it was more disappointing than anything. They should definitely change the scheme to allow you to move and shoot at the same time. Other games can do it just fine and still maintain a sense of tension, horror, action, etc. so there really is no excuse.

Dead Space is a fanastic example of what can be done with the right control scheme in a survival horror game. Not once did I feel restricted, and I was almost constantly moving while shooting. And yet, DS was still incredibly scary and tense. Capcom should get their collective heads out of their asses and realize the "classic RE" control scheme is dated and unacceptable.

I won't be buying the game, but I may eventually rent it.

This is your first time in RE-land isn't it?

Actually no it isn't. I used to play RE 1 & 2 on my mates PS.

The controls worked on the old top down 3rd person view, they lent themselves totally to the whole look and feel, and worked really well. The game was a lot slower paced too.

RE5 with the behind 3rd person view just doesn't lend itself to the old control system. It isn't fluid, it's incredibly awkward, and they will not sell as many copies with the way the controls stand as they are.

New view, new faster gameplay needs new controls.