Resident Evil 5 Demo on live!

^ Well considering its the same as RE4, and it sold really well, I wouldn't be so sure it'll flop.

it'll do at least a million that's for sure, but the difference between 1 million and a few million is just sublte tweaks. If you just improve things slightly you could be looking at a mega seller.

Actually, if you check the resident evil 5 new features video, they mentioned that they added gears of war style like controls (running AND shooting). I couldn't find the control scheme in the demo but something to look forward to.

If they have, Capcom redeemed.

As right now the "Mobile Turret" [got that from 1UP yours :laugh:] system does not work.

Can't link the video on my xbox dashborad but it's under the spotlight tab, 3 slides to the right =).

Nice, just watched it (it's on the US Spotlight)

They are called "Action controls", so you have the choice of RE4 classic controls or these new ones (Y)

Told you Capcom know what they're doing :p :heart:

The fanbase know what Capcom should be doing, Capcom thankfully listened :p

But excellent news anyway (Y)

Capcom have already used running and shooting controls in the past like I told you, they didn't need RE* fans to tell them :p

Now I just wish the CE was better here or at least the game was region free so I could import :(

Capcom have already used running and shooting controls in the past like I told you, they didn't need RE* fans to tell them :p

Now I just wish the CE was better here or at least the game was region free so I could import :(

Well, it is region free if uhhhh... ;)

But of course, that would condemn you to buying a multiplatform title on you know what, I think the world would implode?

However there's still a chance it could be region free on the 360, I dunno how strict Capcom have been with past game releases.

Arnt all 360 games region free?

Only some, it's up to the developers.

I dunno what Capcom are like, but EA for example region lock all their 360 games, or pretty much all of them.

This will tell you what games are region free - http://www.abgx.net/filename/?ch=6

Well, it is region free if uhhhh... ;)

But of course, that would condemn you to buying a multiplatform title on you know what, I think the world would implode?

However there's still a chance it could be region free on the 360, I dunno how strict Capcom have been with past game releases.

No chance :p

Afaik all Capcom games so far have been region locked :( At least US/EU versions have been. I don't want Asian packaging :(

I wasn't impressed by the demo.

I loved the old RE games, 1 and 2 specifically. But this is one series where it seems to have gotten worse over the years. Oh well :/

Not overly impressed with the demo either... I forgot how awful the controls were.

Dont like the co-op play either - Having a partner takes away from from the creepy atmosphere.

I liked the last game so i'll probably end up buying it anyway.

Not overly impressed with the demo either... I forgot how awful the controls were.

Dont like the co-op play either - Having a partner takes away from from the creepy atmosphere.

I liked the last game so i'll probably end up buying it anyway.

It's not a survival horror game anymore, it's an action game.

Once you give into that, you'll take the game for what it is...

I just hope new survival horror franchises can be born [Dead Space was a good start, although it's still fairly action based]. SH needs a reboot, or just to go back to the Japanese devs.

Just out of curiosity are these action controls going to be on the retail versions of both (PS/360) games? I'm still waiting for the demo (Euro PS3 demo is tomorrow right?)

I would count on it (Y)

PS3 demo is out Feb 5th

2nd according to the interwebs - http://www.videogaming247.com/2009/01/19/e...for-february-2/

& Sony

On Monday, February 2, 2009, registered PSN users worldwide will be able to download three levels of the survival horror title, offering a range of co-operative options for you to play. Once downloaded, you'll have the chance to enjoy Resident Evil 5 in single player with a computer controlled partner at your side, in two player split screen mode or with an online friend across PSN.

Source: http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news...ration-of-Evil/

I thought PS3 had store updates on Thursdays?

They do, but clearly this is a case of "exclusive" demo fever :p

Meaning most likely the exclusivity runs out tomorrow.

I dont know if I am doing something wrong but I cant get the guns to work at all. They aim like they are going to fire but nothing happens. I tried looking at the controls setup but I cant make out on the screen what the fire button for the guns actually is. I tried pressing different buttons but all I could do is swap guns. Help me please!!!

I dont know if I am doing something wrong but I cant get the guns to work at all. They aim like they are going to fire but nothing happens. I tried looking at the controls setup but I cant make out on the screen what the fire button for the guns actually is. I tried pressing different buttons but all I could do is swap guns. Help me please!!!

Uh, just hold down Left Trigger and hit right trigger to fire... not hard at all, unless you changed your button config.

Uh, just hold down Left Trigger and hit right trigger to fire... not hard at all, unless you changed your button config.

Thanks this helps a ton. For some reason on my tv the instructions for the controls were kind of blurry. I could tell what some of them were due to the colors but aside from that I was clueless.