UT3 "Titan Pack"

Also for anyone who forgot to uninstall their retail copy before activating it on Steam (like me) pop the UT3 disc in and run the uninstaller on there. If you try to uninstall via the control panel it will try to remove your Steam copy. :p

Actually it doesn't, you probably clicked the wrong uninstall button (I nearly did too!) It adds another uninstall icon for the Steam version and leave the existing one there, so it's possible to accidentally remove the wrong one and when you do remove the retail copy, it removes both installer entries :s....ah well, it's not really necessary for Steam anyway :p

Someone on the steam forums has posted the achievements as follows:

Ace - Get the "Top Gun" award in 20 matches.

Arachnophobia - Kill 10 people with spidermines in deathmatch.

Armadillo - Get the "Roadkill" award in 10 matches.

Around the World - Win a multiplayer match on every map.

Avenger - 20 successful retributions against a betrayer.

Bag of Bolts - Complete Chapter 3 in Insane.

Bag of Bones - Deliver 50 skulls in one score in Greed against adept or higher skilled bots.

Behemoth - Become a Behemoth 10 times.

Being a Hero - Return 100 Orbs in Warfare matches.

Big Game Hunter - Get the "Big Game Hunter" award in 10 matches.

Brain Surgeon - Get the "Head Hunter" award in 10 matches.

Can't Be Trusted - Grab 200 points worth of betrayal pots.

Connect the Dots - Complete 100 Warfare matches played to at least 3 points.

Deathwish - Get "Bullseye" (self-destruct to destroy an enemy) award in 20 matches.

Delivering the Hurt - Have over 20 minutes of "UDamage Time".

Does Not Compute - Complete Chapter 3.

Don't Taze Me Bro! - Get the "Combo King" award in 10 matches.

Eradication - Get 100 kills with the Eradicator.

Fear the Reaper - Defeat Akasha and complete the campaign in Insane.

Flag Waver - Completed 100 CTF matches played to at least 3 captures.

Get a Life - Get 200 kills in multiplayer on 50 different days.

Goo God - Get the "Biohazard" award in 10 matches.

Got Your Back - Complete 10 missions in co-op.

Hammerhead - Get the "JackHammer" award in 10 matches.

Hat Trick - Achieve a Hat Trick in 10 CTF or VCTF matches.

Have a Nice Day - Get the "Rocket Scientist" award in 10 matches and "Flak Master" award in 10 matches.

I Need Some Backup - Complete 1 mission in co-op.

I See How It Is - Complete an Instant Action match in every game mode.

I'm Not on a Holy War - Defeat Akasha and complete the campaign.

Jack of All Trades - Kill an enemy with every vehicle (except hoverboard).

Just Business - Complete Chapter 2 in Insane.

Killjoy - End sprees in 20 matches.

Let's Get It On - Complete a multiplayer match in every game type.

Like the Back of My Hand - Collect every power up on every map.

Lock and Load - Complete Chapter 1.

Never Saw It Coming - Have over 20 minutes of "Invisibility Time".

Not in Kansas Anymore - Complete Chapter 4.

Off To a Good Start - Get the "First Blood" award in 40 matches.

Online Champion - Win 500 online matches.

Open War - Complete Chapter 4 in Insane.

Paint the Town Red - Complete 100 Deathmatch or Duel matches played to at least 20 kills.

Pistolero - Get the "Gun Slinger" award in 10 matches.

Seeing Red - Have over 20 minutes of "Berserk Time".

Serial Killer - Get the "Killing Spree" award in 20 matches.

Shard-o-matic - Get the "Blue Streak" award in 10 matches.

Sir Slays-a-Lot - Get the "Monster Kill" award in 20 matches.

Skull Collector - Score 500 skulls in Greed.

Soldier's Blood - Complete Chapter 2.

Spice of Life - Play a match with every mutator, using only 1 per match.

Strongest Link - Get the "Shaft Master" award in 10 matches.

Survival of the Fittest - Have over 10 minutes of "Invulnerable Time".

Thanks To All the Little People - Complete a campaign in co-op.

The Slow Lane - Use the Slow Field power-up for over 10 minutes total.

Thirty Minutes or Less - Complete 100 VCTF matches played to at least 3 captures.

Titanic - Become a titan 20 times.

Unholy - 10 kills with every Titan weapon in one Titan transformation.

Untouchable - Reach 20 kills against a god-like bot in instant action without dying.

The thread they're from is: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=795360

he doesn't give a source (except himself) but they do seem realistic. plus some of them relate to titans and stuff.

I keep trying to buy the game off of steam but I keep getting:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Oh well...

Wow. that UI already looks better. But one thing still bugs me. Why do they STILL insist on the damn sliders? i'd rather have an edit box for the fov and the old style drop down for textures and such like in ut2k4.

Wow. that UI already looks better. But one thing still bugs me. Why do they STILL insist on the damn sliders? i'd rather have an edit box for the fov and the old style drop down for textures and such like in ut2k4.

Agreed, I am glad that they added more options but it still looks exactly like the old menu. :/

I'm tired of sliders and the ugly buttons. :p

And every once in a while when I start up the game, I cringe when it logs into gamespy. :angry:

I've seen UT3 for $20 on both the 360 and PC but can't decide which one to get it on, or if I even want to get it. Suggestions?

1. Yes you want it

2. You want the PC version (two reasons: it's way better with the mouse+keybord and the Xbox version doesn't allow for any custom content (unless come as been released on the Xbox Marketplace, but even if some has it still won't be the same)).

I sort of think they should release a new Retail pack that has all the content of UT3 and then add a heap of additional stuff including more game modes ect. Basically what UT 2004 was to UT2003. That'd probably generate more press and marketing and thus have an easier time getting people's interest and people actually logging into servers IMHO.

Nice to see them supporting the game still...but I do wonder if it'll come off as being a bit too little too late.

Pics of the new upcoming patched menu.

<Snipped>

<Snipped>

Whoa... they've added so many more advanced video options. I'm liking it already! :yes:

This patch will be available for normal retail copies as well? it's not exclusive to Steam is it? I ask as I registered my retail key with Steam and all that but the Steam version of the game crashes all the time, even few seconds it bombs to the desktop :/ my retail copy was rock solid so I think I' gonna ditch the Steam version and go back to normal retail.

This patch will be available for normal retail copies as well? it's not exclusive to Steam is it? I ask as I registered my retail key with Steam and all that but the Steam version of the game crashes all the time, even few seconds it bombs to the desktop :/ my retail copy was rock solid so I think I' gonna ditch the Steam version and go back to normal retail.

Is that even possible?

Currently, they're exactly the same.

Is that even possible?

That's odd. The retail and STEAM versions of Unreal Tournament 3 are virtually identical. Try re-downloading it.

UT3 seems fine now, must of been a weird glitch or something :/ I couldn't even be bothered exiting it to type this :p (using the in-game web browser in Steam - rather useful!)

That's odd. The retail and STEAM versions of Unreal Tournament 3 are virtually identical. Try re-downloading it.

o, i ment go back n forth between the retail and steam

Whoa... they've added so many more advanced video options. I'm liking it already! :yes:

You can edit all of those video options by opening the configuration files.

You can edit all of those video options by opening the configuration files.

As you've always been able to with any UT game. But not everyone would know how to do that. As not all are as good with computers as people around here would be. And besides, just cause users can edit the ini's doesn't mean that method should be the only and forced one.

Ya it would be a little rediculous that they'd make an entire game / advanced 3d engine, but don't bother to make a menu for the .ini settings text file....

Oh wait, they did. :(

every 3d engine in existence will have options that aren't accessibly through the menu. Simply put, 99.99% of users will never really have any need to even look at more than a dozen or two options. maybe they left some important ones out the first time, but thats certainly not a case for throwing everything into the menu. It's not like the menu wasn't there, they've just expanded it a bit.