Bell Expressvu HD Install?

I'm thinking about getting a new HD receiver from here but need some advice. I already have Bell ExpressVu HD installed by Bell with a 6100 receiver.

1. What would I need to do in order to install it?

2. Will I have any issues with Bell ExpressVu if I get a modified receiver

3. I believe the receiver has dual coaxial, so would I need two lines for this. Also, this receiver will be in the basement and replacing a 3100, would I be able to re-use the line.

Only reason I`m getting it from nextcom is because it`s about the same price, but allows me to copy recorded video to PC.

Impatient much?

I don't see what part of that item you posted includes a 9242 receiver. Maybe they just typed the info badly, but you're paying for a mod, not the receiver (that's the way I read it).

No, the receiver comes pre-modded. It wouldn't make much sense to be paying $500 for a mod itself, as the receiver costs at least $400.

Edited by $n!pR

That's what made it hard for me to see the reason for this.

Why do you need to copy recorded material to your PC? The 9242 allows for external hard drives now, if backing up is a factor. And you can play the archived shows directly from the HD on the TV.

As far as I know, you can only connect an external hard drive. You can't actually copy videos from the hard drive. Allowing me to record them to PC means I can burn them to DVD and watch them where ever. There are a lot of HD concerts I like on HDNet, and I'm sure others wouldn't mind watching them as well. Plus those concerts are only available on HDNet.

Ok, I went on the roof and checked what the installer did. I figured out I need a Dual LNBF and a Videopath Multi-switch SW21. I think I`ll just order this from Bell instead.

EDIT: I am now unsure what do to. Does the receiver actually come with the Dual LNBF and switch, or do I need to order it separately. If I order from Bell, I am forced into paying $75 for installation, so I`d end up spending $650 instead of the $500 I had originally planned. I`m kinda stuck on what to do now :wacko:

Edited by $n!pR

I ordered a 6141 (can now be turned into a PVR with external hard drive) from Bell, install is $75 - they already installed the first HD receiver and dish for free. The Bell support person said the receiver didn't come with the dual LNBF and switch. :hmmm: