UFC 100

Also, was it just me, or did Mir not seem 100% in his fight last night? Or was Lesnar just THAT good.

Lesnar is a beast, when he goes towards you its hard to put him down but I just hoped Mir would of done what he did before but sadly this wasn't the case...isn't Randy fighting soon actually against Nog?..

Edit: The UFC next wanted to schedule Nogueira to face Randy Couture, but Couture had to turn down the fight due to elbow surgery in January 2009. Couture later agreed to fight Nogueira at UFC 102 in Portland, OR.

lesnar killed it, i was impressed. He's too good, i bet he'd have a real good chance to beat fedor.

GSP slowly dominated and Bisping getting knocked out was one of the greatest moments in UFC history, ****ing brit can shut his mouth now.

Sooo glad that Bisping got knocked out like that. It was a badarse knockout, too.

I respect Brock for the fighter he is, but his attitude is horrible. He has the mentality of a small child playing teeball. I can't stand him, really. I hope somebody destroys him soon.

Shane Carwin:

“I cannot say I was surprised by anything that night other then Brock’s reaction to beating a very tough Frank Mir. Frank is a legend and a great guy who got out powered not out classed. The sponsor issue, you need to talk to your manager not the fans or Dana. The flipping off of the fans that just lined your pocket with millions of dollars is just LAME. He may be a Champion but he has a long ways to go before he earns the respect of a Champion. The fans are why we do this Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama it is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did last night. It doesn’t matter how much money you make if you can’t earn your peers respect and the respect and love of the greatest sporting fans in the world. We have no scripts in this sport, no pre-determined earning amount and no pre-determined outcomes. It doesn’t matter if you win or loose it matters how you win or loose…. This is the greatest sport int he world and most of the athletes in it deserve the love and respect they get and some just dont get it. From leaving the venue all the way to the Airport I have had fans of the sport ask me to take out Brock Lesnar for them. The thing is I have a very tough fight ahead of me that IMO is every bit as tough and talented as Brock … we are at the top of the HWT division and anyone we fight moving forward is going to be a real test. Cain is nothing short of a super athlete with amazing wrestling and he trains with one of the best camps in the country. I am sure Joe Silva told Cain the same thing he told us, winner gets the title shot. Cain is not looking past me he is looking right at me as the person that is in his way from potentially one of the greatest opportunities of his life and mine. I have said what I have to say about Brock. He will make sure the world knows who he is and what he is all about. I ask that you my fans and the fans of Cain give this fight its due. You would never see two rising undefeated stars put together in Boxing so enjoy this fight. Two warriors with wills to win and the skills to do so are going to show those watching UFC 104 what the future of the sport will look like.”

SOURCE

Now... with a Carwin vs. Velasquez coming up for UFC 104. The winner will get to face Brock for a title shot. Neither of these guys are to be underestimated, they are both very VERY talented. Both are undefeated, Carwin being the bigger of the 2 would be just about on par with Brock in size. He's 6"4 and weighs in at 262lbs.. he's no joke, and he's got a record of 12-0. For those of you that think the HW division is run out of people, think again. I think either of these guys could give Brock a good run.

Damn! I hated Bisping and love Henderson this season on TUF - but that just ain't right.

No it wasn't right, however i believe Henderson is a good guy, and you really can't judge something like that unless you're in that position. You can see in the replay that Dan started his leap just as bisping's head was hitting the canvas, it's instinct with fighters to go for the kill when the opponent is on the ground, i think he probably realized half way thru the punch but it was too late. I don't peg Henderson for a dirty fighter.. he's been around longer then most and has never done anything even questionable IMO.

carwin or valesquez would get murdered by brock, hate him or love him (i like him) he's going to dominated for a while unless fedor comes along.

Shane Carwin:

SOURCE

Now... with a Carwin vs. Velasquez coming up for UFC 104. The winner will get to face Brock for a title shot. Neither of these guys are to be underestimated, they are both very VERY talented. Both are undefeated, Carwin being the bigger of the 2 would be just about on par with Brock in size. He's 6"4 and weighs in at 262lbs.. he's no joke, and he's got a record of 12-0. For those of you that think the HW division is run out of people, think again. I think either of these guys could give Brock a good run.

No it wasn't right, however i believe Henderson is a good guy, and you really can't judge something like that unless you're in that position. You can see in the replay that Dan started his leap just as bisping's head was hitting the canvas, it's instinct with fighters to go for the kill when the opponent is on the ground, i think he probably realized half way thru the punch but it was too late. I don't peg Henderson for a dirty fighter.. he's been around longer then most and has never done anything even questionable IMO.

I agree and I really like Henderson. I am not saying he's a bad guy at all. Even he admitted it was a "statement" to hit him while he was down.

carwin or valesquez would get murdered by brock, hate him or love him (i like him) he's going to dominated for a while unless fedor comes along.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. Usually the big, brute type fighters are solely stand up strikers - basically brawlers. Lesnaer has a legit ground game as well, though, with his (legit) wrestling background.

He's just such a dick!

Imo the only reason he has a "legit" ground game is because of his size. The people he fought just can't get away from him at all once they get on the ground. Mir is a perfect example of that.

Did you notice in the fight at one point Brock was like "okay, I'm not a one trick poney" and tried to stand up with Mir? Then he got caught a little and said screw it, and took it back to the ground. That being said, a person has to use any tools they are given to win and he does that.

Lesnar is a beast, when he goes towards you its hard to put him down but I just hoped Mir would of done what he did before but sadly this wasn't the case...isn't Randy fighting soon actually against Nog?..

Edit: The UFC next wanted to schedule Nogueira to face Randy Couture, but Couture had to turn down the fight due to elbow surgery in January 2009. Couture later agreed to fight Nogueira at UFC 102 in Portland, OR.

I might have to get tickets to that. That's my hometown. :cool:

Edited by trag3dy

Imo the only reason he has a "legit" ground game is because of his size. The people he fought just can't get away from him at all once they get on the ground. Mir is a perfect example of that.

Did you notice in the fight at one point Brock was like "okay, I'm not a one trick poney" and tried to stand up with Mir? Then he got caught a little and said screw it, and took it back to the ground. That being said, a person has to use any tools they are given to win and he does that.

I might have to get tickets to that. That's my hometown. :cool:

He handled Couture, a guy with legendary ground and pound game and Mir who has great ju jitsu. I hate to admit it as well, but he has a solid game. Clearly his size gives him an advantage, but he is no slouch that is for sure.

That said, I want so badly to see Fedor kick his head off his cocky shoulders.

The best moment of the night :D

42135361.gif

Definitely! I was laughing when he through that last punch in

Just saw the Lesnar - Mir fight. ****ing hell Lesnar's a complete prick.

Yeah he is an animal. He is so huge he has his own zipcode. I dont think they have a man large enough to match up with him.

He handled Couture, a guy with legendary ground and pound game and Mir who has great ju jitsu. I hate to admit it as well, but he has a solid game. Clearly his size gives him an advantage, but he is no slouch that is for sure.

Agreed and I should add in that Couture handed Tim Sylvia, big dude in his own right, his ass. So it isn't like Randy has a hard time with big men. Lesnar is a big man, but not just a big man he does have skill too.