Exit Frame removed

ahh yea Redmak wasn't happy I can tell you. but due to complaints we have decided to remove the exit frame, also because one of our affiliates showed us that our ads seem to affect his site's ad campaign.

Instead we have placed an ad in the comments page of a news item. I hope visitors will understand that neowin needs to be able to fund itself and not rely on paypal buttons or donations so I will ask that you give thought to the hours staff and our sponsor put into this site who also receive NO payment for their hard work. In fact I have pointed out a few times that this site has only cost us money, Invision Power Services shelling out the most on bandwidth.

People who joke that they blocked ads and don't care to support Neowin can keep that to themselves because I don't need to hear it. We listen to you guys so how about cutting us some slack?

Good move; clearly neowin needs this - ad blockers really dont help us atall - they arent exactly invasive, and you never know you might actually see something useful / interesting on them...

what exit frame?

When you clicked on a link on the News sections, it would put the domain names outside of Neowin into a frame. Neowin would be the top frame, the bottom frame would be the outside site. In the top frame would be a banner ad for Neowin, along with a link to return to Neowin.

When you clicked on a link on the News sections, it would put the domain names outside of Neowin into a frame. Neowin would be the top frame, the bottom frame would be the outside site. In the top frame would be a banner ad for Neowin, along with a link to return to Neowin.

oh that

i actually liked that, what was teh reason to remove it

oh that

i actually liked that, what was teh reason to remove it

too many people complained and some of nw's affiliates's were affected by the ads.. :) personally i dont mind either way... :|

/me want neowin :p :D

I've said it in another thread but: thanks for listening and removing the exit framer. I'll take ads on comment pages over that exit.php thing anyday. :)