Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe

This is only an issue because it draws attention away from the apparent failures of the Obama administrations proposed stimulus plan. Few American really gives 2 cents about someone smoking pot. Bill Clinton, George W Bush and Barak Obama have all admitted to drug use but no one seemed to care about that. This is only a diversionary tactic put in place by the liberal media because public support for the stimulus plan is on a rapid decline.

This is only an issue because it draws attention away from the apparent failures of the Obama administrations proposed stimulus plan. Few American really gives 2 cents about someone smoking pot. Bill Clinton, George W Bush and Barak Obama have all admitted to drug use but no one seemed to care about that. This is only a diversionary tactic put in place by the liberal media because public support for the stimulus plan is on a rapid decline.

Wow, do you watch FOX News alot?

I could personally careless if Clinton, Bush or Obama smoked a little weed back in the day. I may feel that weed should remain illegal etc, but if someone smokes it I won't belittle them or go nuts on them for it. On the other hand, the picture with Phelps was unfortunetly made very public, and he was forced to admit to it etc. That is enough "punishment" so to speak. Him losing his sponsers or being suspended is retarded, considering that "hollywood" actors do crack and coke and they get paid $25M a flick and everyone loves them. It's a double standard. Either way, he should have used more common sense at the time, but I won't put him down for it continually. No, he shouldn't have smoked pot, no he shouldn't have used a bong. But he did, and it's over and done with, and people should stop freaking out over it. Oh, and they aren't freaking out because of the liberal media.

If your favorite show on TV the O'Reily Factor by any chance? :D

Yeah, after seeing him win all those medals, I KNEW, Phelps had to be a stoner. Only thing that could explain it. :rolleyes:

Your whole post is spot on. For some dumbass reason, society upholds atheletes to some ultra-high standard. Most drugs don't really enhance performance very much. Its generally all about skill, will and determination. Pot is a banned substance in international competition. I used to have to consent to taking a **** test when I raced bikes and I wasn't even state or national PRO ranked (pot was also banned at my level... they even listed everything). All the performance enhancers that are banned from competition, come at a serious risk to the athletes (part of the reason they're also banned). But, pot has no benefits. Even if it did, you'd have to toke right before the competition. Months of toking up are not going to make a better athlete.

AFAIC, for sports: I think you have to be more dedicated to doing the drugs than you do the sport. . I've seen enough drug use in sports to say that the people doing the drugs were the slackers, ill motivated to put the hours in.

Food for thought: Ever wonder what would happen, if O'Reily was himself busted for using drugs or something illegal?

Wow, do you watch FOX News alot?

I could personally careless if Clinton, Bush or Obama smoked a little weed back in the day. I may feel that weed should remain illegal etc, but if someone smokes it I won't belittle them or go nuts on them for it. On the other hand, the picture with Phelps was unfortunetly made very public, and he was forced to admit to it etc. That is enough "punishment" so to speak. Him losing his sponsers or being suspended is retarded, considering that "hollywood" actors do crack and coke and they get paid $25M a flick and everyone loves them. It's a double standard. Either way, he should have used more common sense at the time, but I won't put him down for it continually. No, he shouldn't have smoked pot, no he shouldn't have used a bong. But he did, and it's over and done with, and people should stop freaking out over it. Oh, and they aren't freaking out because of the liberal media.

If your favorite show on TV the O'Reily Factor by any chance? :D

I watch all the news networks and form my own opinion. I think that the government is getting too involved in people's personal lives and it needs to stop. Ronald Regan once said something to the effect of "Government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem". Prosecuting victimless crimes like pot smoking infringe upon our basic rights.

And just remember, a government that is powerful enough to give you what you need is powerful enough to take it all away.