• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Cable splitting for my TV tuner - Is this what I need?

+Mystic    10

Here is the splitter I will be using.

This is the cable I'm considering purchasing, actually I will need two of them one for the splitter and one for the TV tuner.

Is that everything I need or can I go someplace else to find what I need cheaper?

jerzdawg    338
Here is the splitter I will be using.

This is the cable I'm considering purchasing, actually I will need two of them one for the splitter and one for the TV tuner.

Is that everything I need or can I go someplace else to find what I need cheaper?

yes.. that is all you need... those items seem pretty cheap so not sure if you can find them cheaper... any walmart, radioshack, etc will have similar items...

edit - i did just remember that you dont want to go too cheap on the splitter... i remember a cable guy replacing an old one in my house and he said that it was the main reason for poor reception on one of my TVs..

Edited by jerzdawg

Biotoxic_hazard_835    151

+1 do not buy cheap components or cable it will afect the quality of your signal.

+Mystic    10

Well the splitter should be here shortly but the coax cable won't be here until next week (thanks Amazon). I'll have an update next week for everybody to see how it goes with the splitter. If something doesn't seem right, I have a buddy who has a decent splitter, so I'll see if his works any better.

I am Reid    45

The guy from the cable company will have no problem cutting a custom cable for you, or even giving you some quality spliters, at least mine wont. Its all part of your service, so it shouldnt cost you anything.

+Mystic    10
The guy from the cable company will have no problem cutting a custom cable for you, or even giving you some quality spliters, at least mine wont. Its all part of your service, so it shouldnt cost you anything.

As I said above, I'm currently at college and in a dorm room so I'm not so sure about custom anything. :p

+Mystic    10

Hmm so I can't make up my mind if the quality of the signal has gone down since putting in the splitter. Can't decide what I should do...