Microsoft QMgr

Hi !

Ever since loading the newest version of the MSN messenger (which still sux) ... version 3.6.0039, there is a new program which wants to connect through my zone alarm firewall - called - Microsoft QMgr located in C:WindowsLoadQM.EXE (file size 7.54kb) ...

I've denied it permission to connect when my modem connects.. and there are no trouble so far... but does anyone know what this is ???

Neat to be here & postin :) this is a cool site :)

Tai:D

Loadqm is a quite simple program that lets the "community" of MSN users know when you are online. It or it's sister files also check to see if you have new mail, if your buddies are on, etc... It's quite simple really, but it will hog bandwidth if you have a slow connection like dsl or slower. With t3 connection I experience no slowdown, but using Microsoft IE 5 and MSN Explorer together (again they are seperate Microsoft divisions,) may cause a traffic jam of miscommunication and generally freeze up your computer at the slightest resistance. The solution? Don't delete it, but watch for piggyback files that may come in uninvited. Use MSN or IE or both at your own risk... and if you are afraid information being stolen from your computer, (face it, if they want it they get it,) just use a firewall.