Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live

A warning would have been better but I do agree with no need for having that in your profile.

Question: Who cares if you are gay or not?

Answer: gays and lesbians.

For some reason it gets used as a fashion statement for many gays and lesbians and I for one do not need to know if you are or not.

I also agree theres no need for that in the profile, BUT same should go for

• age (do we really care how old someone is)
  • location (again, do we need to know where they are, unless we want to do something to them)
  • contact info (SPAMMERS!)
  • "about me" (meh...)

So, not only the sexual orention, but anything in the profile, even the profile it self counts as "not needed"

I also agree theres no need for that in the profile, BUT same should go for

• age (do we really care how old someone is)
  • location (again, do we need to know where they are, unless we want to do something to them)
  • contact info (SPAMMERS!)
  • "about me" (meh...)

So, not only the sexual orention, but anything in the profile, even the profile it self counts as "not needed"

Age: Yes. People like to play against the same kind of age gamers.

Location: Yes. I myself like playing against English or Welsh gamers.

Contact Info: No

About Me: Debatable. Sometimes it is good to know your gamer friend has the same interests as you or has a family so is a family guy/girl meaning that their play is usually more friendly.

Sexual Orientation: Un-needed in ANY case. Unless gays only want to play with other gays (no pun intended) in which case there are groups for that kind of thing. Demonstrating your sexual orientation on a profile or elsewhere IS offensive.

Age: Yes. People like to play against the same kind of age gamers.

Location: Yes. I myself like playing against English or Welsh gamers.

Contact Info: No

About Me: Debatable. Sometimes it is good to know your gamer friend has the same interests as you or has a family so is a family guy/girl meaning that their play is usually more friendly.

Sexual Orientation: Un-needed in ANY case. Unless gays only want to play with other gays (no pun intended) in which case there are groups for that kind of thing. Demonstrating your sexual orientation on a profile or elsewhere IS offensive.

Its only offensive if you make it that way. If you be mature about it and don't make a huge deal that some one is gay, then theres no problem

No, it is offensive full stop. I don't put on my profile i like having sex with women because its offensive. When you state you are a lesbian or a gay you are telling everybody your sexual preference.

And for the record, Yes i do have a problem with it. I am very mature but i am 100% against the whole gay community and i am happy to admit that.

I should also note that i do have gay friends btw. Even they curb themselves when around me for my benefit (and others) so i am not against gay people i am against being gay. They appreciate that and do what they can to not rub it in my face.

The problem is not in me or anybody else making a huge deal that someone is gay. Its about having the fact they are gay shouted at to you when you don't need to know about it.

Edited by karma

Nope, but if you had in your signature "I am not gay" it may be.

I will say again, I am not against gay people but i dont want to know who you like to have sex with. That is offensive whether you are gay or straight.

No, it is offensive full stop. I don't put on my profile i like having sex with women because its offensive. When you state you are a lesbian or a gay you are telling everybody your sexual preference.

That's pathetic. I mean come on, the about me section is there to tell people about yourself, so if you're being punished for telling people about you then that is outrageous.

And for the record, Yes i do have a problem with it. I am very mature but i am 100% against the whole gay community and i am happy to admit that.

You may want to re-word this:

I will say again, I am not against gay people but i dont want to know who you like to have sex with. That is offensive whether you are gay or straight.

And also you say:

I should also note that i do have gay friends btw. Even they curb themselves when around me for my benefit (and others) so i am not against gay people i am against being gay. They appreciate that and do what they can to not rub it in my face.

Why don't you curb yourself so they can act how they wan't to act naturally, you're lucky you have friends who don't take you offensively, that's if they don't.

Im doubtfull that this is the only reason she was banned. Im guessing there was more to it. maybe she was using the fact she is lesbian as a threat to others. I.e, if i dont win or if you shoot me in this game, im reporting you for shooting me because im lesbian.

Im guessing the occasions where "people chased her down", she forgot to add its likely she was playing a war game and likely being chased by the opposite site, as the game should be. You would probably find that her fellow team mates where also being chased or something.

To be honest, it really is hard to make a proper judgement, without more information. Maybe if MS could release the reason for the ban and the reasons surrounding the buildup to it. However, i really doubt MS give two hoots about this woman. Its likely just another banned member, who is upset at the ban. If they thought their "case" against her publicly, they would then need to do so for all other banned members who start to moan.

Why don't you curb yourself so they can act how they wan't to act naturally, you're lucky you have friends who don't take you offensively, that's if they don't.

Why should I curb myself? I have a problem with it!! They understand and they are gay so why dont you?

They don't have a problem with me having a problem with it so they understand and choose to not waft it in my face. If we are in a club etc then fine go off and be yourself but when you are in the small company of others you act accordingly and that is what they do.

I don't need to reword anything. I have my opinion and that is as valid as yours.

Bear in mind also that I was friends with these people years before they came out as gay (although we knew) so maybe a long term friendship helps my particular situation but isn't the point im trying to make.

Telling anybody what your sexual preferences are is offensive regardless of being straight or gay.

So you would be offended constantly if you lived and/or worked in Brighton. All those open gays and lesbians everywhere, kissing and cudling and dressing the way they do.

You say your not against gay people, but then you also stipulate that you dont want to know when people are gay. Tough. People are openly gay in the UK IRL, so why shouldnt they be open about their sexuality on line?

It does remind me of a certain member back when i first joined Neowin, who posted a picture of themselves and then got pretty much chased out of Neowin, because of their sexuality. That was a sad day, but something that i dont think would be aloud to happen again today on Neowin.

Quite honestly mate, if you dislike the fact someone puts something like that in their signature, then you need to get out more.

So putting it under the dotted line makes it offensive?

Why should i curb myself? I have a problem with it!! They understand and they are gay so why dont you?

They dont have a problem with me having a problem with it so they understand and choose to not waft it in my face. If we are ina club etc then fine go off and be yourself but when you are in the small company of others you act accordingly and that is what they do.

I can see what your saying about being at work. If it is inappropriate for straight people to kiss and show effection (unprofessional) then it should be for gays and lesbians too.

However, outside of work is a different matter. They should be aloud to express themselves as others do.

Why should i curb myself? I have a problem with it!! They understand and they are gay so why dont you?

They dont have a problem with me having a problem with it so they understand and choose to not waft it in my face. If we are ina club etc then fine go off and be yourself but when you are in the small company of others you act accordingly and that is what they do.

Wow. You should curb yourself for the same reason they curb themselves. I mean after all, they may be pretty damn offended by you expressing your hate against the gay community.

And yes, if they're showing affection at work (which I didn't see you write, I just saw ''in the small company of others'') then that's NOT rubbing it in your face, it's unproffesional.

Also, what do you class ''rubbing it in your face''.

So you would be offended constantly if you lived and/or worked in Brighton. All those open gays and lesbians everywhere, kissing and cudling and dressing the way they do.

You say your not against gay people, but then you also stipulate that you dont want to know when people are gay. Tough. People are openly gay in the UK IRL, so why shouldnt they be open about their sexuality on line?

It does remind me of a certain member back when i first joined Neowin, who posted a picture of themselves and then got pretty much chased out of Neowin, because of their sexuality. That was a sad day, but something that i dont think would be aloud to happen again today on Neowin.

Quite honestly mate, if you dislike the fact someone puts something like that in their signature, then you need to get out more.

Yes I would be offended. I can't help my feelings towards this and I am entitled to my opinion.

So putting it under the dotted line makes it offensive?

Yes because you are shouting out what your sexuality is. That's the point. I don't want to know!!

I can see what your saying about being at work. If it is inappropriate for straight people to kiss and show effection (unprofessional) then it should be for gays and lesbians too.

However, outside of work is a different matter. They should be aloud to express themselves as others do.

Look, I don't control my friends. They choose to do that because they understand me and we have had long talks about this trust me.

Wow. You should curb yourself for the same reason they curb themselves. I mean after all, they may be pretty damn offended by you expressing your hate against the gay community.

I do curb myself by not shouting out i like sex with women. And for the record i do not hate the gay community. I disagree with being gay. There is a HUGE difference.

I do curb myself by not shouting out i like sex with women. And for the record i do not hate the gay community. I disagree with being gay. There is a HUGE difference.

Is there really that much difference between being 100% against the gay community and hating it?

Also, if you say restricting yourself from shouting ''I like sex with women'' curbing yourself then meh, I mean, do straight people naturally shout that out or are they all curbing themselves?

Anyway, an on topic thought - maybe the woman put that she was a lesbian on her profile so guys won't harrass her with messages - which has happened before.

Ok, Example....

We are in the local pub (not a gay bar) and i am not with my gay friends. A fit girl comes in and a frind turns to me and says " phwoar look at her" i reply "phwoar yeah".

We are in the local pub (not a gay bar) and i am with my gay friends. A fit girl comes in and a friend turns to me and nudges toward her and i acknowledge with a wink back.

And yes there is a huge difference. I am against the gay sex but not against the gays.

And yes ok, Back on topic: Yes maybe they removed her as it could cause a conflict and MS are trying desperately to clear any situation up.

(not a gay bar) makes me laugh, are you that insecure that you have to keep reminding everyone that you arent gay, you have the problem not your friends, if i were them id tell you get piddle off.

No, actually i was referencing that because if we were in a gaybar then they would freely do exactly what they wanted and i wouldnt think twice about it. I was referencing it for the fact that we were not in a gaybar. Gaybars were built for a reason no?

Think before you post next time.

(not a gay bar) makes me laugh, are you that insecure that you have to keep reminding everyone that you arent gay, you have the problem not your friends, if i were them id tell you get piddle off.

+1

Karma, that example was rediculous.

No, actually i was referencing that because if we were in a gaybar then they would freely do exactly what they wanted and i wouldnt think twice about it. I was referencing it for the fact that we were not in a gaybar. Gaybars were built for a reason no?

They're free to do what they want anyway, they don't have to be in a gay bar to do so.

They're free to do what they want anyway, they don't have to be in a gay bar to do so.

I disagree. Just cos my opinion isn't the same as yours it doesn't make me an ogre

Yeah so gay people could go somewhere without getting discriminated against, abused, leered at, etc.. they shouldnt have to go to a gay bar to be themselves.

I disagree. Just cos my opinion isn't the same as yours it doesn't make me an ogre

Never said it made you an ogre. Seems like you're trying to take away their human rights, damn I'd hate to see you with power.

Yeah so gay people could go somewhere without getting discriminated against, abused, leered at, etc.. they shouldnt have to go to a gay bar to be themselves.

Yes they should!

They funny thing is..You guys have spent the last however many posts bashing me for not agreeing with being gay. My sexual preference is straight so you are discriminating against me in the same way that you say i am discriminating against gays.

This is the reason MS doesnt want anybody stating their preferences and the exact reason she was banned.

Look, I don't control my friends. They choose to do that because they understand me and we have had long talks about this trust me.

Im not talking about your friends. Im talking about the general gay population.

I have a few gay and lesbian friends, and you know what... it does not bother me one bit. THey go out with me for a night drinking and kiss each other etc and i could care less. If i am aloud to do it as a straight person, then why should they be any different.

You live in the UK mate, not some backward community who think its the devils work to be gay or lesbian!

Its almost like saying you want black people to paint themselves white because it offends you to see a black man doing a white persons work!

Im not talking about your friends. Im talking about the general gay population.

I have a few gay and lesbian friends, and you know what... it does not bother me one bit. THey go out with me for a night drinking and kiss each other etc and i could care less. If i am aloud to do it as a straight person, then why should they be any different.

You live in the UK mate, not some backward community who think its the devils work to be gay or lesbian!

Its almost like saying you want black people to paint themselves white because it offends you to see a black man doing a white persons work!

Now thats ridiculous mate. Being black isn't offensive at all. But telling me that you want sex with other men IS.

It is not even do with being gay. Telling somebody who you like having sex with is offensive.