Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live

Yes they should!

They funny thing is..You guys have spent the last however many posts bashing me for not agreeing with being gay. My sexual preference is straight so you are discriminating against me in the same way that you say i am discriminating against gays.

This is the reason MS doesnt want anybody stating their preferences and the exact reason she was banned.

How are we discrimintaing against you in the same way? We are not saying you should only go to straight bars, you are able to go to a gay bar if you wish. You however are saying that gays and lesbians should ONLY be aloud in the bars made specifically for them.

Yes they should!

No.

They funny thing is..You guys have spent the last however many posts bashing me for not agreeing with being gay. My sexual preference is straight so you are discriminating against me in the same way that you say i am discriminating against gays.

Because you're being very homophobic.

This is the reason MS doesnt want anybody stating their preferences and the exact reason she was banned.

The reason she got banned could easily be because of people like you reporting her for ''offensive'' content.

Now thats ridiculous mate. Being black isn't offensive at all. But telling me that you want sex with other men IS.

It is not even do with being gay. Telling somebody who you like having sex with is offensive.

No its not. You tell a gay person you pulled a lovely looking bird last night is obviously going to be offensive to them too by your reasoning.

Really mate, your not really giving a fair argument.

Yes they should!

No they shouldnt?

You are the exact reason these places exist, they cant be themselves around you and have to curb themselves when in a regular bar, what staggers me is that you think they SHOULD have to go to a gay bar just so they dont offend you.

No ones discriminating against you, you dont have to hide who you are around anyone and can be who you want to be in any regular or gay bar, what people are bashing you for is the fact that you treat your gay friends as second class citizens that they have to not be who they are around you just in case you get offended, can you not see how bloody ridiculous that sounds. But then again you are straight you have no idea what it is to be gay.

How are we discrimintaing against you in the same way? We are not saying you should only go to straight bars, you are able to go to a gay bar if you wish. You however are saying that gays and lesbians should ONLY be aloud in the bars made specifically for them.

No i am saying that if they want to be gay with each other they should do it in a gay bar which they were built for.

I would never start smooching with my wife in the middle of my friends in a pub.

1: Its rude

2: Its offensive

These are the points im trying to make. Im not bashing gays im simply stating i do not want to know if you are gay or not.

The reason she could as easily been because of people like you reporting her for ''offensive'' content.

Meh, i think there is more to the story than her simply putting that. She may have been using it as a mechanism for trying to control others, by saying they are being discriminative when they play the game and shoot her, just because she sucks at the game :p

No i am saying that if they want to be gay with each other they should do it in a gay bar which they were built for.

I would never start smooching with my wife in the middle of my friends in a pub.

These are the points im trying to make. Im not bashing gays im simply stating i do not want to know if you are gay or not.

It's not rude or offensive :s It's what husband and wife do for crying out loud and no one would frown at you for doing so! :s

Meh, i think there is more to the story than her simply putting that. She may have been using it as a mechanism for trying to control others, by saying they are being discriminative when they play the game and shoot her, just because she sucks at the game :p

I can't see that being true, but hey, I don't know what it's like to be a lesbian on xbox live :rofl:

I forgot it was possible to make out with people over Xbox Live.

Damn I've been missing out.

what people are bashing you for is the fact that you treat your gay friends as second class citizens that they have to not be who they are around you just in case you get offended.

I do not treat anybody as a second class citizen and i always act appropriately in anybodies company. If my friends chose to kiss in front of me then i would merely turn away and try my best not to make it known to them as they are my friends.

I find it offensive, im not sorry for that. I don't hate gays i just dont like knowing.

Somebody is actually gonna get the point soon.........Maybe

Your wrong. Go to a bar with young people and they will be smooching, expecially if you go to a club. So why should gay people refraing from doing the same? Give me a good reason other than "i dont like it, it makes me sad". Thats not acceptiable in todays day and age mate.

The ONLY time its rude or offensive is if your in the middle of a conversationa nd you start kissing your wife.

Personally, if i go on a night out with my wife, have a few drinks, get on the dance floor, we have a good old sloppy kiss sometimes. Depending on the mood.

Perhaps i should refrain from kissing, because it upsets you. The ONLY time it would become unacceptiable is if it became law. The only law i know of that does not allow physical contact/emotion towards the opposite or same sex, is under Shia law, whic, so far, the UK is not being policed under.

Lol, IRL the example was meant for but i see the point you are making. The fact she was stating she was a lesbian was basically telling people i like sex with other women. This is something you dont need to know which is the reason i think she was banned

Login, hook up and lets get smooching you ol softy! Im not gay, but hell i'll kiss another guy, just to prove a point :p

I do not treat anybody as a second class citizen and i always act appropriately in anybodies company. If my friends chose to kiss in front of me then i would merely turn away and try my best not to make it known to them as they are my friends.

I find it offensive, im not sorry for that. I don't hate gays i just dont like knowing.

Somebody is actually gonna get the point soon.........Maybe

Im not on about how YOU act, im on about how YOU think that gay people should HAVE to go to gay bars just so they dont have to hide everything from you.

No one is bashing you because you dont like the act.

Doesn't matter what or why it is. There's a place and time for everything, on a game community of all ages this obviously wasn't one so just swallow it and get on with life and hopefully their lapse in judgment doesn't get them banned again.

Lol, IRL the example was meant for but i see the point you are making. The fact she was stating she was a lesbian was basically telling people i like sex with other women. This is something you dont need to know which is the reason i think she was banned

But she didn't say it, did she? You say you're not offended by gay people, only when you're told who they like to have sex with. So how can you accept a gay friend when you know they're not going to have sex with someone of the opposite gender, hmm?

I believe you can speak to other users on X-Box live right? Under your ideals, if you where talking to a guy and they suddenly said, gotta go, going clubing tonight down at the blue oyster bar and gonna get me a man, you would report them for being gay and for not pre-warning you in their sig that they where that way.

So you basically are saying that gay and lesbians should not be aloud to have the same rights online or IRL as straight people. Pretty much how black people where not aloud the same rights as whites before...

I dont think she intended for it to be offensive or in a malicious way, i think its just the fact that people like karma who doesnt like gays shes just standing up to them by putting it in plain view that she is a lesbian.

But she didn't say it, did she? You say you're not offended by gay people, only when you're told who they like to have sex with. So how can you accept a gay friend when you know they're not going to have sex with someone of the opposite gender, hmm?

Damn, somebody will understand soon... I don't accept them!! There is nothing to accept. They are my friends and that is all there is to it. I don't look at them and think anything to do with sexuality.

I believe you can speak to other users on X-Box live right? Under your ideals, if you where talking to a guy and they suddenly said, gotta go, going clubing tonight down at the blue oyster bar and gonna get me a man, you would report them for being gay and for not pre-warning you in their sig that they where that way.

So you basically are saying that gay and lesbians should not be aloud to have the same rights online or IRL as straight people. Pretty much how black people where not aloud the same rights as whites before...

Depends, i could handle them saying that and wouldnt entertain reporting anything but that could EASILY spark a bashing online which MS dont want.

I dont think she intended for it to be offensive or in a malicious way, i think its just the fact that people like karma who doesnt like gays shes just standing up to them by putting it in plain view that she is a lesbian.

Thats the thing..They dont do it to stand up to people like "me" they do it to shout out that they are gay. Thats what gay people do. If you are gay then fine be gay. I dont need to know if you are or not.

Especially when playing a game :s Would i choose not to have her on my team cos she was a lesbian? No, unless she was a poor player of course. Being gay is not an issue, shouting out you are IS

Thats the thing..They dont do it to stand up to people like "me" they do it to shout out that they are gay. Thats what gay people do.

Im gay, has anything ive said in this thread gave you any clue to my sexuality......no.

I dont shout about it but when people like you try and justify it to yourself it annoys me, the exact same reason she does it because people like you make her angry so she feels she needs to state what sexuality she is in defiance.

So shout about it, thats what "we" do, just shot that down in flames, come up with another excuse.

Im gay, has anything ive said in this thread gave you any clue to my sexuality......no.

I dont shout about it but when people like you try and justify it to yourself it annoys me, the exact same reason she does it because people like you make her angry so she feels she needs to state what sexuality she is in defiance.

That is not what it is at all and you know it. The fact that you are angry with me for not liking the gay factor says a lot. Because you agree with it i should? Hell no.

I have my opinion and i find it offensive the same as you find it offensive that i have a problem with it. The days of gay bashing are pretty much behind most of us in the world. Get over it and get on with your lives. You do not have to make a statement that you are gay. Just be who you are.

Rich, Rich, Rich... Stop talking! LOL

He he :rofl:

Im gay, has anything ive said in this thread gave you any clue to my sexuality

Lol. You homosexuals and your homosexual typing! Away with you! You disgust me! :rofl:

In case you take offense... im joking.

Im not angry with anyone, i respect your opinion that you dont like gay people and you have the right to shout about it wherever you want, what annoyed me is that you said gay people should have to go to a gay bar to be themselves and in all other instances hide it.

I seem to remember this sort of discrimination against black people, black only bars, black only drinking fountains, black only toilets, etc..

Lol. You homosexuals and your homosexual typing! Away with you! You disgust me! :rofl:

In case you take offense... im joking.

Haha i dont care either way, made me laugh out loud.

Im not angry with anyone, i respect your opinion that you dont like gay people and you have the right to shout about it wherever you want, what annoyed me is that you said gay people should have to go to a gay bar to be themselves and in all other instances hide it.

I seem to remember this sort of discrimination against black people, black only bars, black only drinking fountains, black only toilets, etc..

Haha i dont care either way, made me laugh out loud.

Ok but let me explain that.

I truly am sorry if i offended you with that btw, my intention was not to offend anybody.

The reason i say that they should kiss etc in gay bars is because i would find it offending. If a straight couple kiss i find it offending in the same way. Thats the way i was brought up. I would not bash you for doing so but i would be offended.

My question to you would be do you like offending people? Your answer will be i shouldnt have to worry about offending but my answer would be well...It does.

Not bashing at all. It makes me very uncomfortable to see that going on and therefore is not fair on me just as much as its not fair on you to not do so correct? Gaybars are for this and if i ever went to one (which i did on my stag do) then i would expect to see this going on.

Personally I don't think there's more to the story at all and that you're all overanalyzing.

The Xbox Live terms clearly state that:

You agree that we may also discontinue your access to the Service if you do any of the following while connected to the Service:

[...]

* Create a Gamertag, avatar or use text in other profile fields that may offend other members. This includes comments that look, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate or relate to any of the following: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature [...]

There's a time and place for everything.