DirtyLarry is switching sides

DirtyLarry (Larry Cooney Jr.) has decided to move from the moderator team over to news team, and as of today he will be heading up the revival of the gaming news section as our "Senior Gaming Analyst" ... Larry has been on staff for a long time and has been a contributor to the news for a while. He was at CES this last year and has also attended other events on behalf of the news team.

Larry, along with ynnoj and a few other yet-to-be-hired gaming newsies (coming soon) are going to be jumpstarting our gamers news area. Larry and ynnoj are going to be producing a Neowincast Gamers Edition to complement the news cast that Chris (bangbang023) and Rob are already doing.

Who is this larry character, I have heard of him mentioned previously .. DLNJ FTW :p

'grats m8

This is all well and good, but how is DirtyLarry supposed to get anything done now that Killzone 2 is out? :p

A valid concern ;)

I hope this does happen. Gaming news has taken a fair dive since I first joined.

We hope to change that. :)

DirtyLarry (Larry Cooney Jr.) has decided to move from the moderator team over to news team, and as of today he will be heading up the revival of the gaming news section as our "Senior Gaming Analyst" ... Larry has been on staff for a long time and has been a contributor to the news for a while. He was at CES this last year and has also attended other events on behalf of the news team.

Larry, along with ynnoj and a few other yet-to-be-hired gaming newsies (coming soon) are going to be jumpstarting our gamers news area. Larry and ynnoj are going to be producing a Neowincast Gamers Edition to complement the news cast that Chris (bangbang023) and Rob are already doing.

Good decision, i always thought he'd fit right into a gaming newsie for Neowin.

Awesome :D Larry's XCM (?) adaptor review got spread around the web.

But does this mean no more moderation from Larry? Guess he deserves his retirement after the last few years LOL.

Awesome :D Larry's XCM (?) adaptor review got spread around the web.

But does this mean no more moderation from Larry? Guess he deserves his retirement after the last few years LOL.

There's still gigglypickles to keep GH in order. :p

Woo! *waves sparklers in the air*

Larry told me he wanted to be "Overlord of the Interwebs" but apparently Neowin doesn't have that badge currently. :p

Administrator

He said it wasn't good enough, he wanted pink with stars and rainbows.

Overlordofinterwebs.png

:rofl:

That badge reminds me of that loozr one that was on Neowin ages back.

Corris that's almost as pretty as something you'd find in Noby Noby Boy :laugh:

Noby Noby Boy should be what all games are measured against visually. :p

I'm looking forward to working with Larry and the new, yet-to-be-named ( ;) ) gaming news staff.

Zomg tell us ya? :D

And hows the setting up of the Gaming podcast?

I've wanted to do one for ages, Id offer to help but currently have no mic and in this house it wouldn't be quiet enough to be on one either. :'(

I have every bit of faith in DL and Jonny for this position.

DL has been nothing but a shining example of how a Mod is supposed to be and has done his job outstandingly well and I have every bit of confidence in him acing this job as well (Y)

Congrats mate :)

Zomg tell us ya? :D

And hows the setting up of the Gaming podcast?

I've wanted to do one for ages, Id offer to help but currently have no mic and in this house it wouldn't be quiet enough to be on one either. :'(

We're hoping to get something recorded next week. Whether or not that actually happens depends on a few things, but I'm sure we'll keep you in the loop.

We want to find our feet before we open up the guests seats. But rest assured there will be room for more people on the podcast once we've established ourselves. It's very much part of our plans.