Would a "BOT" be good or bad for Neowin?

what do you all think? could it benefit us at all? i don't really know what purpose they server, i haven't seen many in my computer experience over the years. just want to know what exactly they are used for and if we could ever have a need for one here.

Jon, I think he's talking about a bot as mod/admin on a forum. :p

Supersaiyajin2gogietto, I think there is no need for a admin/mod bot and I don't really see a possibility of us ever needing one.

the one i saw was here, and it's probably coincedence it happened to be a mod/admin:

Admin/Mod BOT

and i wasn't necessarily saying if we had one it should be an admin or a mod. i thought maybe it'd be a good idea to have one that could help us out with basic site related faqs (like this section for the boards, only it'd be a like it was a member).

we could set one up as a normal member for example, and it'd save some time by it knowing the basics of the site and it could always be online and around for help and guidance.

so i guess what i'm trying to say is it could be a 24/7 mod or something, and could just be a normal registered member always around for help and assistance and would know all the stuff that's always brought up and you could go to it for your problems.

The current mods we have are enough, there's absolutely no shortage. Also, Since mods are all in different time zones, there's atleast a mod or 2 online at all times, and any mod will help you if you PM them. Either ways, I think our forums are quite user-friendly to browse around ;)

wow, bring up a topic that somewhat threatens a mod's "job" security and look at the response you get! hahaha

I know! I don't want to lose my job here! I have a family to support!

I don't think the bot would do a very good job as an mod anyways, it takes either alot of time conversating with it, or reprogramming the AIML files for it to work the best. I just have it on my site as a novelty. :D

And as timdorr said, it would slow neowin down..

What do you need a bot for? You already got a Keldyn. Sheesh!

The fro says NO! :fro:

:rofl: Yea, we already agot a keldyn...no need for a bot after having one of those.... :rofl:

:o Keldyn's a bot? :blink:

well that explains almost 10,000 posts than! :rofl: how else can that be done! :laugh:

seriously though, this :fro: is cool with the current staff the way it is. (Y) ;)

i just thought i'd pass along an idea to the community and see how others felt about it. :rolleyes:

yea, i figured i'd put a scare in security of the mods, most of the first replies were mods! :D

nah... the admins/mods do a very good job! :)

Keldyn is a top secret bot designed by Timd0rr... i have this info because i am a NeoAgent! :p :D