Mac Mini and iMac Product Part Numbers? Available Tomorrow?

Hardmac posts what it claims are the product numbers and rough descriptions of the iMac and Mac mini which are expected to be released tomorrow:

The new iMac models and their corresponding references:

- MB417: Entry level model

- MB418: "Mass market" model

- MB419: high-end model

- MB420: ultimate model

The entry level model should come with a 20" display, while the three other models will feature a 24" panel.

For the Mac mini, the references are the following:

- MB463: entry-level model

- MB464 high-end model

They cite a "reliable" source that has told them that both models will become available tomorrow. HardMac.com is the english counterpart to MacBidouille and are generally considered trustworthy.

Earlier today a photo of the Mac mini packaging was leaked and is increasingly looking to be legitimate.

Source: Mac Rumors

The new iMac models and their corresponding references:

- MB417: Entry level model

- MB418: "Mass market" model

- MB419: high-end model

- MB420: ultimate model

Sounds like Vista :p

I want a more high-end 20" model (focusing problem I have with my eyes means an up-close 24" screen is almost useless to me), either way my credit card is ready.

I keep wanting to buy an iMac but I've got to keep telling myself there's nothing wrong with my existing computer and I don't need it. It's so hard :(

Quite possible but close your eyes and pick any Tuesday and it would be equally likely.

Assuming it is true then the low end Mini may be the rumored Atom powered model and the high end the rumored Core2Duo/NVidia model. Perhaps with the Atom verson being roughly netbook price. Doubt if there would be anything as exciting as a mid range i7 system.

For the iMac there was talk that Apple were trying to decide whether to use dual or quad core processors, again assuming there's any truth in that perhaps the Ultimate will be quad core?

Sounds like Vista :p

That made my day :)

Hooray for new iMacs though! I know I'll be jealous and start whining and all because I can't wait to change mine to get all this new material, but I will wait until the next update though, in like 8 other months. I'll try to collect as much money as I can this summer and I'll keep that aside for my next semester at University.

Then, I'll be able to see a flaming new 24" iMac sitting on my desk with all its glory. And I'll have to sell my current baby :p

I want to know the specs on those minis,

Guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.

Hopefully the specs are decent. And the prices stay around the same.

Hopefully the specs are decent. And the prices stay around the same.

Hopefully it'll happen like they've done in the past - upgraded specs and same price, if a bit lower.

For everyone who's thinking about switching these days, I'm hoping for the same price if not lower like MasterC said. Especially in this recession, I'd go for a good 50 bucks lower.

And I'm thinking of quite a huge speed bump in those, considering it's been like 2 years they haven't been updated.

And I'm thinking of quite a huge speed bump in those, considering it's been like 2 years they haven't been updated.

I think the last time the Mini was updated was when there were Dinosaurs on Earth :p

Hopefully it'll happen like they've done in the past - upgraded specs and same price, if a bit lower.

Hopefully indeed!

For everyone who's thinking about switching these days, I'm hoping for the same price if not lower like MasterC said. Especially in this recession, I'd go for a good 50 bucks lower.

Yeah if there is atleast a dual core at 2.0-2.4ghz and 2 gig ram and a decent video card, i'd get the mini instead.

A lot of rumors are looking like this'll happen. I don't get why Apple hasn't announced an event. I'll be watching the internet like a hawk and get something up as soon as anything's announced.

Update

OneMoreThing.nl also "confirms" that the iMac and Mac mini will be released tomorrow and provides the following specs (translated by Sijmen):

Mac mini

- 5x USB

- 1x FireWire 800

- 1x mini DVI

- 1x Display poort

- Nvidia chipset (like the newest MacBook)

- starting at Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz

- 1 of 2 GB DDR3 memory (max 4 GB)

- 120 GB hard disk (max 320 GB)

iMac

- one 20" model, three 24" models

- Intel Core 2 Duo (not a quad core): 2.66 Ghz, 2.93 Ghz and 3.06 Ghz

- 1x Display port

- 20" 2 GB DDR3 memory, 24" 4 GB DDR3 memory (max 8 GB)

Wonderful news...two months ago I had some extra cash put away for a new iMac, but thanks to the continually tanking economy and a couple of unforseen things I'm back on the waiting list.

Would they really put a FireWire port on the Mini? Considering they took it off of the MacBooks and seem to keep it on the Pro series of computers.

Would they really put a FireWire port on the Mini? Considering they took it off of the MacBooks and seem to keep it on the Pro series of computers.

People's complaints. :laugh:

I wonder if this is a hardware refresh or a speed bump? The mini needs the physical hardware update. Been the same look since 2005, when the 1st gen nano came out.

The Mac Mini with Mini-DVI and Mini-DisplayPort sounds most likely with the amount of released shots and stuff...but I can't see the logic in it.

If a new mini is in dead for a refresh, I see this design:

• Same sliver case, but a bit wider in width (almost like the apple TV and the time capsule)
  • Top will feature a black plastic cover with a glowing apple logo. This will look like the sliver/black ipod nano
  • External power supply? (if it doesnt already)
  • Being able to place it horizontally or vertical. comes with its own "Stand" to make it sturdy.

As foir the imac, I can't picture a new design. Current design looks great.