Mac Mini and iMac Product Part Numbers? Available Tomorrow?

sounds like Apple is being like Microsoft. But with hardware....Microsoft has all those SKUs for there versions of Vista and Apple has different performance level models.

sounds like Apple is being like Microsoft. But with hardware....Microsoft has all those SKUs for there versions of Vista and Apple has different performance level models.

You're kidding right?

That's not the same thing at all.

I somehow suspect you'll all be disappointed once the store gets back online.

The 'leaked' upgrade specs of the new Mac mini don't sound too great, I guess it having a nvidia based chipset is a positive thing.

I'm just waiting for a Time Capsule upgrade or price drop tbh.

Revamped Mac Pro's / iMacs usually get announced through a special event.

I'm just waiting for a Time Capsule upgrade or price drop tbh.

Revamped Mac Pro's / iMacs usually get announced through a special event.

A cheaper Time Capsule would be nice.

I can't see the new macs being released without some sort of event (RE: March 24th), so I expect these to be minor upgrades to things.

I can't see the new macs being released without some sort of event (RE: March 24th), so I expect these to be minor upgrades to things.

The first Intel-based Macbook was released without an event, wasn't it?

The first Intel-based Macbook was released without an event, wasn't it?

I guess. It depends on whether Apple views these as a significant enough change to warrant one.

STORE IS UP! New Mini, iMac and MacPro.

Canadian price are higher for the mini : $729 for the 1gb/120Gb or $949 for the 2gb/320Gb. Can select between 2.0Ghz or 2.26Ghz. that's it. Max memory is 4Gb.

The configuration of the MacPro seems, well... It wants to be high-end, but feels cheap. Looking at the default config, the 8 core runs at a slower speed than the quad-core, SIX 1Gb stick!! Why not 3x2Gb? And only 640Gb HDD and low-end GFX card. Feels weird.

Edited by TruckWEB

Pretty nice upgrades for the iMac. Not too expensive as well (with HE discount, anyyway :p).

@ynnoj You're right :s

The Mac Pro interior was re-designed.

gallery-big-04.jpg

gallery-big-05.jpg

gallery-big-02.jpg

gallery-big-03.jpg

A completely redesigned interior makes it even easier to access and upgrade your Mac Pro. Snap in up to 32GB of memory. Pop in up to four PCI Express 2.0 expansion cards. Slide in up to 4TB of storage. Add in the new, easier-to-install Mac Pro RAID Card. All without turning the system over or struggling with tight spaces.

New iMac looks tempting because of the improved graphics.

But since I only got my iMac in august I think I will pass :p.

(do you think when Snow Leopard comes along my iMac will be significently slower than the new one)?