Mac Mini and iMac Product Part Numbers? Available Tomorrow?

I'm annoyed that they've pushed up prices on the Time Capsule. Had they lowered them even just a little, I probably would have dropped the cash.

Nehalem based Mac Pro, i wish i was rich id love that machine, drooling at the amount of video encoding power that has while i sob over my Pentium Dual Core E5200 :(

Anyone notice the corded keyboard now is missing the num pad :(

gallery-big-07.jpg

lol wuuuuut.

I better take care of my corded keyboard then. Not fussed about the numpad particularly, but I do want the delete/pgup/pgdn/home/end keys.

EDIT: the old keyboards are still there, just hidden. Thank god for that.

I still think they should come up with a tower that isn't as fancy as the mac pro starting at $999 all the way up to $1999. It could have regular Core2Duo/Core2Quad cpus instead of the workstation grade Xeon etc to bring the price down

I still think they should come up with a tower that isn't as fancy as the mac pro starting at $999 all the way up to $1999. It could have regular Core2Duo/Core2Quad cpus instead of the workstation grade Xeon etc to bring the price down

Most people think that, but it isn't going to happen...

I'm annoyed that they've pushed up prices on the Time Capsule. Had they lowered them even just a little, I probably would have dropped the cash.

You mean in the UK right? In Portugal they've lowered actually. ?269 for the 500GB and ?449 for the 1TB.

I was thinking about getting one but it was still a bit too expensive. I'm sold on the 500GB Capsule now especially because of the dual band capability!

post-22981-1236090863_thumb.jpg

In the low-end iMacs:

'NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256MB of shared DDR3 memory'

... wtf?

In the low-end iMacs:

'NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256MB of shared DDR3 memory'

... wtf?

So? It's the same thing in laptops, and pretty much every integrated chip.

So? It's the same thing in laptops, and pretty much every integrated chip.

Before the upgrade even the low end iMac came with a discrete graphics card. Only a Radeon 2400, alas, better than onboard graphics with shared RAM.

Before the upgrade even the low end iMac came with a discrete graphics card. Only a Radeon 2400, alas, better than onboard graphics with shared RAM.

You lose 256mb of your system memory, but the 9400M is better than the 2400 XT.

Picture%202-1236092516.png

Well I am happy they finally updated the mini, although standard only 1 gig of ram. That kind of sucks, if I get one I'll just buy ram off of new egg and attempt to put that in myself.

My only complaint with the mini, is I still think its a bit pricey. 100~$ bit more. The 50$ edu discount does help, but you still need to upgrade the low end one with ram and what not.

Anyone else notice the iMacs no longer come with the apple remote?

My only complaint with the mini, is I still think its a bit pricey. 100~$ bit more. The 50$ edu discount does help, but you still need to upgrade the low end one with ram and what not.

Anyone else notice the iMacs no longer come with the apple remote?

No remotes included anymore with MacBooks, No docks included anymore with iPhones and now no remote included with the iMac???

What the hell Apple. :blink:

Well I am happy they finally updated the mini, although standard only 1 gig of ram. That kind of sucks, if I get one I'll just buy ram off of new egg and attempt to put that in myself.

Actually the RAM apple adds on are priced less ridiculously now... if I remember correctly.

What I find totally ridiculous is the price of the iMac's RAM. I wanted to wait for the next line (as in, the one in 2010) and get an iMac with 8 GB of RAM, but if they're charging an extra 1000 CAD for it, I might as well look somewhere else.

I hope it's not like the MacBook and that the DDR3 from everywhere is compatible because I won't be paying this much for my memory.

Edit : When I said 1 000 CAD, I meant 1 200 CAD. :crazy: I want to shoot myself now.

And I thought "Oh, it's not so expensive, the last model, it's 2200." But it was on the US Store. It's 2600 here. I don't know what to say...

Edited by PsykX

now we can just live in dreamland hoping that the announcement on the 24th (if there is one) is going to be that they are finished with Snow Leopard and that they are going to be putting it on all new models as of that day. (being that i am purchasing a MacBook in April i hope that this is the case. however i can still be more than happy to purchase the new OS when it comes out later this year. ( i would just prefer not to have to install it after the fact being that this is going to be my first Mac)

Actually the RAM apple adds on are priced less ridiculously now... if I remember correctly.

2 gig is only 50$ more. Rather just go to newegg instead of overpriced ram from apple. Its a nice update though, I guess if you just plan on using OSX with maybe vista or win 7 on boot camp and no games you will be fine.

You mean in the UK right? In Portugal they've lowered actually. €269 for the 500GB and €449 for the 1TB.

I was thinking about getting one but it was still a bit too expensive. I'm sold on the 500GB Capsule now especially because of the dual band capability!

Yeah, it's gone up from ?195 to ?229. I'm quite disappointed as I had my heart set on on:(:(

No remotes included anymore with MacBooks, No docks included anymore with iPhones and now no remote included with the iMac???

What the hell Apple.:blink:k:

I guess even Apple are starting to feel the recession.

The mini is pretty sweet. To hell with the iMac, I'll take a mini and a Dell display or something.

What is very odd though is the new mini keyboard is standard across the iMac line....