[Official] Need for Speed - SHIFT

Its not a GRID ripoff at all, GRID is garbage the cars handle like crap they are all floaty, SHIFT is more simulation than arcade.

Totally agree, GRID really is garbage. I never understood the hype around that game at all, the way the cars handle ... eugh!

I wouldn't mind a game like this, I say bring it on (Y)

I hate to be rude here but GRID is a tough game,you need skills to play it.Its not pure sim ,neither is it pure arcade.

Those who call it crap are mostly people who find it hard to adapt to it.

So the hype around is it "its not for everybody".

If you want a easy racer NFS did that job.Full speed head an collision ,hood as shiny i can see my ass in it,that is real crap,but i loved NFS MW as well.

The cars just handled like boats with roller skates - It wasn't arcade, wasn't sim ... Like some horrible middle ground. So of course it'll be hard to adapt when they just throw in some crazy, horrible handling - I don't even want to adapt to the game because it's not fun to play by any standard.

ya. i uninstalled grid after 2-3 cups.

Zonda, Lambo... were so hard to control on those tight, small city circuits. hated those small city tracks.

& those Formula 3 cars were over sensitive :D

& handbrake was more effective than the brakes :p

Hard to finish? what and how do you guys play.I doubt you to be real gamers.

I have finished GRID in Extreme and Ninja difficulty twice with absolute ease and its a way better fun than any other PC racer,Consoles have some better racers i give them that.And concerning NFS well the less said is more.

Its about the skills (rare ****),gaming skills.Man ,i feel like alone over here,where are my fellow GRID racers?

I really miss nfs 3 ,nfs 4 and nfs 5. I'm sick of the so called "tuned" cars. Don't know if it's just me but if I had a nice bmw you will never catch me dead tuning that car.Vinyls,enormous exhausts etc aren't my type.They don't make that car look any better. And back in the days of nfs 3 or nfs 4 it was a real pleasure to drive those cars.

Back then developers cared less about the money and focused on the actual gameplay and overall feeling ;).

Now the driving experience is pretty much the same from nfs undeground onwards.

Yea I miss those detailed information and screenshots of each and every car in those games. Cool Techno/Electronic music from NFS 2/3/4/5. Ahh those were the days until Fast & Furious and Hip-hop culture ruined the series

I have finished GRID in Extreme and Ninja difficulty twice with absolute ease and its a way better fun than any other PC racer,Consoles have some better racers i give them that.And concerning NFS well the less said is more.

Its about the skills (rare ****),gaming skills.Man ,i feel like alone over here,where are my fellow GRID racers?

Right here. (Y) From looking at the Video's though, Shift does too look brilliant!

Hard or not, game still sucked.

I hate to be rude here but GRID is a tough game,you need skills to play it.Its not pure sim ,neither is it pure arcade.

If you want a easy racer NFS did that job.Full speed head an collision ,hood as shiny i can see my ass in it,that is real crap,but i loved NFS MW as well.

First of all, it looks just like a quick rehash of Dirt. And the handling, my god it's so bad... Asphalt on the N-Gage had better car handling than this...

It's neither SIM or Arcade, it's CRAP.

Hard or not, game still sucked.

LOL man ,this is classic inter-webs,no point arguing :p

Anyways I'll still play Shift and i think so will you,maybe we'll meet on multi-player,will settle this there :D

LOL man ,this is classic inter-webs,no point arguing :p

I'd love to argue but not with you, you sound like you're not worth the time to be honest. "OMG Skills, I r awesome u r all sux kk"

You are being rude insinuating that im crap at playing the game so thats why i think its crap.

Ive finished GRID twice i just dont like how most of the cars handle, they bounce and wobble about the track and most races you dont even need to press brake you just float round the corner.

I dont like NFS either the last half decent one was Most Wanted, im looking forward to SHIFT.

You sound like one of them '1337' CS kiddies who think they are gods gift to gaming, i was probably playing games while you were still a twinkle in your daddies eye, just because i dont like the game doesnt mean im not a good gamer, get a clue.

You guys amuse me,firstly you complain how hard it it to play GRID then you blame the one who says is better than you.umm ok,fine with me.no prob. LOL at "1337' CS kiddies".

Not liking it is one thing not liking it because one can't play it because its too difficult to finish or something is another, that just means you don't know how to play it.simple.

This is going way of topic NFS won't be happy with this i guess.

I too find GRID to be harder than normal, it's really hard for to go into a corner and still have control over the car itself. Most of the time I crash into something, whether it's a barrier or even another driver. That said, I do like the cars but it was just too hard for its own good.

I'm waiting for SHIFT as well even though I don't really like simulation races, ProStreet was the worst while the best was GT3. I am however keeping my mind open and I hoped that I'm not disappointed. I've just finished Undercover with 100% in everything and even though the game was not without it's faults, I thoroughly enjoyed it :p .

Scirwode

NFS Shift: Screener Videos

The french website Jeuxvideo published two gameplay videos of Need for Speed Shift, which were recorded from the screen.

Since it's a screener, the video quality is as expected - but it still might be worth a look to get an impression of the game.

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/need-speed-shift-v...ctu-273054.html

http://nfsplanet.com/index2.php?lang=eng#4961

---

Video # 1= Pagani Zonda @ Brands Hatch

Video #2 = Porsche Cayman @ some docks

since this nfs is all about track racing, i wish they bring in "pit stop" system.

GRID was utter boring w/o it, especially with track like Le-Mans.

Edited by san.W10

I seem to be one of the few who liked the last installment, quite excited for this one actually :woot:

I had a secret crush on Lost Planet, quite enjoyed the game actually :blush: Looking forward to this one, it's looking quite alright.

I had a secret crush on Lost Planet, quite enjoyed the game actually :blush: Looking forward to this one, it's looking quite alright.

Indeed, I just loved how the last NFS wasn't so serious as games like GRID, don't get me wrong, I liked GRID too - NFS was a great game to just turn on and enjoy :)

Wait, why in gods name did I think this was the Lost Planet 2 thread? Disregard what I said above and Brad, I hate you for quoting me ... :p

I blame the heat.

Wait, why in gods name did I think this was the Lost Planet 2 thread? Disregard what I said above and Brad, I hate you for quoting me ... :p

I blame the heat.

hahaha, I actually wondered if it was in the right thread :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
You'll be happy to hear that the Hakosuka driving experience in Need for Speed SHIFT is a full simulation of the real car -- complete with physics driven, functioning suspensions systems. When you drive this car in-game it IS a proper virtual recreation of the real car, no joke. We've collaborated with the development team responsible for the PC simulations GTR, GT Legends and GTR2, so you know the pedigree of this driving experience will be second to none.

may3speedscreens0004.th.jpg

may3speedscreens0012.th.jpg

may7speedscreens0011.th.jpg

You can find the screenshots here:

Bilder des Hakosuka Skyline 2000 GT-R @ Speedhunters

all pics are in-game