Watchmen (2009)

ha.. I too was duped by awesome trailer editing (plus I love that song in the first watchmen trailer .. smashing pumpkins, the end is the beginning is the end)

Watchmen wasnt terrible, i just expected different (I had not read the comic, so I went in blind)

Kinda wishing I hadnt spent extra for the imax tickets.. shoulda just waited for the bluray rips to eventually arrive

Edited by WolfDV

This movie is really good. If you read the graphic novel you are going to love it that much more.

I saw it in IMAX, and am not basing my opinion on the movies visuals alone

Decent film, I've read the graphic novel but I wanted more action in the movie. Overall it was a bit to long for my taste but I'd give it a 7.5/10.

I loved the movie.

I predict the reception will be that lots of people will not like it, however down the road it will become a cult classic. Reasons being; well too many to list :D

All these reviews are making me happy I will be waiting for the much longer cut on blu-ray :)

Or you can do what I did and get the actual animated comic right now on Blu-ray. ;)

dvd-motion-comic-small.jpg

Or you can do what I did and get the actual animated comic right now on Blu-ray. ;)

dvd-motion-comic-small.jpg

That is pretty cool, I am going to re-read the novel just before the Blu-Ray release of the film, get me back in the mood (Y)

I thought this movie was fantastic! The reason being, because it was different to other "superhero" movies - this one actually had very few 'action' scenes and had more politics and more of a storyline to it, I thought.

I absolutely loved how graphic some of the murder scenes were, even though it freaked me out a bit :D I loved the characters - Dr. Manhatton and Rorschach were brilliant. Rorschach's acting was very good and I just liked the acting overall to be honest.

To sum up, I was pleasantly surprised with how little action there was in it and the depth of the storyline and I also loved how graphic it was - 9/10.

3 of my friends who were with me also loved it and had similar thoughts to me. One of them, who is a film addict hated it as he expected more action and was going in expecting the stereotype of a 'superhero' film.

Also never thought I would say this, but after seeing the trailer for it tonight, really looking forward to Star Trek.

I thought the same thing! For a Star Trek film it looks stunning! It might actually get me into Star Trek :/

And what was up with Dr Manhattan??? So he was in a lab accident...then decided he didnt need to wear clothes anymore? :p

:rofl: What I found funny was that he wore a suit sometimes. Other times, what's wrong with even just sticking on a pair of boxers? :D

I just came back from watching it in IMAX and I thought it was very good. I know the movie was very long but it didn't feel long. There's one thing I have to admit though. Seeing Dr. Manhattan nude had me giggling like a little schoolgirl. It was so unexpected!

I watched it yesterday.. I like the movie actually. One thing I did not like was Dr. Manhatten waay too much exposure imo.

well it seems like the people who wanted an all out action movie got disappointed, that's why you should research the movie your going to see(i almost saw the spirit) also they added action to the movie, and added size to dr.Manhattans hooha

well it seems like the people who wanted an all out action movie got disappointed, that's why you should research the movie your going to see

Research the movies I'm going to see? I watched the trailer that should be all the research necessary .. Completely misrepresented the movie in my opinion.

It's weird seeing all the comments about Dr Manhattans genitals :laugh:

In the book it wasn't noticeable but now its like "omg its right there"

Research the movies I'm going to see? I watched the trailer that should be all the research necessary .. Completely misrepresented the movie in my opinion.

Agreed.

I would think everyone knows that the trailer men's main job is to pull in the crowds, and judging by the response here, they did a pretty damn good job. I don't think it's correct to misrepresent a film in its trailer, but hey, I can understand why they do it. So next time, look it up. :p

It's weird seeing all the comments about Dr Manhattans genitals :laugh:

In the book it wasn't noticeable but now its like "omg its right there"

In my country they were blurred out. :laugh: For once I think I didnt mind some censoring.

Btw, awesome avatar/signature! Is there any animated avatar with shifting ink blots on rorschach's mask? That would be cool.

I dunno a film doesn't get sold to me via the trailer, I like to know the back story, the director (his past work for example) and what sort of hype is surrounding it before I make any choice whether its for me.

I would think everyone knows that the trailer men's main job is to pull in the crowds, and judging by the response here, they did a pretty damn good job. I don't think it's correct to misrepresent a film in its trailer, but hey, I can understand why they do it. So next time, look it up. :p

In my country they were blurred out. :laugh: For once I think I didnt mind some censoring.

Btw, awesome avatar/signature! Is there any animated avatar with shifting ink blots on rorschach's mask? That would be cool.

The only one's I have found are these!

Rorschach.gif

animatedRorschach.gif

The film's already way too long, why watch the 4 hour version =/

They should have got someone who wasn't a fanboy of the novel to make the film, then maybe it would have been a proper film with a good length that still managed to keep the spirit of the original. A frame by frame translation to another medium just doesn't work.

I went into this movie, not knowing anything about it, and was blown away. It was brilliant!

The time was not an issue, I'll gladly watch the 4 hour version! Cant wait for it!

I think they were true to the original material, and thats whats disappointing to most people. I am just glad they didnt shove this movie through the hollywood cookie cutter and create a piece of crap.

Besides the glowing blue penis flopping around, I loved the film.

9/10

Lol...I would give this movie 10/10 but for that!

Absolutely loved it. It was long, but didn't feel long. I was enthralled throughout the whole thing.

Yip, the time just flew by. I was taken in for the entire film. Had to wake my girlfriend up twice though, lol.

Saw this the other night. A decent attempt, but the original graphic novel is so much better.

One thing that really annoyed me was the fight scenes. They were horrid! They felt over done and silly. They should have been more like the graphic novel.

saw the movie on opening night and was alright. i would rate it around 7-8/10 and i loved Rorschach! he kicked asses! the movie was a bit long.