Denon gives away $1k Blu-ray player free with AVRs

If you need a good receiver you can get 2809ci like I got recently (at around $900 - MSRP is $1200) and you will get Denon Blu-ray player DVD-2500BTCI (btw great player - Profile 1.1) for FREE. The player is $1000 and it's amazing deal. From now until April 30th.

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Denon_Bl...Receivers.shtml

Damn I gotta see if I'm still within 30 days of my Denon purchase so I can return it and get the new one again as a new purchase so I qualify for this.. ;)

AVR2809CI_Front_G.gif

The player is really good even as Profile 1.1. It has stunning picture and audio and with 2809ci or above it's a perfect combo.

denon-dvd-2500BTCI-300.jpg

Player specs:

* Complete digital-only transport to eliminate interference

* Single-cable HDMI connection and Digital HD output up to 1080p

* Full 10-bit processing for i/p and scaling circuit

* Blu-ray 1080p/24fps output capability

* Up to 36 bit Deep Color support via HDMI

* Native bitstream output for Dolby Digital+, Dolby TrueHD, and dts-HD Master Audio

* Bonus View functionality (BD-ROM Profile 1.1), providing simultaneous Audio and Video options for greater interactivity.

* Digital media disc support: Blu-Ray, DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, CD Audio WMA, MP3, Kodak picture CD, Fuji Color CD, DivX playback (including DivX 6).

2809ci is an EXCELLENT receiver mind you. 4 HDMI inputs and a bunch of good **** too. It's definitely worth.

So if you wanted a higher end AVR for your HD needs, 2809ci is a great choice at $800-$900 price and you get a superb Blu-ray player for free for that ultimate Denon combo.

Damn I sound like a salesman :) but this is really a great thing.

Not bad of a deal, if your looking at spending 1k dollars or so.

If your on the fence, and lacking A/V gear, I'd say go.

I on the other hand and going to ride out DVD's as along as I can till my HT is finished, then I'll go HD hardware wise.

To be honest I think that the fact that you are getting 2809ci and 2500BTCI for the price of $800 or so bucks (that's what I paid for 2809ci at BB) this is an incredible deal. Even with mid range AVRs at $500 or so you would still need to spend $250-$300 for a good Blu-ray player. So for pretty much the same price you get absolutely fantastic deal.

Denon is definitely feeling the economy.

I agree, but the caveat is:

Qualifying receivers start at $1199.00 (with free shipping) for the AVR-2809CI or AVR-989 all the way up to Denon's current flagship AV receiver, the AVR5308CIA for $5499.99.

So members, know you are getting quality hardware, make no mistake. You get what you pay for, plus a NICE freebie ;)

Qualifying receivers start at $1199.00 (with free shipping)

Right, but keep this in mind. That's MSRP.. that reciever is not $1199 at BB. I bought mine for about $800 or so bucks. Okay I was buying a few other things but you can get it for $900 for sure. So that's $300 off the MSRP.

This is very good higher end bundle for sure. And that BD player even though it doesn't have BD-Live is absolutely amazing in picture and audio dept. Top quality.