Windows 7 Build 7057 x64

7057 x64 is running great here.. just finished the install

and to rub it in, torrent downloaded plenty fast for me.. maxed my connection out at 1.8MB/s the whole time (you guys should really find some good private trackers)

Well I used a well known public one, and started it at lunch (noon) and it was finished when I got back at 1:10 or so.

Just got some free time to burn the image now though, probably take it home and use it to upgrade my dell laptop thats running 7048 cause I dont want to sit here for my last hour at work watching it install and having to leave it over the weekend hehe..

7057 x64 is running great here.. just finished the install

and to rub it in, torrent downloaded plenty fast for me.. maxed my connection out at 1.8MB/s the whole time (you guys should really find some good private trackers)

Mine is coming down real fast too, if it keeps that way I should have it within an hour or so, how fast and stable is this build for you so far? 7048 has been buggier and slower for me than 7000, that' s why I'm so ancious to get this.

Mine is coming down real fast too, if it keeps that way I should have it within an hour or so, how fast and stable is this build for you so far? 7048 has been buggier and slower for me than 7000, that' s why I'm so ancious to get this.

i thought 7048 was a little less stable too compared to 7000... but so far after some testing I'm loving 7057.. seems like a keeper to me! :)

Extracted the new logon screen for a wallpaper

Enjoy!

Looks like a Linux wallpaper/background to me.

I finally finished downloading the x64 build but I think I'm gonna stick with the x86 build that I am currently running(even though I have 4Gb of ram). Everything is running so smoothly.

i thought 7048 was a little less stable too compared to 7000... but so far after some testing I'm loving 7057.. seems like a keeper to me! :)

I rather had the impression of 7048 running somewhat better than 7048... I'll see with 7057.

Upgraded from 7048 to 7057 without a hitch.

Same here. While it went without problems, it just took really long time. Almost 1.5 hrs by estimate. The other thing I noticed is the memory usage was hovering around 88-95% of 2GB RAM. Usually when nothing is running, the memory usage is only 35%. I have a feeling this might be a memory leak.

Weather Gadget bug?

gadgetbug.png

Anyone with the black stripe under the gadget?

Windows 7 build 7057...

Edited by northwood28

i cant download this build, torrent speeds are crawling right now. ill try again tomorrow or next week. im sure another build will be out by then!

i cant download this build, torrent speeds are crawling right now. ill try again tomorrow or next week. im sure another build will be out by then!

You guys need to find some extra trackers and then add them to have a larger selection of seeds/peers. I think there was only one included and that one is not very good.

Near the end of my download a few hours back, I had some 180 seeds and 900 peer connections giving me a combined 1.7MBps.

I have no idea if this was posted already, but when playing a song in wmp with it minimized, hovering your mouse over the icon shows the album art upside down if its in the minimal mode.

You guys need to find some extra trackers and then add them to have a larger selection of seeds/peers. I think there was only one included and that one is not very good.

Near the end of my download a few hours back, I had some 180 seeds and 900 peer connections giving me a combined 1.7MBps.

in a few days the speeds should improve. im in no big rush anyways.