How many DVDs do you own?

I don't buy the movies I already watched on tv, I started buying movies in late 2000. And watched lot of movies mostly on cable and now netflix. I don't have much but this is all I have (including games and everything).

post-30626-1236982425_thumb.jpg

Is that your room at your mums house?

You act as if that's a bad thing. What's wrong with living in your "mums" house? FYI, my uncle (who never got married) has lived with his parents until they died. If you're not married, then there's nothing wrong with staying with your parents and taking care of them when they get older. I'm 23 and in my last semester of college and I still live with my parents. I don't plan to move out anytime soon when I'm finished with school. I'm an only child and I'm single (as of now) and if I stay single, I plan to stay and take care of them. After all, they took care of me when I was a child. The only way I'm moving out is if/when I get married.

Seriously? Click the link in my sig, and I'm nowhere near as nuts as many others. 150 is small change, and mine also.

Like you, I used DVD Profiler to track my DVD collection. I have 172 DVDs. Unfortunately, I can't upload the list like you because I have more than 50 DVDs on my list. After 50 profiles, you need to fork over $30.

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q38/Hir...2008/?start=all

I'm actually in the process of moving my stuff around, so if you can wait until Sunday evening / Monday you can have bang upto date pics and numbers.

BTW, looking at your pictures, I see that you stacked some DVDs vertically. I try to avoid doing that because I heard rumors that overtime, gravity can warp the discs.

Like you, I used DVD Profiler to track my DVD collection. I have 172 DVDs. Unfortunately, I can't upload the list like you because I have more than 50 DVDs on my list. After 50 profiles, you need to fork over $30.

BTW, looking at your pictures, I see that you stacked some DVDs vertically. I try to avoid doing that because I heard rumors that overtime, gravity can warp the discs.

I've read that as well. Unfortunately I have to stack some of 'em vertically (I got the measurements wrong when I put those shelves up, so they won't fit "the proper way" :) ) but they've been like that for quite a few years now, and I've not noticed any problem. It might help that every few weeks I take 'em all out of the shelves to clean them.

I would've had over 250 DVDs, but I sold most of them (particularly the ones I don't watch anymore) on Ebay. Whenever my friends come over, they're always like, "Whoa! Dude! You have a ****load of DVDs." That's when I decided that some of them need to go.

488 Titles. I will hit 500 next month.

All legit, no burns. Plus I still have 170 or so VHS Still (at the bottom, but pic is cut off there). I don't have a recent picture, this one is from about 1 and a half years ago, now the shelf on the right is full of dvds and there are some on the top of one of the shelves too.

dvd.jpg

BTW, www.dvdaf.com is a good free online catalog.

Edited by Ash

BTW, www.dvdaf.com is a good free online catalog.

Wow, that's great and it's free too. I'll get to work now and I'll put my DVD list on my signature.

BTW, I'm so tempted right now just to throw out all my VHS tapes. I NEVER watch them anymore.

OK, I added my list of DVDs on my signature. I have 202 titles, which is more than what I stated earlier. The reason I had less before is because DVD Profiler didn't have all of my titles. listed. DVDAF.com had all of my titles listed. So, that list on my signature is complete and accurate.

All legit, no burns. Plus I still have 170 or so VHS Still (at the bottom, but pic is cut off there). I don't have a recent picture, this one is from about 1 and a half years ago, now the shelf on the right is full of dvds and there are some on the top of one of the shelves too.

I see you have the complete collection of "Friends" and "Angel." I used to have all the seasons of those shows, but those were ones I sold. I wasn't watching them anymore and they were taking up A LOT of shelf space. So, I figured I'd sell them.

Just a tip about dvdaf.com, when your logged in, you can custom sort stuff. Like if you want all your James Bond movies all together, you can do that. You left click on the thumbnail, goto "One Pager Mode" then on the next page half way theres an edit button, click that and below that somewhere is a "Sort Text" field. You can name each james bond movie James Bond 01, James Bond 02 etc... that way all of the james bond dvds will all be together in the correct order. You can also do that for like the Batman movies which don't automatically get put in the order they were made (because it goes alphabetical Batman Begins will come before Batman Returns).

The reason I ask because I feel like I could win the award for having the most DVDs. I have over 150 different titles.

150? As proved by this thread, that's not a lot. One of my friends has a few hundred I think. If he sees this thread, maybe he can say exactly how many. :laugh: I really don't have that many. I'd say 100, plus or minus a few.

I own around 90-120; does music dvds (concerts) count? if not make that 80-90.

I stopped buying dvds about 4 years ago, and now i will just buy under very special circumstances, i however own every Nicole Kidman movie :D