How many DVDs do you own?

I currently have near on 200 or so.

I am almost not bothering with DVDs that much anymore as sooner or later, we'll all be on Blu-ray, so the DVD quality won't be as great.

150? As proved by this thread, that's not a lot. One of my friends has a few hundred I think. If he sees this thread, maybe he can say exactly how many. :laugh: I really don't have that many. I'd say 100, plus or minus a few.

202 to be exact. I plan on getting "Quantum of Solace" and a few other movies later this month. So, that number should reach to about 205 very soon. :D

Just a tip about dvdaf.com, when your logged in, you can custom sort stuff. Like if you want all your James Bond movies all together, you can do that. You left click on the thumbnail, goto "One Pager Mode" then on the next page half way theres an edit button, click that and below that somewhere is a "Sort Text" field. You can name each james bond movie James Bond 01, James Bond 02 etc... that way all of the james bond dvds will all be together in the correct order. You can also do that for like the Batman movies which don't automatically get put in the order they were made (because it goes alphabetical Batman Begins will come before Batman Returns).

Thanks. Yeah, I have every single movie of James Bond, except "Never Say Never Again," which I never even saw and don't plan to. To be honest, James Bond goes downhill as each movie comes out. The Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig movies are nowhere near as good as the Connery and Moore ones.

I currently have near on 200 or so.

I am almost not bothering with DVDs that much anymore as sooner or later, we'll all be on Blu-ray, so the DVD quality won't be as great.

Yeah and then something else will replace Blu-ray and thus, we'll be repurchasing our movies once again.

Like you, I used DVD Profiler to track my DVD collection. I have 172 DVDs. Unfortunately, I can't upload the list like you because I have more than 50 DVDs on my list. After 50 profiles, you need to fork over $30.

It's a once-in-a-lifetime payment, though, that I thought was worth it. :)

Wow! When Blu-ray eventually replaces DVDs, good luck upgrading your collection. ;)

I don't really see that happening, to be honest. I could be wrong, but the way I see the market, I just don't see Blu-ray being the format to take over entirely.

I don't really see that happening, to be honest. I could be wrong, but the way I see the market, I just don't see Blu-ray being the format to take over entirely.

I, for one, agree. But many people here will disagree.

Wow! When Blu-ray eventually replaces DVDs, good luck upgrading your collection. ;)

Truth be told, I won't be. I've already started the process of buying some movies on Blu-Ray (only a few, and they're at the Grandads, hence not on the pics), but it'll only be for big, big releases, for instance when they release the Harry Potter films as a complete collection on Blu-Ray, I'll totally buy them. Other than that, I'll stick with DVD.

Also, Blu-Ray is backwards compatible, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world :)

Truth be told, I won't be. I've already started the process of buying some movies on Blu-Ray (only a few, and they're at the Grandads, hence not on the pics), but it'll only be for big, big releases, for instance when they release the Harry Potter films as a complete collection on Blu-Ray, I'll totally buy them. Other than that, I'll stick with DVD.

Also, Blu-Ray is backwards compatible, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world :)

What do you mean Blu-ray is backwards compatible?

Had about 400+ DVDs but I sold a lot and now I have about 80 of the movies I really wanted to have like War of the Worlds, Minority Report etc.

I have 115 HD DVDs and about 120+ Blu-rays now.

What do you mean Blu-ray is backwards compatible?

Blu-ray drives are backward compatible - i.e. the machine will play back DVDs, upgrading the picture quality while they're at it, so there's no real drastic need to buy everything again on a new format.

I dont collect movie DVDs anymore just TV shows, i have........

Ashes to Ashes Series 1

Big Bang Theory Season 1

Black Books Series 1-3

Commando on the Frontline Series 1

Dead Set Complete Series

Doctor Who Series 1-4 + Special Episode DVDs

Extras Series 1-2

Family Guy Season 1-6

Futurama Season 1-4

Hotel Babylon Series 1-2

Life on Mars Series 1-2

Lost Season 1-4

Merlin Series 1

Murphys Law Series 1-5

Red Dwarf Series 1-8

Robin Hood Series 1-2

Ross Kemp in Afghanistan Series 1

Scrubs Season 1-7

Startrek Enterprise Season 1-4

Startrek Voyager Season 1-7

Startrek Deep Space 9 Season 1-7

Startrek The Next Generation Season 1-7

Startrek The Original Series Season 1-3

Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 1

The IT Crowd Series 1-2

The Office UK Series 1-2

The Unit Season 1-4

Ultimate Force Series 1-4

I have them in both original DVD format stored away and x264 Anamorphic 576p + AC3 in MKV Container format stored on a Media Server in transparent quality so they look no different than DVD, took me bloody ages to encode them all.

Woaaaaah there. If you're going to own a TV series collection you're going to need to buy"The Wire"

Woaaaaah there. If your going to own a TV series collection where's "The Wire"?

This man called it.

Add The Sopranos and Six Feet Under also.

My Trio of godly TV shows ;)

And Richard Hammond, that must of taken you bloody ages to encode all of that :| You should pickup a PS3 again one day, PS3 Media Server is the dogs danglies for streaming media :p Archive your DVDs and play your encodes ;)

Had around 400 DVDs and sold/gave away to friends something close to 300, keeping only the good ones. And I threw away the boxes, got few of those little plastic round things (some kind of boxes, don't know the exact word) on which you can put 25/50/100 DVDs and now my place looks much better. :)

Blu-ray drives are backward compatible - i.e. the machine will play back DVDs, upgrading the picture quality while they're at it, so there's no real drastic need to buy everything again on a new format.

Backwards compatibility is just an added feature on these Blu-ray players. Once DVDs get phased out, they'll probably stop making them backwards compatible. This is why I was rooting for HD-DVD during the war. HD-DVDs are basically the same as DVDs, except they hold more data. Therefore, the HD-DVD drives are able to read DVDs. But Blu-ray is completely different from DVDs.

I dont collect movie DVDs anymore just TV shows, i have........

Good for you. Out of my entire DVD collection, I find myself watching my TV show DVDs a lot more than my movies.

Same here. I've already done A LOT just to replace my VHS collection. There's no way that I'm doing this all over again. It's annoying that they keep coming out with new formats. I can't believe that everyone has the patience to keep upgrading their movies and I can't believe studios are willing to re-release EVERYTHING on DVD to Blu-ray or whatever new format may come in the future. All of this work everyone of us put into DVDs and very soon, they'll be obsolete. I just hope (and I doubt it will happen) that Blu-ray will be the last format and that we'll ALL be satisfied with it.

BTW, I see you have the "24" Seasons on DVD. I only have Season 1 because I found it on sale at Amazon for $20. Once I see the other seasons for that price, I'll grab 'em. And I have to say, they're the best looking DVDs I've ever seen. For DVDs, they sure look great in HD.

Edited by xraffle

I own too many DVD's (well 300 or so). I've switched to Blu-Ray now. I did make the huge mistake of thinking that HD-DVD would win, so.... I have about 30 HD-DVD movies, that's a real loss.

I own too many DVD's (well 300 or so). I've switched to Blu-Ray now. I did make the huge mistake of thinking that HD-DVD would win, so.... I have about 30 HD-DVD movies, that's a real loss.

Which HD-DVD do you have? Maybe I can take them off your hands.