All-Glass Firefox v2!

It's over guys, Firefox 4 is here! Thanks for all the intrest, support and downloads!

Download All-Glass Firefox 2.1.4 for Firefox 3.6+

Changelog

v2.1.4

- Some URL Bar fancy fixes

- Updated DLL

v2.1.3

- Updated for Firefox 3.6b3, still works with 3.5 of course!

- Slight problem with the Find bar still there, can't get it fixed... If anyone has a solution, let me know!

(temp workaround: just open a new tab, select it, and go back to your other one: fixes it!)

v2.1.2

- Updated for Firefox 3.5 RC 1 - no new updates for 3.5 required.

- Fixes a bug with the viewport top border moving down when hovering the All Tabs button

- Fixes ugly borders on the New Tab button

- URL Bar height updated to match with Search Box

v2.1.1

Updated and fixed for 3.5b99

There is a little bug: when mousing over the tab browser dropdown some border changes a little.

v2.1.0

Tab browser dropdown menu had an ugly white border -> fix

New GUID for Mozilla Addons

Careful!

[/size]

• Not compatible with x64 versions of Firefox! Running the normal Ffx on x64 Windows works just fine!
  • If it doesn't work, you're probably running an incompatible addon or theme! Sorry for that!
  • Obviously only for Windows Vista / Windows 7 with Aero Glass enabled!
  • Use with 3.5+ only, looks funky in 3.0!

What's new in 2.0+:

• Fancy shiny text effects with the new text-shadow in FF3.5
  • Easy peasy install system.
  • Lots and lots of fixes, and everything now looks even better!

Hint: this addon overwrites Glasser. No addons are required to use this mod.

If you still have the older All-Glass Firefox, be sure to disable/remove the old Stylish theme!

I highly recommend you to use the addon Compact Menu in combination with this addon (it hides the menubar and provides a small drop-down alternative). You can download it from here. You might need Nightly Tester Tools to be able to install it.

Screenshot:

post-151800-1243379055_thumb.png

In this screenshot I am using Compact Menu to hide my menu bar and replace it with the globe icon on the far right of the adress bar.

(Windows 7)

Have fun!

PS: GMail Notifier doesn't like this addon. You can use Gmail Checker; it does almost the same as Gmail Notifier without messing with this addon!

Forecastfox doesn't display text when this addon is enabled.

Hint on using Beta versions of Firefox: If you can't install some addons, install Nightly Tester Tools first. It can force addon installs without a problem!

Archive

---

Changelog for 2.0 (latest version = bold)

V2.0(.1)

Initial release for FF3.1/5 in addon form.

V2.0.2

- Active tab look softened (suggested by CalumJR)

- Bookmark folder view had ugly text: fixed!

---

Personal stuff and achievements!

Yay! Linked on lifehacker and got 21k views in one day!

http://lifehacker.com/5270199/all+glass-fi...parency-effects

Download stats: Reached 500.000 on the 30th of september!

---

Thanks to:

g4rb4g3 for the original JS code, couldn't have done it without him

Everyone else who submitted a bugfix/suggestion, this addon wouldn't be what it is right now without you guys!

[/font]

Edited by Ambroos

Hey Ambroos, is there a compatible version for Minefield builds? 3.2a1pre? This one won't install for me... :(

It should work, added the compatibility info and it should install now.

It should work, added the compatibility info and it should install now.

It installs now, but everything is just black... Am I supposed to remove the modded overlay.js file or uninstall Glasser or something? I'm using the x64 version of Minefield... would that be the problem?

It installs now, but everything is just black... Am I supposed to remove the modded overlay.js file or uninstall Glasser or something? I'm using the x64 version of Minefield... would that be the problem?

Hmm... It's best to completely uninstall Glasser and disable the old Stylish userstyle before you install the addon... If you give me a link to Minefield I'll have a look at it.

* update: tried in the latest trunk build of Minefield, works perfect!

BTW, does anyone know how I can make the installation window pop up for my addon instead of the download window?

Hmm... It's best to completely uninstall Glasser and disable the old Stylish userstyle before you install the addon... If you give me a link to Minefield I'll have a look at it.

BTW, does anyone know how I can make the installation window pop up for my addon instead of the download window?

Here's the link to the x64 project for firefox... http://wiki.mozilla-x86-64.com/Firefox:Download

I'm using the latest version Firefox-3.2a1pre.en-US.win64.installer.20090214.zip.

Thanks for taking a look at it! Aside from no flash support yet, I find the x64 version faster and just as stable :)

As for the installation window instead of the download window, I'm not much help there... :(

Here's the link to the x64 project for firefox... http://wiki.mozilla-x86-64.com/Firefox:Download

I'm using the latest version Firefox-3.2a1pre.en-US.win64.installer.20090214.zip.

Thanks for taking a look at it! Aside from no flash support yet, I find the x64 version faster and just as stable :)

As for the installation window instead of the download window, I'm not much help there... :(

Have you ever got any version of glasser to work?

Had a look at it, and I think it's the API calls Glasser does, and modifying the Glasser JS is something I'm not very good at.

Now installs the chill way ^^ no dragging no more! Damn I'm in a good googling mood today!

Hello,

There is a conflict with Gmail notifier 0.6.3.11

If the extension is enabled the bookmarks and tabbar become black :(

And text from bookmarks in folder dropdowns look ugly (greenish and pixelish)

Hello,

There is a conflict with Gmail notifier 0.6.3.11

If the extension is enabled the bookmarks and tabbar become black :(

And text from bookmarks in folder dropdowns look ugly (greenish and pixelish)

Impossible to fix that. Was also happening in the old version.

wow aowsome at last it is working again.

good job (Y)

there small bug i can no longer see ForcastFox weather reading :( but doesnt really matter since i can aim at the extenison and it will show me the reading

Looking good, but there seems to be a conflict with Tab Mix Plus, the tab text properties cannot be changed, and are permanently black.

I hope Tab Mix Plus is updated some time soon, it's kinda messed up in 3.1 b3

I am having a similar issue with regard to it being black, also when I restart firefox I am being told there is an update from version 2.0 to version 1.0.16 surely this is incorrect?

Glasser v2.0

When I update (downgrade?) to 1.0.16 it looks like this ...

Thats awesome if you don't use any custom theme or some addon (example: Tinymenu) Had to quit using that and Foxdie theme for All-Glass :D

I am having a similar issue with regard to it being black, also when I restart firefox I am being told there is an update from version 2.0 to version 1.0.16 surely this is incorrect?

Glasser v2.0

When I update (downgrade?) to 1.0.16 it looks like this ...

Some addons mess it up...

Wow, this really does look absolutely fantastic for me on Firefox 3.1 beta 3, using Windows 7. I absolutely love it! Excellent work Ambroos.

I have one problem though which does annoy me quite a bit :/ The selected tab is still the default and hasn't changed at all. I think it looks out of place. Have you tried playing around with editing the selected tab at all? Maybe even making it all glass but still the embossed effect would work?

Wow, this really does look absolutely fantastic for me on Firefox 3.1 beta 3, using Windows 7. I absolutely love it! Excellent work Ambroos.

I have one problem though which does annoy me quite a bit :/ The selected tab is still the default and hasn't changed at all. I think it looks out of place. Have you tried playing around with editing the selected tab at all? Maybe even making it all glass but still the embossed effect would work?

Thanks ^^

About the tabs, something like this? (Active, inactive hover, inactive)

post-151800-1237070526_thumb.png