All-Glass Firefox v2!

How to achieve this?

+1

I'd like to know how to make the context menu transparent! :)

My effort

glass.jpg

Only thing I'd now like tweaked is the status bar text/icons are not aligned properly, they're a bit too high up. Or the taskbar is too high.

I still like the old menubar (black color with with border around) How can I take it back?

It looks cooler and still visible with white background...

Looks nice :)

Only thing that's a bit ugly is the white border on the tab list button....

whiteline.jpg

If you don't mind removing the button completely I did it with this code in Stylish:

.tabs-container > stack  {display:none!important}

I can't remember exactly where I got it from though.

I just updated from FF 3.0.8 to FF 3.0.10. I suspected something happened with my old tweaked Glasser and "Glass Your Firefox" Ambroos' userscript. So I replaced it all with this All-Glass v2, but still no good about the tab-bar!

The only transparent tabs are the unread inactive ones. The read inactive and the active tabs are not.

"Firefox 3 Tab Colors" and similar userscripts are not the source of the problem nor it's solution.

Can't this be solved unless with FF 3.1.*?

It seems a bit weird that there can be some transparent tabs and (but) the others cannot be forced somehow to be transparent as well.

What to do??

(full screenshot below)

post-290368-1240891297_thumb.jpg

I just updated from FF 3.0.8 to FF 3.0.10. I suspected something happened with my old tweaked Glasser and "Glass Your Firefox" Ambroos' userscript. So I replaced it all with this All-Glass v2, but still no good about the tab-bar!

The only transparent tabs are the unread inactive ones. The read inactive and the active tabs are not.

"Firefox 3 Tab Colors" and similar userscripts are not the source of the problem nor it's solution.

Can't this be solved unless with FF 3.1.*?

It seems a bit weird that there can be some transparent tabs and (but) the others cannot be forced somehow to be transparent as well.

What to do??

(full screenshot below)

post-290368-1240891297_thumb.jpg

I've just realized a way for a solution, but I need some help!

My Gmail tab remains transparent (and with the old appearance overall, in fact), so I tried to understand why. What is different on that tab is that the "Safe" extension I just installed (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11666) detects SSL in it and alerts me by changing some of it's appearance, including on the tab-bar:

post-290368-1240893599_thumb.jpg

I tried to upload the "safe.js" here to show the code, but the forum didn't allow me. So here are the two parts that may be the good ones (watch the last line in each)

function setBrowser(colour) {
	let browser = gBrowser.selectedBrowser;
	let tab = gBrowser.selectedTab;

browser.style.borderColor = colour;
	browser.style.borderStyle = 'solid';
	browser.style.borderWidth = '1em';
	tab.style.backgroundColor = colour;
	tab.style.MozAppearance = 'none';
}

function revertBrowser(colour) {
	let browser = gBrowser.selectedBrowser;
	let tab = gBrowser.selectedTab;

browser.style.borderWidth = "0em";
	tab.style.MozAppearance = 'tab';
}

So tab.style.MozAppearance = 'none' or tab.style.MozAppearance = 'tab' seem to be the key to take the tab-bar back to it's normal (transparent) appearance, and the solution would be simply make all tabs follow one of these, always. But I don't know how to put this into FF.

Can someone please help me putting this as a Stylish userscript or as an add-on itself?

Hey, nice mod you got there! I've been looking for one just like this for a while :)

But yeah, I would prefer a black-text version because most text is black anyways in Vista...and probably makes more sense to keep it consistent.

Plus, most window backgrounds are white (especially Word), so it's sometimes really hard to see the text.

:)

Hey so I found this Googling "Glass Firefox," I had Glasser but had no idea it could go this far. AWESOME! However, one small gripe is that, for some reason, Forecastfox Enhanced 0.9.9 does not play nice. The text is missing although the icons show up.

Hey so I found this Googling "Glass Firefox," I had Glasser but had no idea it could go this far. AWESOME! However, one small gripe is that, for some reason, Forecastfox Enhanced 0.9.9 does not play nice. The text is missing although the icons show up.

Glad you like it ^^ Spread the word :p

Myea some extensions don't seem to like my addon... I'll add ForecastFox to the list.

(I'm sorry but I can't provide support for that kind of stuff since I don't think I have the knowledge/skill to do that)

Any idea when a x64 version will come out? :(

As soon as the original Glasser gets x64 support for 3.5 (=3.1) and on. I'm not creating versions for 3.0 anymore since I can't use my wonderful shadows + it's an old version very soon...

(btw, do you -really- notice the difference in x64 and is it worth losing Flash etc?)

As soon as the original Glasser gets x64 support for 3.5 (=3.1) and on. I'm not creating versions for 3.0 anymore since I can't use my wonderful shadows + it's an old version very soon...

(btw, do you -really- notice the difference in x64 and is it worth losing Flash etc?)

Well, I'm using 3.5 Beta 4 (32bit) anyways, any idea on a ETA?

I do notice the difference, everything to just feels more snappier, might be a placebo effect though, either way, I can utilise 64bit applications, and programs like winrar etc can compress stuff faster by doing that.

Btw, I didn't loose Flash, I have it working in Firefox and IE, while IE 64bit doesn't work doesn't mean I can't use the 32bit variant.

Also, I did a sun spider benchmark between IE 32bit and IE 64bit and there was a 1000ms improvement with the 64bit version. I just want Firefox to be native 64bit (I know there are builds out there, but I want them to be as good as the 32bit builds).

Looks fine on x64 on my system.. At least I think so?

post-119661-1241476227_thumb.jpg

We're talking about the special x64 version of Firefox, you're using the standard one :) The x64 build of Firefox returns no glass at all.

Very nice work, Ambroos.

Is there any chance you could put together a version with black text, though? The default theme on the Win7 RC with Firefox 3.5b4 and white text makes tabs almost impossible to read.

Many thanks.

What addon was it that you guys said to get, that will let me enable older addons in 3.5 beta 4? Trying to get Compact Menu for one thing.. but it says not compatible