It's a Finity kind of day

We ran a check yesterday to see the popularity of the other (older) themes, and we discovered that many members are still on Shift (our previous version of Neowin).

I had a think about this and realised that the tool only counts members that have physically changed their theme to another choice. It could be that the choice was made before the default theme was set, therefore those people would have missed this fantastic update to Finity and might not even know it exists!

So I went ahead and ran a Skin Manager tool to force those members currently on themes other than our newest, to use Finity.

This was only done for those [still] unaware that we have a new theme, if you don't like it feel free to change back to what you were using before, otherwise:

Welcome to Finity!

Sorry for the inconvenience if you actually hate the new theme and prefer our older choices.

Edited by Neobond
Schoolboy grammar error.

been using the new theme for a while and i like it a lot. Only issue i have is i still cannot use the blog settings page when in Finity.

Moved to the new skin (finity) when it was first released to the members, I love it - stylish and professional. The best forum skin I've seen.

Sorry for the inconvenience if you actually hate the new theme and prefer our older choices.

That would be me.

Shoving something on others in never nice. Information is the keyword.

Shoving something on others in never nice. Information is the keyword.

Check the other thread about removing the old skins, looks like that's going to happen!

This will also allow us to track how many people intentionally switch back to the old themes (as opposed to those that we given it as a default years ago and never switched to the Finity skins).

If enough people show an interest in the old skins then we may investigate what makes them popular with some members or what makes the Finity skins unpopular with some.

Well, the only skin that i like and find most usable is Swift Lite : )

never liked the new ones.. , but whatever, i'm probably the only one using that skin anyway : P

It could be that the choice was made before the default theme was set, therefore those people would of missed this fantastic update to Finity and might not even know it exists!

The Grammar Association of IRC would like to inform you that the correct word is "have", giving you "would have missed".

We thank you for your time and co-operation.

That explains why my spare computer had me running Finity. So I switched it back to Swift refresh. I just really prefer that theme. The new finity one looks nice and everything but for me its just blue. Or I should say swift refresh is a lot more relaxing

The Grammar Association of IRC would like to inform you that the correct word is "have", giving you "would have missed".

We thank you for your time and co-operation.

Really? Grammar correction? Really?

You do realise this is a website on the Internet right.

We need a Volcano where we can throw all the Grammar police.

Really? Grammar correction? Really?

You do realise this is a website on the Internet right.

We need a Volcano where we can throw all the Grammar police.

You, sir/madam, are overreacting. You're also wrong.

Helpful, you are not.

<Yoda type something />

Given that it's a public announcement, of sorts, from the top dog no less, I figured you would appreciate the pointer. I could go on to say that I guess I was wrong, but that remains to be seen, doesn't it? :)

Given that it's a public announcement, of sorts, from the top dog no less, I figured you would appreciate the pointer. I could go on to say that I guess I was wrong, but that remains to be seen, doesn't it? :)

I do appreciate it.

Edited.