Study finds Death link to too much red meat

...well, you all know what they say about arguing with someone across the Interwebs?

No Comment - I like to keep my warn-level right where it is, thank-you-very-much.

:whistle:

--ScottKin

...well, you all know what they say about arguing with someone across the Interwebs?

No Comment - I like to keep my warn-level right where it is, thank-you-very-much.

:whistle:

--ScottKin

I used to be the guy who told vegetarians to their face that the only protein they got was from guzzling other guy's semen, so you can go ahead and say whatever you like. I can't be convinced back to eating meat, because I've been on your side and I know from 3 years of experience that raw veganism is the way to go, regardless of how vegetarians are made fun of.

Yea, and you can die from drinking to much water as well. But I like poultry myself...and fish. I do like red meat as well, but mainly eat the other kinds of meat. I just prefer it..nothing to do with health really.

You are selectively argumentative. Arent you?

+1

Look you can find anything to prove your arugment using the web.

http://www.acsh.org/healthissues/newsID.76...ssue_detail.asp

Nutrition: How eating vegetables can be bad for you

Felix Cheung

Abstract

A vegetable-rich diet has been linked to a higher risk of obesity in Chinese people

Source

Now please stop boasting your self and be a normal member.

Edited by Pixil Eyes

It doesn’t matter your trying to debate something yet you just ignore all the evidence from the other side.

Two can play that game; the articles keep on coming and people who ascribe to the belief that animals are as intelligent as humans and thus should have rights. What a sad world we live in... It’s a shame they don’t think about this when they’re downing the Prozac

And poof all your evidence disappears, that’s not the way it works you can’t just ignore what everyone else is saying because you don’t agree with it.

If tour going to debate something grow up and behave like an adult .

The articles keep on coming and people still think meat is good for you. What a sad world we live in...
You keep posting and you haven't been banned yet. What a sad world we live in...

I used to be the guy who made fun of vegetarians. The guy who would say that vegetarians are a bunch of weak, frail pussies. I used to argue on your side when I was younger, until I realized I was completely wrong. It's not that I'm selectively argumentative, it's that I already know all the pro-meat arguments since I used to be just like all the people I'm arguing with right now.

And now your the guy making fun of meat eaters. You are no better than the next person my friend.

Let's run through some other examples of ideologic vegetarian extremism:

* It caused mental and growth retardation in two boys underfed from birth to ages 3 and 5. Their mother had become a vegetarian, later eliminated sugar and dairy products from her diet, and eventually adopted a macrobiotic diet (see "Peculiar Vegetarianism" ). 4

* Ten cases of nutritional rickets were reported among infants (most of whom were breast-fed) of strict-vegetarian mothers who had not sought medical counsel during pregnancy but had obtained advice from health food stores. 5

* Scurvy and rickets occurred in two boys, 11/2 and 21/2 years old, whose parents were adherents of the Zen Macrobiotic diet (see Peculiar Vegetarianism below). 6

* A 36-year-old former college professor attempted to become a " breatharian" ?one who supposedly feeds on air alone ?and died of malnutrition. First he became a vegetarian, then a fruitarian, then a " liquidarian" (consuming juices only), and finally, a would-be breatharian. 7

* A 2-month-old boy died because his mother, following the invalid recommendation for colic in Adelle Davis's Let's Have Healthy Children, overdosed him with potassium. 8 In a television interview, the mother said that, as she became increasingly estranged toward conventional medicine, she had adopted vegetarianism and then veganism.

* A 24-year-old woman who was head of San Jose State University's student art program died after taking an extract of pennyroyal to induce an abortion. She was described as "a strict vegetarian who was involved in holistic medicine." 9

Source

This doesn't affect government policy, politics or international relations so I'm going to move this thread.

[Thread Moved from RWI to Science]

And now your the guy making fun of meat eaters. You are no better than the next person my friend.

Source

Those are a bunch of lunatics. We raw vegans are not only mentally sound, we're healthier than all of them put together.

Those are a bunch of lunatics. We raw vegans are not only mentally sound, we're healthier than all of them put together.
The American Council on Science and Health (ACSH) is a scientific organization founded in 1978 by Dr. Elizabeth Whelan. It produces reports on issues related to food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health. Its core membership is a board of 350 physicians, scientists and policy advisors who review the Council's reports and participate in ACSH seminars, press conferences, media communications and other educational activities.

Take a wild guess who im going to side with

It doesn’t matter your trying to debate something yet you just ignore all the evidence from the other side.

Two can play that game; the articles keep on coming and people who ascribe to the belief that animals are as intelligent as humans and thus should have rights. What a sad world we live in... It’s a shame they don’t think about this when they’re downing the Prozac

And poof all your evidence disappears, that’s not the way it works you can’t just ignore what everyone else is saying because you don’t agree with it.

If tour going to debate something grow up and behave like an adult .

And thanks for ignoring my posts again .

Fail

Anarcho-Capitalist:

You're a vegetarian, and I'm fine with that. What I'm not OK with is you trying to convince people to become vegetarians when they don't want to hear it. I don't care about the facts or anything else. You shouldn't do it, much like you wouldn't expect me to try to convince you to eat meat.

Be a vegetarian and live a happy life. And don't bother people who don't want to hear about it.

It's fine to be a vegetarian, but if you're going to partake in an argument you have to realise people may disagree with you, and they may have reasons why. And ignoring things they say doesn't help your cause.

For example, pretending these teeth don't exist isn't a good way to bolster your argument.

Take a wild guess who im going to side with

I wasn't talking about the ACSH group who owns the website, genius. I was talking about the examples of people who were extreme in their veganism. Ugh, come on, guy.

It's fine to be a vegetarian, but if you're going to partake in an argument you have to realise people may disagree with you, and they may have reasons why. And ignoring things they say doesn't help your cause.

For example, pretending these teeth don't exist isn't a good way to bolster your argument.

I didn't say canine teeth didn't exist, I'm saying that the canine teeth in canines and the canine teeth in humans are entirely different kinds of teeth. They only have the same name because they are located in the same place in the mouth.

For example, Horses are herbivores, but they also happen to have canine teeth, as you can see below in this picture and documented on this link.

http://www.hanne.com/teeth-anatomy.html

post-285898-1237964998.jpg

How did Anarcho-Capitalist this turn into a "vegan is the only way to go" movement when the article talks about moderation of red meat?

How did Anarcho-Capitalist this turn into a "vegan is the only way to go" movement when the article talks about moderation of red meat?

Because people are ignorant to the fact that eating meat is unnatural to human beings and that no amount of moderation will rid us of disease that is entirely preventable.

Because people are ignorant to the fact that eating meat is unnatural to human beings and that no amount of moderation will rid us of disease that is entirely preventable.

Where is your proof? The article does not even support what you just posted.

It isn't unnatural.

Out closest living relative (the chimpanzee) is an omnivore, we are as well.

Yep, they even eat other monkeys, on occasion, but mainly subsist on plants.

As you can see, their teeth reflect this natural propensity for meat-eating.

Tell me, do these truly omnivorous cousins of ours have teeth that perfectly resemble our own?

post-285898-1237968200_thumb.jpg

I am a vegetarian myself, but you cannot classify red meat as meat in general. This study shows as most believed all along that red meat is bad for you as is all processed meats, however as doctors, dietitians and nutritionists have commented on this study they all agree white meats and fish are extremely healthy choices.

Yep, they even eat other monkeys, on occasion, but mainly subsist on plants.

As you can see, their teeth reflect this natural propensity for meat-eating.

Tell me, do these truly omnivorous cousins of ours have teeth that perfectly resemble our own?

Their teeth dont have to 'perfectly' resemble our teeth but I see incisors, canines and molars just like us.

I am a vegetarian myself, but you cannot classify red meat as meat in general. This study shows as most believed all along that red meat is bad for you as is all processed meats, however as doctors, dietitians and nutritionists have commented on this study they all agree white meats and fish are extremely healthy choices.

White meats and fish are healthier choices, but they still promote adverse health conditions in human beings. As a vegetarian yourself, you should know that even if you were to replace a person's meat choices with nothing but unprocessed, fresh white meat and fish, you'd still see people suffering from high cholesterol and heart disease, though to a lesser extent.

Their teeth dont have to 'perfectly' resemble our teeth but I see incisors, canines and molars just like us.

Ok...I'm going to try this again....

Would you say that these teeth, chimp and human, would be close enough to each other that you would say they have the exact same diet? Come on now. You can't seriously tell me those teeth are both suited for tearing flesh off a bone, you just can't. The differences are like night and day. Even the snout is more pronounced like that of a dogs in the chimp, because it has to dig deeper into a carcass.

post-285898-1237969769.jpg