How do you keep your LCD screens clean?

When I bought my newest LCD Tv, I got a pack of 50 wipes with some spray made just for LCD TVs free. This was around a year ago and after a little search for the brand, I cant find them anywhere. My TV is already getting a bit dusty and my laptop has some finger smears, so I thought Id ask what your preferences are :)

Do you have a specific product that you use/swear by? Or are you more of a clean it with household stuff kind of person?

I need some suggestions!

Go to PC World or a supermarket and get a spray speciafically designed for cleaning LCDs.. don't just spray anything on there :huh: and especially don't use water!! Water leaves marks behind and has things like Chlorine and Calcium in it which can damage the non-glare coating on your LCD screen! Don't use soap or any dish washing/clothes washing detergents.. Use a lint free cloth.. I use a cotton sock (one of those thick sporty kinds that I wore when playing footy :p) and its great coz leaves no threads or dust behind.. also do not spray anything directly on LCD screen EVER.. spray on cloth and rub that on the screen and make sure the LCD is off or you risk getting dead pixels.. and most importantly don't press hard!! Only just enf force needed to remove a smudge or mark.. Good luck and cheers!! ;)

I use a micro fibre cloth designed for glass. Works great on LCD monitor and Plasma tv :D I don't even need any spray because it works so well. It removes fingerprints as well as dust. I use Sabco but I don't know if they sell it where you are. You do have the wash the cloth every now and then (don't use fabric softener or you f*** it up) unlike disposable wipes though. Up to you.

I have LCD cleaning fluid, which I spray a couple of squirts to some kitchen roll then wipe away the grim. Then turn over pad I made and use dry part

to remove any moisture left over.

Don't spray the spray directly to screen then wipe off.

I just tell whoever comes within the vicinity of my LCDs that I reserve the right to break their fingers if they touch them. :laugh:

So far, they remain smudge-free.

I just tell whoever comes within the vicinity of my LCDs that I reserve the right to break their fingers if they touch them. :laugh:

I'm like that too. I've never understood why some people need to physically touch the screen in order to point at something.

Micro fibre cloth from the ?1 shop and the steam from your breath. Streak free results, and cheap as ****.

Also better for the environment:DD

I'm pretty sure every TV you buy comes with a microfibre cloth. So you could just use that!

I've bought 5 screens in the last 2 years, 2x Dell LCD monitors, 3x Sony LCD TV's. None of which came with a cloth.

Weird. I've bought Samsung TV's and LG TV's and they've always come with Microfibre cloths.

In fact the last 5 laptops i've bought all came with cloths too!

It probably depends on the material and/or quality. The cloths could be used to clean metal or glossy plastic if the device is made out of either.

Weird. I've bought Samsung TV's and LG TV's and they've always come with Microfibre cloths.

In fact the last 5 laptops i've bought all came with cloths too!

It probably depends on the material and/or quality. The cloths could be used to clean metal or glossy plastic if the device is made out of either.

For, no matter if it's a 22" lcd monitor or a 50" Plasma hdtv they all seem to come with these puny 10x10cm micro fibre cloths :( That's good for cleaning your glasses but for anything else it's to small. So I just buy much larger and better ones.

Micro fibre cloth from the ?1 shop and the steam from your breath. Streak free results, and cheap as ****.

Also better for the environment:DD

You can buy a kit from poundland for guess what? ?1.

It works fine.

You can buy a kit from poundland for guess what? ?1.

It works fine.

Chemicals from Pound Land on my ?2000 TV? I don't think so.

my dell e228wfp gets not the best cleaning i hav to confess. usually i use a microfiber towel, sometimes i just use a towel with a bit of water to clean it.

with my sony kdl40w4000 i dont use any liquid cleaning tools - it was too expensive and i dont want to risk damage anything. so i use this:

swiffer2.jpg

does the job pretty well.