Windows 7 build 7068 - Whats New...

Patience you must have, young Padawan. Even with Hyperspace, Fleet 64 will take another hour to arrive :laugh:

Besides, why don't you go and see for yourself?

<s>

*New icons

*New wallpapers

*New Logon Screen

*New User pictures

</s

People going crazy all over it :p

Logon screen is the same...

Patience you must have, young Padawan.

Besides, why don't you go and see for yourself?

I am on this build. I don't see any changes besides some of what rakeshishere said.

It seems faster! Some new themes. Still no Wireless driver for me though. My wireless driver was in the 6801 build but never seen of again!

Hey funkyblue, hope the desktop.ini bug is gone too. Any initial impressions, noticeable changes?

Just showed up where I would normally get hard to find stuff so it's only an hour's download for me.

Anybody think I should give up a perfectly stable XP SP3 on my one and only laptop for this or should I keep waiting?

Just showed up where I would normally get hard to find stuff so it's only an hour's download for me.

Anybody think I should give up a perfectly stable XP SP3 on my one and only laptop for this or should I keep waiting?

I'd wait until the official RC is leaked or released. :)

I'm leaving Beta 1 on my work laptop until RC1 is released.

Everytime a new build is released/leaked it is faster!!!:D WOW!! As faster as it gets Windows 7 will make my Pentium 2 run Crysis:D

I wish.

If Audigy works as it should... is victory! Other things wents ok before--- :)

Audigy is a legacy device now, time for an upgrade :D

It seems faster! Some new themes. Still no Wireless driver for me though. My wireless driver was in the 6801 build but never seen of again!

6801 was still using Vista stuff, to install you could of used a Vista Beta 2 key, they will have all drivers in final product especially for well known devices and alot of the drivers will be delivered through windows update which is one of there best features.

FIXED:

- Network discovery problem from 7057

- IE favorites page icon caching (it seems at least)

If memory leak with using mic that apered in 7057 is fixed it was already worth to reinstall :)

Whats new:

- dont care really :) i want stable system at this point not new goodies that will eventualy break something else ;< but yeh maybe it seems bit faster, certanly faster install, if system as whole is faster i need to actualy use it for more then 2h...

i'm pretty sure this is new; at least i've never seen it

when i was installing windows 7 onto a new (and empty) drive windows notified me that along with creating a partition, formatting and installing on the new drive, that it would also be creating an additional small partition to store widows files on in order to "run correctly"

it created a small 100MB partition and filled up 86MB of that partition

kinda wierd eh?

when i was installing windows 7 onto a new (and empty) drive windows notified me that along with creating a partition, formatting and installing on the new drive, that it would also be creating an additional small partition to store widows files on in order to "run correctly"

kinda wierd eh?

It's done that since... forever :p At least as far back as 6596. It installs the recovery PE environment.

kinda wierd eh?

No, this was also the case in previous builds. In 7000 it was 200MB, but 7048/57 reduced this to 100MB, so not new.

It's done that since... forever :p At least as far back as 6596. It installs the recovery PE environment.

mmmm i never saw it with 7000, 7022 or 7057 lol. my bad :p