Windows 7 build 7068 - Whats New...

Anyone know whats new in this build?

Only thing I can think of when I see you post is:

'One way to make someone sound less powerful is to put 'DJ' in front of their name'

'DJ Abraham Lincoln'

When i run the WEI ,AERO doesnt turn off now!!! Nice!!

61974514.th.jpg

also my games explorer is empty...!!

gamesulg.th.jpg

performance is EXCELLENT!!!

Pentium 4 3.6 ghz

3 gb ram

nvidia 9600 512 mb

mmmm i never saw it with 7000, 7022 or 7057 lol. my bad :p

It only happens if you let it create/format partitions. For me it never creates one because I'm installing 7 on a second partition. I get a 'Recovery' folder instead.

The Internet Explorer Jumplist and MRU list has two tasks in it, "In Private" and "New Tab"

The WMP flipped thumbnail when minimized bug is gone.

Hey guys,

Long time lurker here!!

Ok does the windows e, for explorer open lib. or my docs now??

Cheers

It opens Computer now (like it used to before). They removed the Win+E key for Libraries I think from 7048 onwards.

It seems faster! Some new themes. Still no Wireless driver for me though. My wireless driver was in the 6801 build but never seen of again!

i really doubt it any faster than 7057. we are so close to the RC coming in may i doubt too much more will be changed. i for one am skipping any further leaked builds and ill wait for the public RC.

i really doubt it any faster than 7057. we are so close to the RC coming in may i doubt too much more will be changed. i for one am skipping any further leaked builds and ill wait for the public RC.

It is faster. Don`t be envyyyyy :)

It is faster. Don`t be envyyyyy :)

im not envious of anything, if i wanted to download it i would but i choose to stick with 7057 and wait for a "official" RC. people going gaga over just some new wallpapers is ridiculous IMO!

7068 was able to complete the wei assessment which would not complete for me in 7057. i can now leave 7048 behind. :)

That is because you also updated your chipset drivers , didn't you? :p

I had that problem until Intel released new driver sets.

The half open limits gone up from 10 to 120!

Also the real 'Administrator' account seems to have been disabled .. easy to unlock though ..

and whats this about new wallpapers? .. I don't see any .. they seem to be the same as 7057 here.

I don't see any other major changes here ..

Actually you're dead wrong. All features have already been implemented, so basically what they're doing now is messing with the User Experience (for instance, add menus and dialogs and what not to the places where they think is appropriate), bug hunting (and of course, that also means performance tuning as well). Not only that, and there must be a ton of debug code running in leaked builds since they're NOT meant for us regular people to be using. I think you guys are going to see a very nice jump in performance in RC1 due to optimizations Microsoft is going to do to prepare for public usage and all the debug code that's going to be removed(if that hasn't happened already because 7068 outperforms 7057 by a long shot IMHO).

Ba'al if this build is lightning fast it is now possibly faster then your millenium falcon. I must install it and see if it does take me through some worm holes.

Seems to have fixed some of my wireless problems i've been having since 7048. When the network connection was under stress i would have to troubleshoot the problem which would then reset my wireless adapter to fix the drop out.

So far it seems pretty stable :)

Seems to have fixed some of my wireless problems i've been having since 7048. When the network connection was under stress i would have to troubleshoot the problem which would then reset my wireless adapter to fix the drop out.

So far it seems pretty stable :)

Yeah it recognizes my wireless adapter much better. During the install my WLAN switch turned green, it never had done that. I no longer see any problems with the network icon showing that it has no bars. The internet would still work of course, but it would show no bars in the network icon periodically, 7068 fixed it, at least for now. :)

In this new build:

* I used to have some crashes in Photoshop CS4... they`re now gone.

* Also an intermittent crash in 3D Studio 2009 is also gone.

* Everything seems faster, although it is not yet light speed (I wish :p)

* I still get a refresh problem when pasting cut files to a folder. But maybe that`s due to the *upgrade* process instead of a fresh install.

* My WEI ratings are now more compatible with the 7048 build, when they were higher

* Windows Media Center seems to have lots of structural changes regarding media management. Plus, as said before, there is a new animation when the program is starting.

Other than that, I can`t remember anything else.

Though there`s something that really bothers me in ALL builds: I have a RAID 0 setup but I still get album art being updated when Windows Media Player shows the library in Artist mode. Every time I play a file and go back to the artist view, it forgets the thumbnail cache.

The cache should be loaded up at the start of the application and be kept in memory as long as the OS is running :) I have 8 GB of memory, please use it Microsoft. :p

...the real 'Administrator' account seems to have been disabled .. easy to unlock though...

Wonder why? Microsoft wouldn't keep it like that for RC and/or final, would they?

How can it be unlocked?

Wonder why? Microsoft wouldn't keep it like that for RC and/or final, would they?

How can it be unlocked?

You just go into computer management>local users and groups, find the administrator account and enable it. They don't hide it or anything.. with UAC, there isn't really a need to have the administrator account available. It is there in case you need to enable it.. but I haven't needed it yet.

You just go into computer management>local users and groups, find the administrator account and enable it. They don't hide it or anything.. with UAC, there isn't really a need to have the administrator account available. It is there in case you need to enable it.. but I haven't needed it yet.

Cool good to know, Thanks. smiley_thumbsup.gif

I noticed something new. Normally i transfer my songs from one partition(Vista) to my current partition(Windows 7), well yesterday i copied my songs and today i noticed it didn't copy all my songs(i could've closed the window while it was transfer), anyways i then copied them to my current partition and realized it didn't tell me "There is already a file with the same name in this location" until after it transferred the songs that weren't copied. :rolleyes:

I've noticed that the Windows Backup program included has been improved (it can now actually SEE my network drive and it has been simplifed somewhat).