What the Wii would look like in HD

Looks good. Now they just need to incorporate some better texture scaling to make it look just that little bit better.

Just so people know, on the Metroid screen it's "split".

Left side is just upscaled, right side is running in an HD resolution. That explains the blurriness on the left hand side.

That looks very nice. It probably runs much slower than the PS2 emu, right? I mean, you'll have to have a very nice system to get running decently?

Well, if you look at some of the screens you can see the FPS. I have noidea what kidna hardware you'd need though.

I tried to download the emu, but I get a 403 when I try to :/.

Looks pretty good, not enough to get me to get it... I left emulations a long time ago (when I finally bought a PS2)

apparently you need to get homebrew channel on your wii and use some disc extractor tool from within there to get an image onto your pc or something

the forums over at dolphin-emu are really strict about not pirating stuff, but people usually just download images from torrents and stuff to play

also there are a few games which have no sound cuz theres no low-level documentation of the sound hardware of the wii or something

This has been going for a while, they've just started pumping up 'coding' again so have improved the speed a whole bunch, especially 64 bit I'm told. As it's so similar in architecture to the gamecube, it wasn't like they started from the bottom up. Instead they were already half way there.

Windwaker 720p :woot: (yes Dolphin does Gamecube and Wii)

i've heard it plays great 60 frames a second.

Windwaker 720p :woot: (yes Dolphin does Gamecube and Wii)

I have no clue if it's technically feasible, but I'd love to see some high-resolution texture swaps for GC/Wii games, like Rice's Plugin does for the N64 Emulators. That stuff is truly amazing.

Maybe it's just me, but my Wii already looks like the "HD" shots on my TV.

Trust me, it doesn't. I compared a game on the Wii (42" HDTV running in 480p) versus running on Dolphin in 720p and it's leaps and bounds better on the emulator. You really have to see it in motion.

Trust me, it doesn't. I compared a game on the Wii (42" HDTV running in 480p) versus running on Dolphin in 720p and it's leaps and bounds better on the emulator. You really have to see it in motion.

Yeah the games are getting a pretty big bump in quality depending on how far you push the emulator/your PC.

Higher resolutions/AA/etc.

I'm playing Persona 4 just now on my PC instead of through my PS2, and it looks "10x" better on my PC than it does through the TV.