Star Trek Into Darkness

Too soon for fighting more Romulans I say, but maybe with what happened in the first movie they've decided to strike out sooner compared to how it all went down in the original timeline.

Eitherway, most people are probably just expecting more klingons, i'll be happy regardless if the sequel is as good as the first one.

The hooking up of Spock and Uhuru was probably one of least favorite things in the last movie. I just don't see them as a couple. Plus, officers on the bridge don't act that way.

The hooking up of Spock and Uhuru was probably one of least favorite things in the last movie. I just don't see them as a couple. Plus, officers on the bridge don't act that way.

Agree. I think that was a mistake and 100% stupid.

Agree. I think that was a mistake and 100% stupid.

I don't much care about it either but i also think it plays it's part as a way to show how this is a new timeline/universe compared to the original. Though, and the more die-hard old school trek fans can point these out, back in TOS, there are a few parts in some eps that show some Spock and Uhuru development, though nothing that was built apon, kind of a tease. And actually from what I remember reading last year around the time of the new movie, back then the original thinking in TOS was for the Uhuru - Kirk kiss to originally be between her and Spock, but Shatner being Shatner, ya. heh.

• 5 months later...

Khan?

Variety....

Benicio wanted for 'Star Trek' villain

J.J. Abrams wants actor for Paramount sequel

Though most roles are cast in Paramount and Skydance's "Star Trek" sequel, the mysterious villain part was still available -- and now J.J. Abrams has made his choice.

Sources close to the project tell Variety that Benicio Del Toro is expected to be offered the part, possibly before the weekend is out. Insiders say Del Toro has met with Abrams but, in an effort to keep the role a secret, still doesn't know exactly what it is.

Par and Skydance had no comment on the casting process.

Abrams is back to direct with Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof penning the script. Abrams, Kurtzman, Orci, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, and David Ellison will produce tLhrough Bad Robot and Skydance Productions.

Production is expected to start in early 2012.

The Wrath Of Khan was, and still is, my favourite Star Trek story ever.

If they decide to remake it... they damn well better do it justice. Ricardo Montalban was

freakin' awesome.

• Like 1

The Wrath Of Khan was, and still is, my favourite Star Trek story ever.

If they decide to remake it... they damn well better do it justice. Ricardo Montalban was

freakin' awesome.

Edited for goats version was the best though :)

Delays related to Abram's work on both Super 8, Mission Impossible ? Ghost Protocol , and to avoid a head-to-head timing vs. the next Sherlock Holmes flick.

He sure is a busy guy, isn't he? I guess as long as a ST sequel is on the table somewhere and not completely forgotten.

• 3 weeks later...

Nemesis was released Dec 12, 2002.

Star Trek was released May 9, 2009

From and including: Thursday, December 12, 2002

To and including: Saturday, May 9, 2009

It is 2341 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 6 years, 4 months, 28 days including the end date

Nemesis was released Dec 12, 2002.

Star Trek was released May 9, 2009

Imho, there's no point in comparing the time between those two releases as they're not related in any way and besides that, Star Trek was virtually dead after Nemesis. Star Trek 2009 was supposed to reboot the series. What these releases should be compared to are previous ST movies with the same crew. The ones with the TOS crew released in 1979, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1989, 1991. There's a certain continuity here and no huge gaps. TNG had movies in 1994, 1996, 1998 and then when they had no ****ing idea what to do it suddenly took them 4 years to make the crappiest movie.

Of course, this might not make any sense but I'll use it as an argument once ST 2013 gets released (if it's crap).

All systems are go for the next Star Trek feature. StarTrek.com can now confirm that production will begin early next year on the 3-D adventure, which Paramount Pictures will release on May 17, 2013. As has previously been reported, J.J. Abrams will once again settle into the director's chair for the follow-up to Star Trek (2009).

Keep an eye on StarTrek.com for official updates about all aspects of the next Star Trek movie, including casting.

So, now that we have a release date, who do YOU think will be the villain? And where will the film take place?

It's official: http://www.startrek....-star-trek-film

Plus as far as ST:TNG films go, I don't even think Nemesis was really planned at all, only because DS9 and Voyager were doing so well, they chanced it (imo) cause Voyager ended in 2001 it gave fans something in 2002 as well as "Enterprise" (which I liked, apart from the whole Xindi crap, which really dragged on) :(

I really wish they'd continue the main universe with a new TV series or something. Hell, I'd even accept a web series at this point (plus that would be mega cheaper to produce) by Paramount.

I can see the main baddie in ST2 now though - the salt sucking monster thingie from TOS!!!!!

I really wish they'd continue the main universe with a new TV series or something. Hell, I'd even accept a web series at this point (plus that would be mega cheaper to produce) by Paramount.

I can see the main baddie in ST2 now though - the salt sucking monster thingie from TOS!!!!!

Nah, I'm thinking a Gorn:

It's best to wait because there's just so much coming out in 2012 and it does no one good, as fans, or justice, to the actors/studio to have it get stuck in the mix and not make enough money (which would hurt a future 3rd movie as well) because it's got other big names to compete with and people are forced to watch something else that could be just as good etc.

Of course ST has a huge fanbase so it should do good regardless but I'm sure the studio wants to shoot for a large return off of a movie that, with all the FX, could probably cost $150-$200 million to make.