Star Trek Into Darkness

Pegg is full of praise for Cumberbatch?s baddy, whom he describes [as] ?not just another disgruntled alien. It?s a really interesting? sort of? thing,? he squirms. ?Obviously I can?t talk about it.? While not wanting to get specific, Pegg did flatly deny reports and rumors that Cumberbatch is playing Khan?

?It?s not Khan,? replies Pegg, annoyed. ?That?s a myth. Everyone?s saying it is, but it?s not.?

http://trekmovie.com/2012/05/29/simon-pegg-reports-about-cumberbatchs-star-trek-sequel-character-a-myth/

Well include the good part cause he's 100% right when it comes to spoilers!

?It just spoils the film,? he complains. ?It masquerades as interest in the movie but really it?s just nosiness and impatience. You just want to say, ?Oh f? off! Wait for the film!??

Man I can't wait, i've must have watched the older and new movies over and over 10+ times so far. I know 2012 is looking like a busy year so it's best to release the sequel in 2013 but damnit, so long!

It does seem like a long time... I am not a Star Trek fan personally, but I really liked the movie and am very much looking forward to seeing this one. :)

The latest set of Star Trek sequel photos comes from Anjini Azhar, a young actress who is playing the daughter of Noel Clarke?s character, who is described as a "family man with wife and daughter" (the mother is played by Nanzeen Contractor).

k4tdn.jpg

"the mother is played by Nanzeen Contractor" Her last name is Contractor!?!?!? No way!

HvZV.jpg

While the frame remained mostly out of sight behind Abrams, the screen behind the director clearly shows a character with his or her face covered by some kind of mask, one that didn't appear anywhere in the previous "Star Trek" film. Since we don't have much context for the shot, it's difficult to say who might be under the mask, but from the looks of it, the character doesn't appear to be a member of Starfleet.

Can't wait :)

Just hope JJ cuts down on the lens flare effects. They were way to distracting in the first movie especially when on the bridge of the enterprise.

It'd be hard to have star trek, even this new reboot/alternate timeline/universe version and not have klingons. I don't know if they're going to be the main bad guys or not in the sequel but I expect to see a good chunk of them regardless.

Is this real?

Edit: Just seen - fan made, sorry!

If it's not someone needs to snatch this creator up quick, damn fine job of putting that together.

• 2 weeks later...

It is fan made the guys in the white lab coats are from alien resurrection.

4838-23127.gif

Thats Brad Dourif the guy with the clear visor on in the trailer.

it's clearly fan made, was even revealed as fan made the day it was released on the net

Well then they did one hell of a job

Forget arguments over whether the movie was good... I just really don't see the point of this.

They say they're going to use the story to address modern issues, just as the original series addressed issues of the 60s. But, whats the point of reusing the old characters, when the old characters were relevant to the 60s also? Chekhov was put in to make a statement about the Cold War, Spock addressed issues about the limits of logic because some people in the 60s wanted to criticize a rational approach to everything. Our culture is different today, we would need characters suited to address modern issues.

And that even aside, I don't see the point of reusing the old characters. Or doing this as a movie series rather than as a television series.

(I have no problem with the concept of a re-imagining in general, I'm kind of tired of fanboys wanting everything consistent with every version of Star Trek and trying to retcon everything to make sense just for the sake of consistency)

And that even aside, I don't see the point of reusing the old characters. Or doing this as a movie series rather than as a television series.

I think reusing old characters makes it easier to connect to the movie and what it stands for. If they came out with new characters that no one knew anything about the movie just wouldn't be the same. The original characters are easily to relate with, even regardless of new actors portraying them, specially given the already large base that knows them. As for movies rather then tv, well scify tv shows are costly and risk of not doing well. Movies, if it's good will offer a much faster return on the investment. Plus again new characters would be better introduced in a tv show then it would be for a movie.

All I know is Kirk > *, I don't care if they try to do what TOS did back in the 60s, I just want another Star Trek movie with the original crew. Besides, why wouldn't the original characters be able to be used to address modern issues anyways? Since this is a reboot there are also a few subtle changes to the characters I'd say. Or it could just be because it's different actors putting their own spin on them, either case it's fine to me.

• 2 weeks later...

At a promotional junket for Dredd, Karl Urban may just have let slip who Benedict Cumberbatch is playing in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek sequel. When asked by SFX what it was like having the Sherlock actor on set, Urban replied:

?He?s awesome, he?s a great addition, and I think his Gary Mitchell is going to be exemplary.?