Star Trek Into Darkness

Blah blah blah morons will love it blah blah blah

Stop trying to act like you know the first thing about cinematography and storytelling if you judge a film based upon a short teaser!

Teasers ALWAYS take action above how the film actually plays out. Fans of the first will see the second. The teaser and subsequent trailers are adverts to lure those who hadn't ay inclination to see this, and create awareness. How do you do that? In this instance you pitch it as a bombastic action movie.

May I remind you that the opening battle in the first new film featured quite a bit in the trailer. In fact, there was a lot of space-battle throughout the first film. Star Trek The Motion Picture opens with an action scene. Don't claim the "Star Trek isn't blowing things up" - one of the most viewed episodes of DS9 (thinking man's Trek) was the action filled "Way Of The Warrior".

Nero's ship used Borg tech.

He what now?

I think Generations was fine for what it was trying to say with it's story. I also for that reason like ST5 which gets hated on from time to time as well. I can't wait to see the full trailer on the 19th if that's true, should be great.

He what now?

It's not expressed in the movie, but the backstory on Nero's ship is that it was augmented with Borg technology prior to it's falling into the black hole and into the alternate universe.

He what now?

His ship was a simple mining vessel. It was augmented with Borg technology.

From Memory Alpha:

In the Star Trek prequel comic book miniseries Star Trek: Countdown, the Narada's advanced weaponry and appearance are explained as being the result of the ship being retrofitted with salvaged and reverse-engineered Borg technology. The Tal Shiar in the 24th century had been experimenting with Borg technology, and Nero's ship was the experimental vessel used. The Borg nanoprobes allowed the ship to grow and repair itself, and also take on a much larger and more menacing appearance. This information also appeared on the Blu-ray release of the film in the supplement section "Starships."

The writers have stated that Countdown, and then the post-release comics are actually canon.

Whether or not the Nero (post-Countdown) comic is canon however is still debated.

Countdown does point out the Borg technology information,and explains why his ship is so massive and can actually self-repair.

I'm fairly certain that you're not seeing Kirk in that bottom photo.

The sleeve appears to be Black which would fit in with us having seen BC wearing a black uniform earlier on.

However that does appear to be Spock (speculating due to finger position and color/symbol on uniform) so hmm...

Perhaps Sybok is the villain? We do know that Sybok was born before Spock, and that his birth would have still occurred even in the new timeline.

He would have been away from Vulcan according to what we know of the time-line by this point and still alive in the new universe.

The only reason I doubt my theory on this is that I didn't spot any pointed ears on BC at all...but it would make sense with the first shot they released being Spock vs BC, and all the mentions of family, and that it is 'one of their own'.

On the flipside of that it could also be Sam Kirk.

Man I wonder how long they can go before we find out for sure who it is? I think the best thing they can do is keep us guessing till the movie actually comes out.

The sleeve appears to be Black which would fit in with us having seen BC wearing a black uniform earlier on.

However that does appear to be Spock (speculating due to finger position and color/symbol on uniform) so hmm...

Perhaps Sybok is the villain? We do know that Sybok was born before Spock, and that his birth would have still occurred even in the new timeline.

He would have been away from Vulcan according to what we know of the time-line by this point and still alive in the new universe.

The only reason I doubt my theory on this is that I didn't spot any pointed ears on BC at all...but it would make sense with the first shot they released being Spock vs BC, and all the mentions of family, and that it is 'one of their own'.

That's an interesting theory. I wouldn't be surprised if there's more than one villain in the movie.

Man I wonder how long they can go before we find out for sure who it is? I think the best thing they can do is keep us guessing till the movie actually comes out.

We'll have to wait until they release the full teaser trailer. If we're still scratching our heads, then chances are they'll keep the villain(s) a secret until the movie is released.

Well I certainly hope they are not repeating the same deal as ST 2 where Spock dies because that would not be cool.

Well I certainly hope they are not repeating the same deal as ST 2 where Spock dies because that would not be cool.

I hope not as well. Zach did make a remark about moving on from Spock, but later said it was taken out of context.

I do know that the primary cast did sign a 3 film deal...but that doesn't come into play if they decide to kill off a character.

I hope not as well. Zach did make a remark about moving on from Spock, but later said it was taken out of context.

I do know that the primary cast did sign a 3 film deal...but that doesn't come into play if they decide to kill off a character.

Killing Spock or any of the main characters would be completely stupid on their part. I hope that's not the case for the sake of the franchise. Hardcore Star Trek fans are already ticked off at the idea of Trek becoming a Michael Bay-type of film. Killing Spock or any of the main characters would certainly tick them off for sure.

It's way too early to talk about killing off any of the main cast, and besides killing Spock has been done already. I really doubt the writers want to reuse old plot points exactly the same. Thus the above picture in the trailer is different to STII but enough of it is also the same that it's more of an homage to STII really.

If the sequel rakes in the big $$$ the first one did or more I doubt any of the actors will want to be quick to "'move on'" from their places. Also when doing a big franchise reboot like this I think it's now the norm to have them sign 3 movie deals from the start.

It would shock if they killed Spock which is maybe what they'll go for. I just think JJ is teasing us that Benedict is Khan but he will turn out to not be

Damn, was so hoping Khan would be in this but Pegg said awhile back that he wasn't a villain. Well, maybe he'll be in Part 3.

I guess to Mart's point, I don't really hold any of the movies to the same standard because of the format change alone. I also agree that JJ's approach is still more Star Wars with a Trek skin than what Gene did.

As such, that teaser was pretty cool.

It would shock if they killed Spock which is maybe what they'll go for. I just think JJ is teasing us that Benedict is Khan but he will turn out to not be

Pegg said earlier this year that Khan was not going to be the villain but you never know.