Star Trek Into Darkness

I hope the Enterprise-A in this universe looks a lot better than the current eye sore....

All I'd really change is to spread the nacelles out just a bit more since they look kinda squished together. Other than that, it's fine.

• Like 2

Cumberbatch's eyes aren't naturally that blue...

I may be inferring too much, but most "generically modified" ideals were based around the "blue eyes"...

You're right. I think his eyes look that way in some pictures but in the movie, he'll have his natural pale green eyes. Also, I think you meant "genetically modified". :p

All I'd really change is to spread the nacelles out just a bit more since they look kinda squished together. Other than that, it's fine.

The nacelles really ruin the ship for me. They just don't look "natural" at all.

Enterprise crashing down? Again? Bah, there will be a new one because the first rule of Starfleet is 'There always will be an Enterprise'

As long as there are letters left there will be a enterprise. On that note I dunno if we'll get a 1701-A version so soon, maybe at the end or for movie 3 they could do it. It depends on how trashed it really is or isn't.

Whoops! EW has spoilt the Villain secret!

Are you surprised? I am not surprised at all, not one bit, that he is indeed Khan. There are just way too many things that indicate he is indeed Khan.

For example, in the trailer he tells Kirk: "...Enjoy this moments of peace, for I have returned to have my vengeance."

Vengeance against who? Kirk? Spock? The whole Federation?

Also in the new Super Bowl ad, he tells Kirk: " I am better...At everything."

If you guys are hardcore Star Trek fans and you have seen the original series and movies thousands of times like I have; On the original Khan episode, "Space Seed", Khan told Kirk he was better than him and McCoy told Kirk the same thing and also told him that Khan was stronger, more intelligent.

Maybe I am wrong, but I get a feeling that this Khan came from another timeline, and the new Kirk of course, doesn't have a clue who he is because he has not met him yet. You gotta remember people, the effects of the first movie's timeline alteration are not fully known yet. What IF Khan has been somehow brought back to the new Kirk timelime? After all, when Reliant exploded, Genesis was created, Spock was reborn, and Khan? Yes, he died in the explosion of the Reliant, right? - Or did he?

If Spock's molecules were reborn, what makes you think Khan wasn't reborn too? Spock did say in ST3 that if the Genesis device is detonated where there is life, such life would be replaced by its new matrix.

I don't know. I am assuming. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe not. It's gonna be interesting to see where this guy came from and who he really is and why he is coming back (from where?) to get his vengeance (against who?, Kirk?)

Whoops! EW has spoilt the Villain secret!

Are you surprised? I am not surprised at all, not one bit, that he is indeed Khan. There are just way too many things that indicate he is indeed Khan.

For example, in the trailer he tells Kirk: "...Enjoy this moments of peace, for I have returned to have my vengeance."

Maybe I am wrong, but I get a feeling that this Khan came from another timeline, and the new Kirk of course, doesn't have a clue who he is because he has not met him yet. You gotta remember people, the effects of the first movie's timeline alteration are not fully known yet. What IF Khan has been somehow brought back to the new Kirk timelime? After all, when Reliant exploded, Genesis was created, Spock was reborn, and Khan? Yes, he died in the explosion of the Reliant, right? - Or did he?

If Spock's molecules were reborn, what makes you think Khan wasn't reborn too? Spock did say in ST3 that if the Genesis device is detonated where there is life, such life would be replaced by its new matrix.

I don't know. I am assuming. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe not. It's gonna be interesting to see where this guy came from and who he really is and why he is coming back (from where?) to get his vengeance (against who?, Kirk?)

How the &@#&%*^@#% did Khan go from Indian to British!? :pinch: If indeed he is an augment, chances are he's just one of Khan's goons. Alternate timeline or not, it still doesn't explain his change of ethnicity. The events of his "demise" in 1996 are still unchanged, since they happened before Nero's arrival.

I agree. From the angle shown they look terrible.

Maybe the designers realized that and that is why they decided to destroy the ship on this one, so they can re-design it all over again.

Vengeance against who? Kirk? Spock? The whole Federation?

If you guys are hardcore Star Trek fans and you have seen the original series and movies thousands of times like I have; On the original Khan episode, "Space Seed", Khan told Kirk he was better than him and McCoy told Kirk the same thing and also told him that Khan was stronger, more intelligent.

This probably won't have anything to do with any of that. In ToS the crew of the Enterprise first encountered Khan and then exiled him to the planet where they found him again in The Wrath of Khan. This Khan is likely to be the alternate universe Khan, and the events in the movie will be a different first encounter, changed from the events in the television episode, not a variation of the second encounter in the movies. That's why Kirk won't know who he is yet; he will be meeting him for the first time. Having Khan in this movie will be introducing him much sooner than he should have been, however, unless this movie takes place several years after the last one. I'm not sure if that's intentional or an oversight and wonder if they'll even bother to try to explain that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see it.

ewkhan.jpg

I think that EW article that says he is indeed Khan is a fake. Look what I just found at the official EW website:

abwSTy23.jpg

By the way, the speech bubbles I added for humor but the article is real. Go check it out yourselves. They say his name is John Harrison, not Khan.

This probably won't have anything to do with any of that. In ToS the crew of the Enterprise first encountered Khan and then exiled him to the planet where they found him again in The Wrath of Khan. This Khan is likely to be the alternate universe Khan, and the events in the movie will be a different first encounter, changed from the events in the television episode, not a variation of the second encounter in the movies. That's why Kirk won't know who he is yet; he will be meeting him for the first time. Having Khan in this movie will be introducing him much sooner than he should have been, however, unless this movie takes place several years after the last one. I'm not sure if that's intentional or an oversight and wonder if they'll even bother to try to explain that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see it.

I bet this movie takes place 4 years latter, since it's coming 4 years after the first one. I bet the writers matched it up just the same. This probably brings us close to their 5 year mission end, if that still is the case.

I bet this movie takes place 4 years latter, since it's coming 4 years after the first one. I bet the writers matched it up just the same. This probably brings us close to their 5 year mission end, if that still is the case.

It takes place ~ 6 months later. They've said in multiple interviews.

"Without any insular knowledge of star dates, my understanding is that it?s roughly six months since the end of the first movie to the Nibiru mission of the new movie." - Damon Lindelof

I really love this guy's work. He did a damn good job with this.

Now that's a ship worthy of the name Enterprise!