Star Trek Into Darkness

Just ordered a Star Trek movie uniform, which should arrive in time for the midnight showing next week. Too geeky?

Just ordered a Star Trek movie uniform, which should arrive in time for the midnight showing next week. Too geeky?

Never too geeky :p

By a country mile. :D

May I kill this movie for you? Check the balls! It is the Vengeance that is crashing in the trailer :)

ven.jpg?psid=1

Very nice observation. I guess Enterprise is not going to be the only going down the San Francisco bay after all.

Very nice observation. I guess Enterprise is not going to be the only going down the San Francisco bay after all.

I've seen the TV spot where you see a ship crash into the water a few times now and I realised that it is indeed the enemies ship because of where the nacelles are located. The enemy ship they are quite far apart while the Enterprises nacelles are quite close to each other and bulky.

I thought Cumberbatch's character wasn't supposed to be Khan or that other guy with the super powers. I thought he was supposed to be someone completely new. When did that change?

I thought Cumberbatch's character wasn't supposed to be Khan or that other guy with the super powers. I thought he was supposed to be someone completely new. When did that change?

I don't really believe IMDB anyway, they post some weird stuff up

I didn't expect that they'd have someone else reading the off-screen lines to the actors and not the actual actors who should be doing them in the movie. I also found it interesting how they basically shoot the whole movie out of order (as with every movie), so much so that till the movie gets premiered even the actors don't know how it looks.

Well, just came back from the midnight screening, to sum it up; loved it. Some things could have been done better, some things I didn't quite like but overall it was a great flick with plenty of action, a heart and some great special effects. Do yourselves a favour and go see it!

Nice videos Rappy Hum. Very intereseting.

mmmm Zoe Saldana... :shifty:

Edit: Sorry Hum! <3

Nice videos Rappy. Very intereseting.

mmmm Zoe Saldana... :shifty:

I think you mean Hum? :p

I think you mean Hum? :p

Yes, I did mean Hum. I must have mixed it up with your previous comment which I read (again) right before posting.

Yes, I did mean Hum. I must have mixed it up with your previous comment which I read (again) right before posting.

I'll take praise :p

[No Spoilers]

Just got back from seeing it. Simply put, it was excellent. There were plenty of nods to previous Star Trek series (TOS, DS9, ENT) and films, while the plot really played up the idea that this timeline is its own. As you'd expect, it helps to have watched the previous TOS films. Benedict Cumberbatch was superb, just as the trailers had suggested - easily a better adversary than Nero in the previous film. And I was chatting to some of the other people at the showing and we agreed that we thought it was clear where they will take the next film.

Anybody with an interest in sci-fi should definitely see it. :yes:

[No Spoilers]

Just got back from seeing it. Simply put, it was excellent. There were plenty of nods to previous Star Trek series (TOS, DS9, ENT) and films, while the plot really played up the idea that this timeline is its own. As you'd expect, it helps to have watched the previous TOS films. Benedict Cumberbatch was superb, just as the trailers had suggested - easily a better adversary than Nero in the previous film. And I was chatting to some of the other people at the showing and we agreed that we thought it was clear where they will take the next film.

Anybody with an interest in sci-fi should definitely see it. :yes:

Hey if you feel like PM'ing me and letting me know who Cumberpatch actually played, you know who he is, new villain or old etc I'd totally appreciate it. My friend saw it tonight also but he won't spill the beans, and I hate him.

Some asshat put some spoilers for the movie on another forum I go on, at least I assume they are, I can't see the movie for a few weeks and its eating away at me.

Is

Harrison, Khan?