Star Trek Into Darkness

Enough with the 3D. When will that horrible fad die? 3D doesn't add anything to adult films IMO, it, in fact, takes away from them. Kids films in 3D are okay because kids enjoy that kind of cute stuff, but it is total **** with live action films.

I havn't seen any adult films in 3-D but the thought of those boobs coming at me would be good...

Oh...you mean as in "movies for people older than children" :p

I thought the Borg were perfect in First Contact and then in Voyager (hell the Borg in that Enterprise episode also).

Of course, having Janeway and co. pwn the Borg every other episode kinda got lame. Though truth be told they never really "owned" the Borg, they usually just escaped by the skin of their teeth or something. Then again in Endgame they did "own" the Borg lol

Target the lead Borg cube, fire transphasic torpedos!

I thought the Borg were perfect in First Contact and then in Voyager (hell the Borg in that Enterprise episode also).

Of course, having Janeway and co. pwn the Borg every other episode kinda got lame. Though truth be told they never really "owned" the Borg, they usually just escaped by the skin of their teeth or something. Then again in Endgame they did "own" the Borg lol

Target the lead Borg cube, fire transphasic torpedos!

they did have the tech from the future though to assist them. It's not like they beat them with there own weapons.

Yes it was tech from the future, but brought into the past/present which is now part of that timeline. So they have transphasic torpedos and batman-whatever armor thingie. Of course, the Borg adapted to them so they are kinda useless. But I'm also pretty sure one transphasic torpedo could totally pwn a Klingon bird of prey or some other lame alpha quadrant ship lol

I seriously hope that Star Trek Online lets you outfit some of the ships with those weapons and technology. That would truly make the Trekkie in me happy.

But regardless, unless they do literally an origin story on the Borg for Star Trek 2 I don't see how the Federation could ever defeat/subdue the Borg in the 23rd century with the technology they have. In fact, since the Nirada HAD Borg technology and they totally wiped the floor with the Federation AND Klingon fleets. So, there :D

I havn't seen any adult films in 3-D but the thought of those boobs coming at me would be good...

Oh...you mean as in "movies for people older than children" :p

The current 3-d fad isn't about eye popping in you face close enough to touch visuals. It's all about adding depth to the image on screen to make it look more immersive.

I've sen a few 3-d films recently and although at first I was disspointed by the lack of scenes with characters jumping out of the screen I soon saw the beauty of having the 3-d visual on screen. There is no doubt that it brings a picture to life (IMO I guess).

This Avatar thats coming out should show whether its worthwhile or not and if it rocks (visually I mean) I'd be all for ST2 to be 3-d.

But no borg please. lets keep the generatinos apart for now. Maybe some time travel back to 1930a USA or something - that would kick ass. (joke, joke!!)

Heh, Regeneration was just on (the Enterprise episode with the Borg) damn that was a good episode.

Oh how I miss "You will be assimilated, resistence is futile"

Heh, Regeneration was just on (the Enterprise episode with the Borg) damn that was a good episode.

Oh how I miss "You will be assimilated, resistence is futile"

one of my favourite quotes :D

Yes it was tech from the future, but brought into the past/present which is now part of that timeline. So they have transphasic torpedos and batman-whatever armor thingie. Of course, the Borg adapted to them so they are kinda useless. But I'm also pretty sure one transphasic torpedo could totally pwn a Klingon bird of prey or some other lame alpha quadrant ship lol

I seriously hope that Star Trek Online lets you outfit some of the ships with those weapons and technology. That would truly make the Trekkie in me happy.

But regardless, unless they do literally an origin story on the Borg for Star Trek 2 I don't see how the Federation could ever defeat/subdue the Borg in the 23rd century with the technology they have. In fact, since the Nirada HAD Borg technology and they totally wiped the floor with the Federation AND Klingon fleets. So, there :D

should of used those weapons in the dominion war, then they would've kicked butt big time.

Yes it was tech from the future, but brought into the past/present which is now part of that timeline. So they have transphasic torpedos and batman-whatever armor thingie.

Ablative Armour generator. Technically they already had Ablative Armour in Starfleets current arsenal, the Defiant had ablative armour layer on its hull.

This alternative time line sort of messes with my mind. I wonder how they would account for Jean-Luc and the future Enterprise following the Borg back in time to First Contact? Maybe in this timeline Kirk and Company follow the Borg back in time?

See, here's where I am confused...

Anneka Jansen + folks on trip to Delta quadrant studying unknown creatures (Borg)

Parents killed, Anneka assimilated - 7 of 9

Borg are introduced in theory in a TNG episode where entire civilizations are being taken away, mostly along the Neutral Zone

Q introduces NCC1701D to the Borg

Borg now aware of Federation

Borg attack Federation

WOLF359

Borg not successful

Borg attack Federation again (ST: First Contact)

Attack not successful

Borg + NCC1701E go back in time and meet Marty McFly

In history: Borg send interpasic beacon back to their quadrant alerting other Borg, but will take a LONG time to be received

In history: NCC1701E destroy Borg

In history: Some debris/survivors burried in Arctic

In history: Survivors awoken by Enterprise crew

In history: Survivors attempt to alter other Borg but fail (did they escape or destroyed)

Voyager stranded in Delta quadrant

Voyager encounter Borg

Truce

Voyager shaft the Borg, 7 of 9 joins voyager

New Borg queen

Back and forth between Voyager and Borg

Janeway from future kills Borg

Is that even vaguely right?

This alternative time line sort of messes with my mind. I wonder how they would account for Jean-Luc and the future Enterprise following the Borg back in time to First Contact? Maybe in this timeline Kirk and Company follow the Borg back in time?

The way JJ and the other producers have stated, everything (mostly) that happened in the Prime timeline will happen more or less the same in the new timeline, minus a few minor details (like Spock having sex with Uhura I guess lol).

That being said, at this point that future hasn't happened yet since it's a new timeline so Q hasn't sent the Enterprise-D (or whatever ship it is in the new timeline) to meet the Borg, and Ent-E hasn't gone back in time to stop the Borg from preventing First Contact. Still, the Borg are out there and still a major threat, and to ignore that story possibility is stupid imo.

Now, whether or not the Borg from First Contact still exist in the new timeline is another thing totally. If they do, then the Enterprise (NX-01) episode events still happened exactly as we saw them and they sent the message that brings the Borg into the timeline normally (as it was that message that originally told the Borg about the Federation, not Q).

Yes, it messes with your mind :D

See, here's where I am confused...

Anneka Jansen + folks on trip to Delta quadrant studying unknown creatures (Borg)

Parents killed, Anneka assimilated - 7 of 9

Borg are introduced in theory in a TNG episode where entire civilizations are being taken away, mostly along the Neutral Zone

Q introduces NCC1701D to the Borg

Borg now aware of Federation

Borg attack Federation

WOLF359

Borg not successful

Borg attack Federation again (ST: First Contact)

Attack not successful

Borg + NCC1701E go back in time and meet Marty McFly

In history: Borg send interpasic beacon back to their quadrant alerting other Borg, but will take a LONG time to be received

In history: NCC1701E destroy Borg

In history: Some debris/survivors burried in Arctic

In history: Survivors awoken by Enterprise crew

In history: Survivors attempt to alter other Borg but fail (did they escape or destroyed)

Voyager stranded in Delta quadrant

Voyager encounter Borg

Truce

Voyager shaft the Borg, 7 of 9 joins voyager

New Borg queen

Back and forth between Voyager and Borg

Janeway from future kills Borg

Is that even vaguely right?

That's mostly correct yes, but the Borg from First Contact never activated the beacon and never sent the message. It was the Borg from the 22nd century that actually make the Borg aware of the Federation. The episode of TNG where Q "introduces" the Borg to them, the Borg were ALREADY on a course to Federation space remember.

Oh and Janeway from future didn't "kill" the Borg. She disrupted the hive mind and killed the current Queen (which we know from First Contact etc they just pick a new one). The Borg survived just fine (minus a transwarp hub).

That's mostly correct yes, but the Borg from First Contact never activated the beacon1 and never sent the message. It was the Borg from the 22nd century2 that actually make the Borg aware of the Federation. The episode of TNG where Q "introduces" the Borg to them, the Borg were ALREADY on a course to Federation space remember3.

1: I thought they did albeit for a brief period?

2: The episode of Enterprise? This is when the Federation first became aware of what we later find out is the Borg. Rumours were spoken of, hence the Jansens setting out to track them down.

3: Yup, exactly, and they had already been messing about stealing civilisations like I said :)

The Borg survived just fine (minus a transwarp hub).

They did?? Cool!

No according to the movie they never activated it, it may have sounded like they did (which it did) but they didn't lol

The Queen turning around really fast to the camera shows she was concerned about what just happened on the hull.

Yes the episode of Enterprise "Regeneration". If you watch the episode (which I just did yesterday lol) there's a scene with Adm. Forrest that's kind of interesting. It's like, they knew about the Borg, before hand already. Which, considering Section 31 was put into the series, it COULD be possible they knew about the Borg from Zephram Cocraine's incident during First Contact. You know the whole "oh he's just nuts and drunk" publically but behind closed doors "damn we gotta watch out for information about cybernetically enhanced beings from deep inside the galaxy!" sorta stuff :p

And of course the Borg survived at the end of Endgame! the Queen died remember, but that sphere kept going after Voyager even after the Queen died. They just pick a new Queen and move on lol minus the transwarp hub that got explodeded.

The way JJ and the other producers have stated, everything (mostly) that happened in the Prime timeline will happen more or less the same in the new timeline, minus a few minor details (like Spock having sex with Uhura I guess lol).

I can't be the same. I mean, the planet Vulcan was destroyed and there were only a few survivors. The Vulcan people are one of the leaders of the Federation. That means the further into the future you go the more things has to change. Future diplomats who helped stop major wars will not be born, for example. That one thing changes everything.

I can see in this timeline the Vulcans becoming only bit players.

Yes but "major" events like V'Ger and the Whale probe and things like that will still happen regardless of the new timeline because they are meant to happen. Of course there are going to be some differences between the secondary timeline and prime timlines, but things that we remember that are huge events will still happen...at least according to them.

Yes but "major" events like V'Ger and the Whale probe and things like that will still happen regardless of the new timeline because they are meant to happen. Of course there are going to be some differences between the secondary timeline and prime timlines, but things that we remember that are huge events will still happen...at least according to them.

Of course it will. It's sci-fi and you can make anything work out in a sci-fi universe. :D

I'm waiting for the obvious New-TOS crew meets the Old/New-TNG crew in an epic race to defeat the Borg who have taken Captain Sisko hostage and turned him into....Locutus2.

If you read the latest update to the Star Trek Online MMO timeline (dated 2389 I believe) you will find they specifically mention that the Enterprise-E under the command of Captain Data detected several residual signatures from Species 8472. Among other tidbits of information of course.

But that's the game. Though, I'd love to see Species 8472 in the next movie, that just seems impossible for two reasons.

1. Species 8472 would wipe the floor with Starfleet of the new Trek Universe

2. The Federation has no clue about Species 8472 in this new Universe (unless you are going to assume things work out in the end and Voyager does get lost in the same way down the road in the Delta quadrant etc etc but still that would be over a century later)

Plus, the Borg would just be dumb. Think about it. Yes they had the Borg in during Enterprise's time, but that was much more easily dealt with because the Borg could only use the tech available to them (as is the case with any Borg really). But now we have a full on Federation/Starfleet with advanced ships and stuff. If the Borg just came from the Delta quadrant, they'd rape Earth pretty quick I'd imagine. Unless, unless you have a special "kill Borg" clause in the movie, where Picard shows up with Data and beats them by putting them all to sleep.

Starfleet isn't exactly at war with Species 8472, the species left Voyager on neutral relations, so them coming out just to blow up Starfleet would be stupid.

Starfleet isn't exactly at war with Species 8472, the species left Voyager on neutral relations, so them coming out just to blow up Starfleet would be stupid.

Sure in the movie sense, especially in the new timeline.

But in the game it makes sense as we never really knew what Species 8472 was going to do after that epsidoe on Voyager where they found them imitating Earth and Starfleet. Bringing them in as a possible enemy (or ally) is good imo for the game as it really connects all the shows together without disregarding stuff from Voyager to much.

I think it's much more plausable honestly they will bring them in as allies against the Borg. But, eh what do I know I don't write game storylines, especially MMO's :D

I can't be the same. I mean, the planet Vulcan was destroyed and there were only a few survivors. The Vulcan people are one of the leaders of the Federation. That means the further into the future you go the more things has to change. Future diplomats who helped stop major wars will not be born, for example. That one thing changes everything.

I can see in this timeline the Vulcans becoming only bit players.

In the world of Star Trek the time line has been messed with so many times anything is possible. Keep in mind that if you're watching say First Contact that the events of JJ's Star Trek have already happened. The Vulcan we all know and love can simply be the new colony the Original Spock has found for the survivors. Go watch Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Vulcan looks different.

Isn't sci-fi great? You can change anything you want and still keep going forward. I foresee Big Willy Shatner in the next flick and they'll somehow explain that when he was sucked off the Enterprise B by the Nexus and he was shot back in time somehow and ignoring some of the events in Generations.

I think the borg is premature.

but klingons or maybe soongs kids, ya know kahn and co. will be new enimies. JJ HAS to do Kahn somehow.

then there is the folians(sp?). this is from the first series. so you should be thinking along those lines...

Sure in the movie sense, especially in the new timeline.

But in the game it makes sense as we never really knew what Species 8472 was going to do after that epsidoe on Voyager where they found them imitating Earth and Starfleet. Bringing them in as a possible enemy (or ally) is good imo for the game as it really connects all the shows together without disregarding stuff from Voyager to much.

I think it's much more plausable honestly they will bring them in as allies against the Borg. But, eh what do I know I don't write game storylines, especially MMO's :D

I always thought that if we seen 8472 again, it would be an alliance between them and the Federation against the Borg. After all, Janeway proved that they had no hostile intentions towards species 8472/