[US/GUNS] Concealed/Open Carry: Do you support?

US CITIZENS ONLY PLEASE  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support concealed & open carry laws?

• Absolutely. Yes.
    • Positively. No.
    • Other.

This poll/topic is meant for US citizens only. I do not want to turn this into the classic "guns are bad, mmkay" discussion which usually originates from those living outside the US.

---

Those of you who follow me around the forums probably know by now that I am an avid gun supporter. As far as I am concerned, gun laws presently are too restrictive. I believe the general public should be as well armed as our military and will happily debate this subject with anybody who wishes to via private chat. However, that's not the point of this topic.

Speaking specifically to US citizens, here is a question. Do you support concealed carry and open carry laws? Pretty straight forward and to the point. Please vote in the poll and clarify your answer in a reply.

I personally support concealed carry and open carry laws. It's a fundamental right for me to protect myself and those around me in a worse-case scenario. I carry a Glock 32 .357 Magnum on my ankle at all times along with an extra magazine. I also pressure those around me to take the proper courses, acquire the government mandated permit (which I am strongly against), and to carry a gun as well.

So what do you think? Please vote. I am looking forward to the responses.

Also, if you presently conceal carry, please share. What gun, why, and all related info. =)

Yes.

I don't carry. I'm thinking about buying an XD9 at some point.

(Yes, even some of us liberals like guns.)

Edited by Marshalus

Buy a Glock, instead. More reliable. The XD9 is well made and is a pretty good handgun, though. I just encourage the Glock as a personal preference.

Yes, I supported it for responsible people only....I will be getting a firearm in a month or so and will also be taking the class to get a CW permit. It will mainly be secured at my house and be used for home protection.

I also have a permit that I received through my state. I also carry a Glock 36. I love the gun. Believe me, I would never want to use it on a person. But that option is there if I absolutely had to. I used to carry it more than I do now, but I was also more puny back in the day, lol. Now I'm kinda badass, I'd probably just break your face if you were close enough to me. Nah, I'm not really that tough. But I can pretend. I'm glad I saw this topic, I should really go to the range and practice some more. I've not shot the thing in months!

Edited by Yorak

I also have a permit that I received through my state. I also carry a Glock XD9. I love the gun. Believe me, I would never want to use it on a person. But that option is there if I absolutely had to. I used to carry it more than I do now, but I was also more puny back in the day, lol. Now I'm kinda badass, I'd probably just break your face if you were close enough to me. Nah, I'm not really that tough. But I can pretend. I'm glad I saw this topic, I should really go to the range and practice some more. I've not shot the thing in months!

Springfield makes the XD9

Springfield makes the XD9

Lol yeah, just noticed I wrote that when I was re-reading the topic. I read about the XD9 above my post, and for whatever reason, it stuck in my head. I have a Glock 36. I've used XD9's before. They are nice, but didn't fit my hands very well.

$5 says the majority of those voting 'NO' are ignoring my request that this remain a US only poll and that they're from outside the US.

---

Notice none have said anything.

I support it - but it bugs the crap out of me that you're still not able to carry on college campus or at most places of employment. I don't carry guns due to work restrictions. It's just not worth having to deal with all the crap.

I have however been looking in to collapsible steel batons. With some training they can be used just as well for self defense, and I think I could get away with hiding it on my person at work.

I don't carry guns due to work restrictions. It's just not worth having to deal with all the crap.

<more stuff>

and I think I could get away with hiding it on my person at work.

I've decimated your reply but I wanted to reply specifically to these two things.

#1: What your boss doesn't know won't hurt them. That is why I carry my Glock on my ankle. I wear pants at work. Restricted or not.

#2: Ankle holsters solve the problem.

As a former member of Law Enforcement I endorse this 100%. The citizens have a right to protect themselves as the Police normally only show up after the fact. I carry at all times.

Now I am absolutely positive of it. The UK people are manipulating the vote. They're not respecting the US only position of this poll. <very sad>

Back on topic, Gary7, what is your primary and backup if I may ask?

Edited by ~ Rogue ~

I carry a Springfield Armory 1911 TRP on my back, an extra magazine in my left boot, Springfield Armory XD Subcompact in my right boot, and a Knight Armory PDW in the trunk of my car in a lockbox. All carried for work as a Corporate Executive Security Agent.

Now I am absolutely positive of it. The UK people are manipulating the vote. They're not respecting the US only position of this poll. <very sad>

Back on topic, Gary7, what is your primary and backup if I may ask?

They're not respecting the US only position of this poll. <very sad>

And this surprises you?? :rolleyes:

You should have given everyone else their own poll question.

Didn't think I would need to considering the poll and topic specifically say that I'm interested in US opinion, only. Aw well. Back on topic. =)

You really can't believe that anyone from the US would vote 'no'? Maybe they're not answering you because they're scared of you. Or they don't want you to attack them for their view. Do you stand around polling stations asking people why they voted the way they did?

You really can't believe that anyone from the US would vote 'no'? Maybe they're not answering you because they're scared of you. Or they don't want you to attack them for their view. Do you stand around polling stations asking people why they voted the way they did?

You are not from The US and yest you posted in this topic. Count the votes vs posts.

I absolutely support open and concealed carry. I carry a CZ-75 P-01 Compact, and I have a plain jane CZ-75 Compact as a backup. I also keep a Mossberg 590 Persuader at home for defense. As for the reason I carry and keep a shotty loaded at home: I live in a neighborhood that is not far from a bad area of town, and have seen/heard of several shootings and robberies in my area. Also, my city's homicide rate is up considerably over the past few years - I'm not going to be a statistic.

I'm also a trap shooter, and a military firearms collector.

I'm also a member of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. It's just asinine to say that Virginia Tech's outcome (for example) would not have been any different had students been allowed to carry on campus.

I don't attack others for their view but I do request that they explain it and allow a counter argument to be made. Are you afraid of me? :p

No, I don't.

And I was born and raised and still live in the US.

Why don't you support it?

I absolutely support open and concealed carry. I carry a CZ-75 P-01 Compact, and I have a plain jane CZ-75 Compact as a backup. I also keep a Mossberg 590 Persuader at home for defense. As for the reason I carry and keep a shotty loaded at home: I live in a neighborhood that is not far from a bad area of town, and have seen/heard of several shootings and robberies in my area. Also, my city's homicide rate is up considerably over the past few years - I'm not going to be a statistic.

I'm also a trap shooter, and a military firearms collector.

I'm also a member of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. It's just asinine to say that Virginia Tech's outcome (for example) would not have been any different had students been allowed to carry on campus.

I keep a Remington 870 at home and carry a Glock 32 concealed. I am debating about starting to carry my Desert Eagle openly, though. I like your style, by the way. =)