• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Help] Name of PNG site

Question

pylesj    0

Me and Fubarshibby have decided to work on a site deticated to PNG creation, and hosting. I know there are 1000's of PNGs that have been made on this site, and we plan to host all of them, and organize them into categories. If you would like to help let us know, but what we need is a name for it. No ideas yet. So help us name this site. We will also have software for PNGs for use. Like ObjectDock, and Y'z Dock and stuff. So yeah. HELP! Lol. if someone has posted a name you like, then please let us know, we want this sorta like a poll/vote.

Josh

gigapixels    99

yes help us please :D i know a lot of people will love having a site like this so anything would be appreciated!

kylejn    0

PNGpong.com

That's assuming that "PNG" would be pronounced as "ping." I've never actually heard it said out loud, so I have no idea how to say it. :D

intensityx    0

I'm not trying to discourage your idea, but I suggest you do not host graphics that others have created unless you have the creators permission to do so. Most artists have fair use policies on their websites or included with their work which explicitly prohibit such distribution.

pylesj    0

Of course we would have their permission. It wouldnt go under our name, it would go under theirs. They would upload it. Think of it as a themexp.org for PNGs. LOL. I say it ping.

Josh

gigapixels    99

that's what we plan to do... and it would be something like deskmod where they can submit pngs or packages of pngs. it won't be like we just go and take them and slap them on the website... don't worry, we got it covered...

edit: lol it looks like josh and i are on the same wavelength right now :p

intensityx    0

Ok guys... Sorry to sound like I was preaching, but I've seen a lot of sites pop up that do host images without permission or without giving credit to the artist.

What you guys are planning sounds like a great idea. Best of luck :) ...and I hope you guys have access to a lot of bandwith :cool:

pylesj    0

oh yes. We arent worrying about that. I have an excellent host.

Josh

Semental    0

If you want me to, I will help you with your website however I can. How about www.PNGsite.com? I like www.PNGpong.com better.

gigapixels    99

don't worry i know what you mean... did you see that one ad at the top of neowin a couple weeks ago that was using one of foood's icons? i emailed him and showed him lol i was kinda ****ed that they would do that...

anyway, names, people, names! ;)

Sn00pY    11

PNGExpress :D PNGNetwork :D PNGPics :D

*Shrugs*

gigapixels    99

hmmm...i'm likin PNGnetwork...

intensityx    0

PNGrepository.com

PNGdepot.com

Rocker    0

www.pngnetwork.com <--------- (I like that one too) :)

www.pngworkshop.com <---and this ;)

gigapixels    99

*bump* :D :devil:

BTallack    0

'ping' is the proper pronounciation of PNG (which stands for Portable Networks Graphics)

Radix    0

PNGFACTORY.COM

sounds good ;-)

gigapixels    99

oooh... i like the PNGfactory...

gigapixels    99

i think what we're gonna do - i have to talk to josh about this - is him and i will pick our top favorites and have a vote... but in order to do that, we need more names ;) thanks so far...

ChaosofChange    0

PNGfactory sounds.... eh, at best. Its been done before, (not png factory, but every damn thing else factory), network is the same way. Hmmm, so far I have to say that PNGPong is the coolest and most original. Need some more time to think on it.

Oh and are you guys still taking applications? Sounds like a fun project, and stuff.

gigapixels    99

lol of course we're taking "applications" just email me and josh about what you think you can help with and you'll most likely be on the "team" ;)

gigapixels    99

uhhh... bump? i dunno if i'm supposed to do this too much... or if i'm not waiting long enough...

edit: OOOH OOOH! how about "neopng" lol jk...

Aaron    27

www.rippng.com?

Aaron    27

www.pnging.com?

+StevoFC    21
uhhh... bump? i dunno if i'm supposed to do this too much... or if i'm not waiting long enough...

edit: OOOH OOOH! how about "neopng" lol jk...

you're not supposed to "bump" at all...

gigapixels    99

i dunno i'm confused... why do people say that then? i've seen it when a topic has gone dead for a while and it needs to be seen...