Windows 7 Build 7077 Due Today/Tonight

I wish people would stop posting their illegal torrent progress percentages and download speeds. So pointless...

Then is your system really ready for Windows 7? I'm not saying it won't run decently, but still...

my eee pc 1000H is 32bit and it runs windows 7 great.

cause im installing it on a single core netbook.

I'd forgotten that most netbooks use single-core CPUs. My bad :)

Just because you people don't use the 32 bit version doesn't mean that others shouldn't use it.

Someone pm me the tracker from russian download link, This speed from sweden is crap and it still isn't back on russian site yet. Thanks.

(Y) I don't really understand why people download and use the x86 version.

has this thing to do with ... choice

I wish people would stop posting their illegal torrent progress percentages and download speeds. So pointless...

shield thine eyes oh king

Someone pm me the tracker from russian download link, This speed from sweden is crap and it still isn't back on russian site yet. Thanks.

The russian tracker is down; torrent is deleted from it. It's also in the 'swedish' torrent.

(Y) I don't really understand why people download and use the x86 version.

ROFL, I hope you're kidding. There are many reasons, netbooks and notebooks being one of them.

In my case, I have 3 GB of RAM and a decent dual-core AMD64 CPU. But it makes perfect sense to stick with x86 if you don't have over 3 GB of memory...

Yeah, it's completely pointless, and yes, I was thinking the same. I doubt many people would use Windows 7 on a computer that isn't 64 bit capable.

Wrong again.

You can use x64 with less than 4GB of RAM. The only reason for x86 as of now is netbooks.

Well yea ofcourse, but why would you do that really? I don't think the speed gain you get (if you do) is enough to justify the use of x64. And then there's my stupid printer drivers...

ROFL, I hope your kidding. There are many reasons, netbooks and notebooks being one of them.

In my case, I have 3 GB of RAM and a decent dual-core CPU. It makes perfect sense to stick with x86 if you don't have over 4 GB of memory...

Okay, fair enough for netbooks. But given the choice I would have thought you may as well install the x64 version on any 64 bit capable machine, as long as there's no hardware issues.

i use x64 at home and x86 on my netbook.

also the torrent i found has the tag neowin on it, rofl.

I saw that too :p

Only 0.849 available, will it continue to download till 1.000 is available?

You can use x64 with less than 4GB of RAM. The only reason for x86 as of now is netbooks.

That's not the point... x64 can utilize over 3.5~4GB of RAM which is one of the main attractions. But if one only has 3 GB, I don't see the merits in switching. Especially since compatibility wise 32-bit applications STILL dominate. Yes, I know 64-bit compatibility is almost perfect, but the market is still in 32-bit, applications are still being written in 32-bit. Maybe in a year or two, 64-bit will become mainstream.

...compatibility wise 32-bit applications STILL dominate.

And all 32-bit apps I've dealt with work as expected in my 64-bit install.

And all 32-bit apps I've dealt with work as expected in my 64-bit install.

Try my printer driver...

I tried the x64 version many times, but for some reason on my Dell inspiron 1525 notebook - intel t2390 processor, 2 gigs of ram - the x86 runs much better. X64 could slow down for some reason and pushes my blood pressure into the sky.

I run 7068 x64 on a machine with 2GB and there is absolutely no difference between x86 and x64 on that machine. All x64 does is addresses more memory past 4GB, it doesn't hinder performance under 4GB.