The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

The wireless support is much better now. The available networks screen looks cool and works great!

The popup blocker is also working perfectly. This doesn't "feel" like a beta at all.

I am a Beta Tester fro this software, I Have downloaded it and when i try to install it when it checks my Configuration it just closes and pops up with setup could not verify integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer.

So were can you download the download manager at?

Please Note: Windows XP SP2 does not nor will it ever contain a Microsoft IE Download manager. The Download management feature is currently only part of Windows Longhorn M5.

It is not expected to feature in SP2.

Okay then. Where can I download the download manager in the screenshot on the last page?

That is the Download manager at Betaplace & Windowsbeta that Microsoft use's to distribute BETA's to official testers. It can only be used at Betaplace by official Microsoft testers and only works with Files Microsoft choses to distribute with it.

Leebobs

hrm, anyone got a UXTHEME for this?

also, i have found winupdate v5 seems to be giving me an error

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

You may wish to try one of these sources for more information about Windows Update:

Support Information

About Windows Update

Windows Update Home Page

Error Number: 0x80070422

any ideas?

Edited by DigitalDJ

Did anyone else notice this? Its cool!

[edit] I am a retard. That is always there when you open .tif files. You can flame me for my stupidness now...

Which visual style is that? :)

[edit]

Damn, just downloaded xpsp2-express.exe and now it tells me I have to uninstall my current SP2 installation. But I can't, because I used my home-made XP CD with SP2 slipstreamed :(

Is there any way to avoid this stuff and just install it?

Edited by rb338

I have a question before i install it to test it, where it says "180 Day License

Prerelease Version of Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Windows XP

Professional or Home Edition " does that mean it stops working after 180 days? or did i miss read something somewhere? :huh: