Recent forum downtime

We experienced some prolonged forum downtime over the last hour or two. While we do have the forum back up now, one of our servers went down yesterday. Currently we are working on 4 servers out of 5, and we have only half capacity on our Apache servers as a result.

The forum is back for now, and we will monitor the situation carefully. I'm working full time at the moment to isolate any issue besides our lack of capacity that could cause the issue. We hope to have our server back soon, but we don't want to put a faulty server back into service.

As always, thanks for the quick notice and fixing of the issue. Anytime there is ever problems with Neowin, it's always fixed within hours. Kudos!

+ 1 Kudos!

Thanks (Y)

There is just one problem I still notice. The "Latest Forum Post" Rollover menu doesnt work. Im using Shift and when I rollover the forum button it says "Latest Forum Posts" and thats it, no results under it like there use to be.

Just was letting you devs know incase it is a server sync error or just my side.

Tested in Opera, Chrome, Firefox. Nothing.

There is just one problem I still notice. The "Latest Forum Post" Rollover menu doesnt work. Im using Shift and when I rollover the forum button it says "Latest Forum Posts" and thats it, no results under it like there use to be.

Just was letting you devs know incase it is a server sync error or just my side.

Having same problem here using Shift and Firefox. Also happens in IE7.

That will remain that way until the other server is back online, it's a side effect of the syncing code having nowhere to sync to.

Ah I see. Thanks for the reply Dave. I was thinking that too. Lucky us. The server that goes down is the server for the quick menus!

Just take your time guys. Its not a big deal.