How can I download Win XP SP1a?

I don't want to use Windows update, or the SP1a Express installer.

What I want is the Windows XP SP1a Network installer but can't seem to track it down anywhere.

I don't want to use Windows update, or the SP1a Express installer.

What I want is the Windows XP SP1a Network installer but can't seem to track it down anywhere.

:blink: Aaaaand the reason you aren't using XP SP3 is...? You won't find SP1a anymore. Microsoft stopped supporting pre-SP2 versions of XP. Get SP2 at least.

:blink: Aaaaand the reason you aren't using XP SP3 is...? You won't find SP1a anymore. Microsoft stopped supporting pre-SP2 versions of XP. Get SP2 at least.

It's for a really old computer that hasn't got a network connection and SP3 comes up with an error saying that I should install SP1a first.

It's for a really old computer that hasn't got a network connection and SP3 comes up with an error saying that I should install SP1a first.

SP1a is a bare minimum requirement. You can install SP2 instead, and then install SP3 on top of that. It'll still work. :)

Odd, I didn't realise that SP3 required SP2 or SP1. Weird. Then again, XP @ RTM is now completely unsupported.

What's weird too, is that the SN on my boxed copy of Windows XP RTM doesn't work on a Windows XP SP2 CD. :(

Odd, I didn't realise that SP3 required SP2 or SP1. Weird. Then again, XP @ RTM is now completely unsupported.

So is SP1/SP1a.