Deadly new flu strain erupts in Mexico, U.S.

Smooth buddy come on, do you really think a wall in the border is going to stop a pandemic at all, regardless of the country where it originated from having borders with the US or not? remember the bird flu virus a few years ago originating in China? dude come on! :p

Smooth buddy come on, do you really think a wall in the border is going to stop a pandemic at all, regardless of the country where it originated from having borders with the US or not? remember the bird flu virus a few years ago originating in China? dude come on! :p

i dunno but i know when and if this sucker hits where i live, i will be pulling my kid out of school. half of her class is mexican. im not trying to be racist but this really worries me. i think we all knew someday there would be a another worldwide pandemic.

A wall won't help, but I have a bad feeling about this.

by wall, i meant they should stop the immigrants from coming in for right now. im not sure if it would help or not? but they need to contain this beast before it gets out of hand.

I'm a little worried working in the medical field. I get so ****ed off when people near me that are sick, cough and don't cover their mouth.

Tell me about it! I'm in the exact same situation; I also work in the medical field and it does have me really worried.

i dunno but i know when and if this sucker hits where i live, i will be pulling my kid out of school. half of her class is Mexican. I'm not trying to be racist but this really worries me. i think we all knew someday there would be a another worldwide pandemic.

Bro viruses spread from person to person, it will go to every part of the globe in just few weeks if it indeed becomes a pandemic through airports, international railways etc, you can't stop a virus by building walls, and the fact it originating in Mexico does not mean Latinos are the ones with the most chances of infecting others, once it becomes a pandemic, ANYBODY can be a potential transmitter.

Is not originated in Mexico, please educate yourself before making those kinds of comments, the new inlfuenza virus is originated here in SD, but Mexico city was where the infection has grown more rapidly

Immigrants or not, people traveling to and from will bring the flu around.

well if this thing gets out of hand as they predict, they will limit or restrict travel to other countries.

I get so ****ed off when people near me that are sick, cough and don't cover their mouth.

Same. Although it looks stupid I really wish we was more like Japan in that if you have a cold/flu whatever you wear a face mask.

Is not originated in Mexico, please educate yourself before making those kinds of comments, the new inlfuenza virus is originated here in SD, but Mexico city was where the infection has grown more rapidly

i go by what i read on the news, stop taking it so personally.

Tell me about it! I'm in the exact same situation; I also work in the medical field and it does have me really worried.

Yeah, I have always paid attention who around me is sick and avoid them if I don't have reason to go near them...I am now SERIOUSLY watching people that are sick, if they seem sick, even a little cough, I go the other way.

well if this thing gets out of hand as they predict, they will limit or restrict travel to other countries.

They honestly should start that now to be safe and prepared.

i go by what i read on the news, stop taking it so personally.

Yes my friend but you can't think you can go out and make direct statements about a specific race or country and expect people from that race/country not to take it personally; I'm pretty sure you did not mean it that way; but it's the way you said it that can be offensive if you know what I mean :)

Yeah, I have always paid attention who around me is sick and avoid them if I don't have reason to go near them...I am now SERIOUSLY watching people that are sick, if they seem sick, even a little cough, I go the other way.

I'm really worried as patients often do not cover their mouth when they are sick and come to you to greet you and many times even expect you to kiss them/hug them etc, specially those who become close to you etc.

Thank you, I'm Mexican and i feel kinda insulted by some people in this thread.

In other words, the government in Mexico is doing all they can to stop this or at least control it, there are checkpoint in airports, theres no school until May 6th, and other actions that will stop the virus for becoming pandemic.

Yes my friend but you can't think you can go out and make direct statements about a specific race or country and expect people from that race/country not to take it personally; I'm pretty sure you did not mean it that way; but it's the way you said it that can be offensive if you know what I mean :)

I'm really worried as patients often do not cover their mouth when their are sick and come to you to greet you and many times even expect you to kiss them/hug them etc, specially those who become close to you etc.

Yeah my boss a week or so ago, was sick with a sinus infection, coughed near me, didn't cover his mouth. I got sick a day later for a few days. I still have a cough, was ****ed/still am.

Everyone makes fun of me because I've started washing my hands more and more, they blame it on my OCD, but it's not.

I'm coming to the point if someone I know is sick, I am not hanging out with them. Until they are better.

Yeah my boss a week or so ago, was sick with a sinus infection, coughed near me, didn't cover his mouth. I got sick a day later for a few days. I still have a cough, was ****ed/still am.

Everyone makes fun of me because I've started washing my hands more and more, they blame it on my OCD, but it's not.

im a germ a phoebe myself but as i said this thing has me worried sick about my kids.

and to all of you who think im being racist im not, i just said i heard it originated in mexico and it is a fact that the states have more latino immigrants than we can handle, especially where i live. you can't blame me and some others for being worried.

Thank you, I'm Mexican and i feel kinda insulted by some people in this thread.

In other words, the government in Mexico is doing all they can to stop this or at least control it, there are checkpoint in airports, theres no school until May 6th, and other actions that will stop the virus for becoming pandemic.

im glad you government is doing what they can, i wasn't trying to be racist man but come on if this thing gets out of hand who do you think they are going to blame. :pinch:

I've gotten sick this friday.still am actually.got high temperature and cough.

Hopefully its just a regular cold.

it probably is just the regular flu virus, colds don't usually give a high fever. i do know the flu is making it's rounds where i live to, thank god may is usually the end of the flu season here in the states.

Nothing to worry about. If your going to get sick your going to get sick. There are too many factors for a human to control. You could spend your whole day disinfecting your envroment but you will still get sick.

If your body does not build up immunites while you are young, if you get sick when you are older you are more likely going to die from something basic such as a common cold.

im glad you government is doing what they can, i wasn't trying to be racist man but come on if this thing gets out of hand who do you think they are going to blame. :pinch:

Yeah but you said half of the population where you live are latinos, so to begin with they where there already, so theres no point, theyre like you, like somebody said, latinos or mexican arent the only carriers, and if you mean for illegals inmigants, consider this, if you had a fever of 39? C (102.2? F) would you still consider walking in the desert for days?

And i don't think they aren't checking people in the boarder...

Blame a country for a new strain Swine flu that is already treatable?

Nobody in the US has died from this, and only one person has needed hospitalization. It is unfortunate that people in Mexico are dying from this virus, but in the grand scope of things more people die worldwide from pneumonia and the standard flu variations. It isn't a big deal. Apparently the media just wants a new SARS, which this "swine flu" isn't even remotely closed to at this point.