Deadly new flu strain erupts in Mexico, U.S.

yeah, ok.... are you a doctor? :rolleyes:

in the time that 86 people have died from this 1,000's would have died from the regular flu.

Why dont you make a big deal out of that?

Didn't we do the same thing when the "bird flu" started sweeping the world? I mean sure I am worried, mainly for my kids' sake, but still

The bird flu didn't start sweeping the world. It had the potential to (and it will be much much much worse than what this swine flu will probably turn out like, which will still probably be terrible).

Didn't we do the same thing when the "bird flu" started sweeping the world? I mean sure I am worried, mainly for my kids' sake, but still

H5N1 couldn't spread from human to human, H1N1 can.

jeez man it's everywhere now. :blink:

That's the issue with such a globally connected world. People travel before they know they're infected.

Can you guys imagine just coming from a vacation in Mexico? Forget how freaked out you'd be, imagine how much people would try their hardest to get the **** away from you.

I keep wondering if this flu is such a big deal, seems that 3rd world countries will suffer much more than 1st world and that's obvious but with treatment the disease seems to be quite normal.. am i wrong?

I keep wondering if this flu is such a big deal, seems that 3rd world countries will suffer much more than 1st world and that's obvious but with treatment the disease seems to be quite normal.. am i wrong?

You have a great deal of people in the US without health insurance. Sooooo while other people can get sick and go to the doctors, the people without health insurance are not going to spend a dime and go.

I'm from Cancun and everything seems normal here, no confirmed cases, even though I read some NYC students who were infected had come from a trip here.

You have a great deal of people in the US without health insurance. Sooooo while other people can get sick and go to the doctors, the people without health insurance are not going to spend a dime and go.

you can still go to the doctors even if you dont have insurance. At least 85% of the US has health insurance anyways, so its not that massive of a number the media likes to pretend it is.

you can still go to the doctors even if you dont have insurance. At least 85% of the US has health insurance anyways, so its not that massive of a number the media likes to pretend it is.

you know even if it is 85% that's still 45mil people without it

so um.. how did the people in NY get this?

Can you guys imagine just coming from a vacation in Mexico? Forget how freaked out you'd be, imagine how much people would try their hardest to get the **** away from you.

The next time someone asks if I'm ok after I'm coughing my brains out for three hours straight, I'll go and say .."Oh yeah I'm ok, I just caught this silly little Swine Flu crap that's been going around." Then I'll time how fast it takes for them to run in the other direction.