• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Easy CD 4.0 in Windows XP!

chrismage    0

According to this, the latest Application Compatibility Update allows Windows XP users to use Adaptec Easy CD 4.02 without having to upgrade to Roxio 5. M$ finally figured out that most cd burners come with 4.0, and 5 costs too much to go out and buy (and let's face it, XP's builtin burning "capabilities" should be called disabilities)

freeza    11

i've been using easy cd creator 4.02 w/o the patch just fine :)

chrismage    0

i heard that it caused major problems (aspi layers and whatnot) when you ran 4.0 in XP. did you remove the windows xp aspi layer by hand or something? it couldn't have run straight out of the box.... even 5.0 needed a patch from adaptec.

freeza    11

i didnt install anything cept for the main app, no direct cd, no take two no any of that crap.

it was originally version 4.01 or 4.0 then i downloaded a patch to update it to 4.02 worked fine for me w/o any problem at all.....infact im still running it now.cept i downloaded a patch to make it 4.05 which is doin good so far ;)

samo123_uk    0
Originally posted by chrismage

According to this, the latest Application Compatibility Update allows Windows XP users to use Adaptec Easy CD 4.02 without having to upgrade to Roxio 5. M$ finally figured out that most cd burners come with 4.0, and 5 costs too much to go out and buy (and let's face it, XP's builtin burning "capabilities" should be called disabilities)

would be good if windows update wold work for me!

mortensen    0

I've not seen 5.0 mentioned as software that ships with CD burners. NERO is quite a common choice now. Do they actually ship 5.0 Lite with any CD burners?

samo123_uk    0
Originally posted by mortensen

I've not seen 5.0 mentioned as software that ships with CD burners. NERO is quite a common choice now. Do they actually ship 5.0 Lite with any CD burners?

probably some drives but not many i doubt