Windows 7 7100 RC - Basic and High Contrast Themes Problem

Hi all,

I Just upgraded my Windows 7 7077 installation to Windows 7 7100 RC yesterday. I'm having a strange issue after that upgrade.

Before upgrading 7077 to 7100 i enabled the classic theme and there was no problem. But after upgrading to 7100 i can't switch to classic theme. Aero is always enabled. When i select the classic theme it first appears and then aero comes again.

What is happening ? Please help.

I tried so many things to solve this but i couldn't suceeded.

Thanks for your help.

It may be because you upgraded instead of a clean install. Some people have unforeseen problems after upgrading. I had no issue upgrading from 7000 to 7057 to 7068. But 7068 to 7077 caused several problems. Those problems disappeared after a clean install.

It may be because you upgraded instead of a clean install. Some people have unforeseen problems after upgrading. I had no issue upgrading from 7000 to 7057 to 7068. But 7068 to 7077 caused several problems. Those problems disappeared after a clean install.

Thanks for your reply, but is there any way to reset all the theme infrastructure and reset all the settings ?

thanks.

Sorry, like the poster said, you shouldn't of upgraded, and Microsoft said to avoid doing it because you create a new of problems which then people send back and hurt the testing phase of the product.

• 2 weeks later...
No help ?

Thanks.

Clean Install. All should be well.