Ridley Scotts "Prometheus" (2012)

God, Hollywood Originality is really LOST!!! :|

I don't see the problem tbh as long as its the original team doing it and it has a good story there really isn't a bad thing that could go wrong.

They should instead Reboot Uwe Boll's retarded video game movies, and maybe with a Great director like Ridley Scott the Video-Game Movie industry will be REDEEMED!!!

The Alien series broke when Ridley Scott left, maybe he could fix it. I'd much rather point him at Asimov's Foundation series, though. Ridley would do it right. :)

They should instead Reboot Uwe Boll's retarded video game movies, and maybe with a Great director like Ridley Scott the Video-Game Movie industry will be REDEEMED!!!

Quite possible but I doubt it because Uwe probably owns the franchises.

The Alien series broke when Ridley Scott left, maybe he could fix it. I'd much rather point him at Asimov's Foundation series, though. Ridley would do it right. :)

No way, Aliens 2 (James Cameron) was the BEST movie in the Aliens saga!!!

No way, Aliens 2 (James Cameron) was the BEST movie in the Aliens saga!!!

Ok, I did enjoy Aliens, but it just didn't have the horror feel to it. I've always been a big fan of British sci-fi/horror. (I loved Event Horizon!) :)

Being Horror/Scary is just hard to produce anymore

Thousands of horror movies come out claim to scare the hell out of you, but doesn't really scare you at all.

Especially these Jason/Mike Myers reboots, it just kill people, the horror effect is done to Death.

God, Hollywood Originality is really LOST!!! :|

Honestly, I think we're reaching the point where almost everything has already been done, especially in Scifi. Every story-line has become a clich?. It's just a matter of rehashing old stuff with more modern style.

about ****ing time we got Ridley re-invested! He's not a kid anymore, either.

nice discussion here, but let me lay down the law for you kids. We need to have the Space Jockeys back in the story, and we need colonial marines minus the goofy helmets. Alien 4 was bad, they made it into a grotesque horror flick with none of the style and commentary of the first three. It was too satirical - i mean, Wal Mart bought Weyland-Yutani?!

My fave is by far Alien 3, the uncut edition as mentioned above. Aliens was my fave as a kid, it's an awesome movie, but 3 has so much more wit to it. The last AvP wasn't bad at all. R rated, and plenty of nods to the previous movies in the Aliens franchise. It was really about the aliens, with the preds in support.

carry on now.

nice discussion here, but let me lay down the law for you kids. We need to have the Space Jockeys back in the story, and we need colonial marines minus the goofy helmets. Alien 4 was bad, they made it into a grotesque horror flick with none of the style and commentary of the first three. It was too satirical - i mean, Wal Mart bought Weyland-Yutani?!

What Alien 4?

As for the AVP movies, their biggest failure was making them PG13. They were also way too short to include any kind of suspense build up.

Edit: Oh, I forgot about Resurrection. That movie was Meh.

I'd defiantly like to see some new characters attempt to find out answers. But maybe the audience never gets a definitive one.

This is wikipedia summary:

The concept art on the DVD is pretty cool.

Nice summary that would have been a cool movie. Shame it was never made. There were a lot of little things in Alien 3 that annoyed me.

While his was good I liked James Cameron's better. First was really good though. I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to scary movies so I'd definitely agree the 1st was more suspenseful and scary. Probably why I liked the second better, seemed like more ass kicking. :$

about ****ing time we got Ridley re-invested! He's not a kid anymore, either.

My fave is by far Alien 3, the uncut edition as mentioned above. Aliens was my fave as a kid, it's an awesome movie, but 3 has so much more wit to it. The last AvP wasn't bad at all. R rated, and plenty of nods to the previous movies in the Aliens franchise. It was really about the aliens, with the preds in support.

Oh man no way you just said that :laugh: The first AVP was good the last one, ugh... it could have been a special sci-fi edition of The Hills or whatever the kids are watching these days lol. Although the part where the aliens head got shot off and the blood melted the kids face below = wicked.

Robert Rodriguez reboot of Predator makes me seriously worried... :|

Predator as it is, is an absolutely classic movie. They should just leave it alone.

Predator 2 was better than the original imo.

"He's in town, with a few days to kill". :)

Alien 3 (not the theatrical edition) is a great, and underrated, film, and my second favourite of the franchise behind the original, but the 2nd AvP was just terrible, horrible stuff. It wasn't even B-Movie quality, more like a D-movie at best.

Edited by Lannister

you guys should re-watch AvP 2 as the Alien appreciators you are...you'll see it's just a homage to the entire series, from the national guard getting wiped in a total recreation of Aliens to the "get to the chopper". I'm not saying i LOVE this movie, it certainly wasn't the greatest, but it was clear where the Strauss bros were coming from and i appreciate it.

And i don't think it was cheap looking at all, why do people repeat that? Plus, it was R rated, not PG-13, that was the whole point!

no need for a reboot of the series, just remove the last movie from the series and that be that. the first movie is the best imo, then just goes downhill from there

you guys should re-watch AvP 2 as the Alien appreciators you are...you'll see it's just a homage to the entire series, from the national guard getting wiped in a total recreation of Aliens to the "get to the chopper". I'm not saying i LOVE this movie, it certainly wasn't the greatest, but it was clear where the Strauss bros were coming from and i appreciate it.

And i don't think it was cheap looking at all, why do people repeat that? Plus, it was R rated, not PG-13, that was the whole point!

Unrated on disc not in theaters. While there were some nice scenes watching it from beginning to end was pretty painful.

Please let this happen.

I mean, Ridley Scott hasn't been in top form for a while, but I would absolutely watch this if he came back to direct it. Hopefully in will be in vein of the first or third film -- a lone alien killing the humans off one by one. I loved the first two, liked the third, didn't like the fourth. The AvP movies were absolute tosh.

Yes! I'd love to see a prequel to the original Alien (1979). I distinctly remember the part where they entered an alien ship with the remains of a dead alien that was quite large. If I remember correctly, it was much larger than an alien and a human. It also had a big hole in its chest which I assume was caused by a chest-popper. Anyway, a movie that deals with the origins of the aliens would be nice. Especially considering the quality of the last Alien vs. Predator movie.

you mean a chest burster. and that was the space jockey i was referring to. they need to have those guys back in the story.

Yes! I'd love to see a prequel to the original Alien (1979). I distinctly remember the part where they entered an alien ship with the remains of a dead alien that was quite large. If I remember correctly, it was much larger than an alien and a human. It also had a big hole in its chest which I assume was caused by a chest-popper.

I don't remember that part, now I'm going to have to watch it again :) Roughly any idea how far in that scene was? Also chest popper/chest burster, same **** :D

What's up with all these reboots now? out of ideas again? Round 2?