Vista SP2 RTM (6002.18005) is out

Anyone here has the technet or mdsn slipstreamed version of vista SP2 installed?

Yes; although I didn't acquire it from technet... see about page 10 where one was disucssing the SHA1-sums... it was leaked thanks to Russians i believe... and it is the official one from microsoft if you believe the SHA1 sums... in fact, multiple were leaked, but specifically the most popular one (x86.. DVD... SP2 integrated... non-checked build) is what i procured.

wouldn't have had to have done that if Microsoft didn't make the process of making a slipstreamed disk such an effort.

If anyone did and was home premium can you post the eula that appears in the end?

as above, business OEM here and the EULA was displayed in integrated form. ie. it identified itself as "Vista Business Service Pack 2" if I remember correctly. Home Premium would have displayed the same thing except for the version name difference.

Edited by ozzbo

I downloaded that version too but although the Sha1 hash is the same is still hard for me to believe its the real thing because i have two problems:

- When waking up from sleep mode it takes almost a minute to use my keyboard again

- Directxwebsetup doesnt work to.

In my vista sp1 clean install everything worked as expected, with that downloaded release i have those two problems, if sp2 contains all updates prior to sp1 how come i have these problems?It's a minor thing but still annoys me a little.

hmmm.. i am confident it is the same.

if you want, let me know what to test exactly and i can compare it for you to see if you are alone?

- i have ps/2 keyboard but also USB..

- not sure what that is... is that the small (200~kB) file for DirectX updating?

so we are on the same page, the SHA1 for the volume i am use is 25AD9A776503E6A583BEC07879DBCC5DFD20CD6E

hmmm.. i am confident it is the same.

if you want, let me know what to test exactly and i can compare it for you to see if you are alone?

- i have ps/2 keyboard but also USB..

- not sure what that is... is that the small (200~kB) file for DirectX updating?

so we are on the same page, the SHA1 for the volume i am use is 25AD9A776503E6A583BEC07879DBCC5DFD20CD6E

I have cordless desktop wave from logitech. I put my computer to sleep, after it's on sleep mode i wake it up and after the desktop shows up i start moving the mouse and pressing the win key on the keyboard, only after a minute my mouse cursor and the start menu appears.

When it comes to directx download the web installer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

and run it to update your directx. If you face the same problem has i do you'll get the message "Internal system error has ocurred" or similar and you are unable to update directx.

The MD5 and SHA1 hash are SHA1:25AD9A776503E6A583BEC07879DBCC5DFD20CD6E

MD5:19CA90A425667812977BAB6F4CE24175 so it seems to be microsoft release.

ok for first one, i put it to sleep then woke it up after 5 minutes. entered password, started moving mouse and hit win key on keyboard, and both responded instantly. PS/2 keyboard, USB mouse. I also tested with a generic USB keyboard, no problems

directx: i ran this and it detected 37mb of optional components.. i began downloading but cancelled shortly after as my net is slow tonight.. did you manage to get up to this stage?

ok for first one, i put it to sleep then woke it up after 5 minutes. entered password, started moving mouse and hit win key on keyboard, and both responded instantly. PS/2 keyboard, USB mouse. I also tested with a generic USB keyboard, no problems

directx: i ran this and it detected 37mb of optional components.. i began downloading but cancelled shortly after as my net is slow tonight.. did you manage to get up to this stage?

Nope i get an error. Tell me something, you made a clean install or did you update your current installation?

Would we be able to slipstream SP2? I'm asking this because on the MS website it says:

"SP2 is an update to Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista that incorporates improvements discovered through automated feedback, as well as updates that have been delivered since SP1. By providing these fixes integrated into a single service pack for both client and server, Microsoft provides a single high-quality update that minimizes deployment and testing complexity for customers.

Service Pack 1 is a prerequisite for installing Service Pack 2. Please make sure that your system is running Service Pack 1 before you install Service Pack 2. "

and also, what's the difference between "Five Language Standalone (KB948465)" and "Five Language Standalone DVD ISO (KB948465)"??

Thanks, :)

-sim1

and also, what's the difference between "Five Language Standalone (KB948465)" and "Five Language Standalone DVD ISO (KB948465)"??

Thanks, :)

-sim1

The DVD ISO includes both the x86 and x64 versions of the service pack.

13z7bys.png

im still wondering what its the point to have a windows update version if the standalone setup its THE SAME SIZE. What im really amazed its that since i have vista sp1 with everything patched and windows search 4, shouldnt the setup install what you dont have and "intelligently" update to sp2, i find it stupid to have 3GB of free space as a requirement to install a SP.

Sim1, it's not as easy as it used to be where one could simply take an original XP CD from 2001 or 2002, and then download XP SP3, with the drop of the /integrate:x:\pathtoxp switch, boom, you would have an up-to-date source. Google around and you will soon see there is no easy method; a lot has changed in the service packs and you will see that's one of the reasons why to install SP2, you need to have SP1 running first. They are only cumulative in respect to the updates released since the prior service pack. they are not cumulative from a service pack perspective (e.g. XP SP3, the SP3 (~300MB) would contain all the changes for SP1, 2 and 3. here, Vista SP2 only has all the changes since the end of SP1 stage.

Easiest thing is to download the official SP2 integrated DVD via unofficial sources :D

I made a clean install too.

Hmm, i'm not sure then. Perhaps wait for Logitech driver updates? Not sure about directx! Perhaps it was a connection/server issue?

On a side note, did this clean up a ton of space for anybody but me? I think it got rid of all my system restore points/previous versions (for shadow copies) but I don't think it was just that because I seriously have like 30 more gb's than before.

WOOHOO!!! I forgot they were fixing the one thing in Vista that I complained about. In my music folder, if you added another column to details Vista never remembered it. I would have to add "date modified" each time I started my computer but not anymore!

One more WOOHOO should do it. :D

I just installed SP2 on my Vista x64.. didn't notice any considerable changes in performance as such but everything is stable and running.. will report back if it fixed the bugs I was experiencing..

P.s. I do not want to uninstall SP2 now.. how do I delete the files it stored as backup in case I want to uninstall it?

I just installed SP2 on my Vista x64.. didn't notice any considerable changes in performance as such but everything is stable and running.. will report back if it fixed the bugs I was experiencing..

P.s. I do not want to uninstall SP2 now.. how do I delete the files it stored as backup in case I want to uninstall it?

Open the command prompt as an administrator and execute the command "compcln.exe". It will remove any RTM and SP1 bits that are left over (and as a result, you will be unable to uninstall Service Pack 2).