Vista SP2 RTM (6002.18005) is out

Not sure when it's going to be on Windows Update but I'd expect an announcement soon ;)

also an update for vista just got released to enable future updates to install sucessfully

KB955430

5 gigabytes to install >_> that's awful a lot for a service pack, but hell, who does have five gigabyte free space left on their system drive.

+1

Figures...no more than an hour since I finished doing a system wipe/reinstall/setup...they release SP2.

They haven't released it yet, probably won't be released until sometime in May or June....

As Tom said, we've confirmed this is the RTM version. Official press release and public availability to be announced soon. :)

well the digital signature is valid and stuff.. I know that doesn't mean this will be the real RTM, but i "trust wzor".. anyway I'd much prefer the get slipstreamed ISO.. >>__>> It's on the torrents already, but I don't like torrents.

i think i will wait till ms officialy releases it. this may be leaked but it could also be the RC.

well the digital signature is valid and stuff.. I know that doesn't mean this will be the real RTM, but i "trust wzor".. anyway I'd much prefer the get slipstreamed ISO.. >>__>> It's on the torrents already, but I don't like torrents.

Images can be edited....

Why the paranoia? You can download it yourself and check the digital signature of the .exe before running it.

...so is it real and the RTM?

Yes and yes. It has also been confirmed on the front page.

thx. just installed it.

seems indeed somewhat snappier and faster.

way to go microsoft!

Installed and overall works great except for one problem ... i can't seem to play divx movies in media center. Plays fine in windows media player but not media center. I've tried installing Xvid and Divx and all i get is a black screen. Can someone else check this?